Cop Who Shot Young Minority Male Sends Kaepernick Item He’ll Never Forget

Options
MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

open-letter-to-kaepernick-.jpg

Retired police officer Chris Amos, a father of three, had the spotlight shone on him while he was still in uniform. Amos shot and killed a young minority male and was given paid leave.

He is exactly the type of police officer that Kaepernick spoke about when he said, “There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

However, Amos decided to show Kaepernick something that the NFL player didn’t know: that they were more alike than he realized.

The open letter addressed to Kaepernick that Amos posted on Facebook was absolutely spectacular. See the full letter below:

An Open Letter to Colin Kaepernick,

Dear Colin guess you have been pretty busy these last few days. For the record I don’t think any more or less of you for not standing for the national anthem. Honestly, I never thought that much about you, or any professional athlete for that matter, to begin with. I’ve read your statement a few times and want you to know I am one of the reasons you are protesting.

You see I am a retired police officer that had the misfortune of having to shoot and ? a 19-year-old African-American male. And just like you said, I was the recipient of about $3,000 a month while on leave, which was a good thing because I had to support a wife and three children under 7 years old for about 2 months with that money. Things were pretty tight because I couldn’t work part-time. Every police officer I’ve ever known has worked part-time to help make ends meet.

You know, Colin, the more I think about it, the more we seem to have in common. I really pushed myself in rehab to get back on the street, kind of like you do to get back on the field. You probably have had a broken bone or two and some muscle strains and deep bruising that needed a lot of work.

I just had to bounce back from a gunshot wound to the chest and thigh. Good thing we both get paid when we are too banged up to “play,” huh? We both also know what it’s like to get blindsided. You by a 280-pound defensive end, ouch! Me, by a couple of rounds fired from a gun about 2 feet away into my chest and thigh. We also both make our living wearing uniforms, right?

You have probably ruined a jersey or two on the field of play. I still have my blood-stained shirt that my partner and paramedics literally ripped off my back that cold night in January. Fortunately, like you I was given a new one. Speaking of paramedics aren’t you glad the second we get hurt trainers and doctors are standing by waiting to rush onto the field to scoop us up. I’m thankful they get to you in seconds.

It only took them about 10 minutes to get to me. By the grace of ? , the artery in my thigh didn’t rupture or else 10 minutes would have been about 9 minutes too late. We also have both experienced the hate and disgust others have just because of those uniforms we wear. I sure am glad for your sake that the folks who wear my uniform are on hand to ? you and those folks that wear your uniform into stadiums in places like Seattle!

I guess that’s where the similarities end, Colin. You entertain for a living, I and almost 800,000 others across this country serve and protect. Are there some bad apples within my profession?

Absolutely, and they need to be identified and fired or arrested! But you know what, the vast majority do the right thing, the right way, for the right reason. Did I mention that seconds before I was shot, an elderly African-American gentleman walking down the sidewalk, turned to my partner and I as we rode past and said, “Get them.” Get who, you ask?

The thugs terrorizing an otherwise good and decent neighborhood, home to dozens of good, decent African-American families trying to raise those families in communities not protected by gates and security guards. No these folks and families depend on America’s law enforcement officers.

Colin, I have buried 7 friends killed in the line of duty and three others who have committed suicide. I have attended more funerals than I care to remember of neighboring departments who have lost officers in the line of duty, during my career. Law enforcement officers with different backgrounds, upbringings and experiences united by their willingness to answer the call to protect and serve their fellow citizens.

Colin, I am sorry for the endorsement deals you may lose and the dip in jersey sales, but please know you will NEVER lose what these men and women and their families have lost. And so whether you stand or sit during the national anthem means very little to me.

As for me and the men and women on whose team I was privileged to serve, we will put on our ballistic vests, badge and gun, kiss our loved ones goodbye, for some tragically for the last time, and out into a shift of uncertainty we will go. We will continue to protect and continue to serve and we will be standing at attention, Colin, not just for the playing of our national anthem, but far more importantly for the playing of Taps.

http://conservativetribune.com/cop-shot-minority-sends-kaepernick/

Comments

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that's a retired Norfolk cop that said all that.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cracka murders a young black male then try to compare his struggle to that of a nfl qb

the nerve
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hes tried making a justification to why he killed a unarmed black guy...bunch of BS.hell they never talk about all the black men they set up to get killed tho
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White tears are really crocodile tears, that flow into a Justin Timberlake river.

Kaepernick is addressing a LONG history of systemic police brutality. Not a single event or episode of police misconduct.

He trots out the familiar talking points about how bad cops should be arrested and sent to jail. Creating a separation from "good cops."

Yet those so-called good cops actively participate in covering up police misconduct from the "bad cops."

He uses the new code-word for ? by calling criminals thugs. Just like white ? dealers and users in rual Appalachia huh? Who continue to reek havoc on their communities. But I don't see the same level of vitriol or heavy-handed police tactics thrown their way.

They get treatment centers, and compassion. We get shot and disproportionate jail sentences.

Spare me with this white savior complex, entitled pig nonsense.
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    "You need me and my services."

tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif GIFSoup

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I had to shoot young innocent people for a living to feed my future wife and kids then me, my wife and kids don't deserve a got damn thing.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spare me with this white savior complex, entitled pig nonsense.

If it wasn't for me who would protect you benevolent ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    said a whole bunch of nothing to garner sympathy
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    These pigs love to grandstand when they get their feelings hurt

"LOOK AT ME, IM OFFENDED !!"
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People ? me with these "open letters" and ? . Just ? !
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    which was a good thing because I had to support a wife and three children under 7......

He glossed right over the life he took which was unimportant to him and focused on self and the lives important to him...

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being a cop is a easy ? job

That's why anybody can be one and don't get ? for doing it.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Ayo ? that letter and his woe is me I couldn't work a part time job. That 19yr old will never see 20. The audacity of these CAC are funny as ?

Um, im pretty sure that 19 year old shot him in the chest and thigh also. LOL

The letter was fine to be honest. ? is overreacting. Colin was initially talking about just police brutality though, but then we now know he wears pig cops socks. So you cant fight generalizations and prejudices with more generalizations and prejudices.

Colin also said he has some family and friends that are cops. So i think he understands, even if he is voicing his opinion through childish socks at times, coupled with reasonable peaceful protest.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was more for the public, the need the public on their side more than Kaepernick.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Being a cop is a easy ? job

That's why anybody can be one and don't get ? for doing it.

Exactly, Cops make there own job harder, by a lack of respect for the communities they've sworn to protect. Unnecessary force, and acts. If they did their actual job, it'd be smooth sailing.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get this ? I'm white and a victim ? outta here his ? should be doing 25-life ? him.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I'm lost what was the point of this letter??? Because I don't get anything he is saying having to do with what it is a Colin is speaking and protesting against
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I'm lost what was the point of this letter??? Because I don't get anything he is saying having to do with what it is a Colin is speaking and protesting against

Colin auto made it relevant with the socks he has worn, and currently wears. Its not relevant to police brutality at all if he shot someone in defense of his life after being shot, and got paid leave for it.

The point of the letter is to ? communicate. Dont be dense. The problem with our society now, is that the overwhelming group of morons that waste precious air, dont know how to communicate with each other. They just wanna scream their problems, fight each other over differences without sharing their anecdotes, showing empathy, and being understanding.

Its clearly just an open letter from an ex cop saying hes completely fine with colins decision, but that essentially hes not just some pig. That hes a human who does a job as an officer, and maybe colin should be more conscious of where he directs his frustrations, and generalizations.

(Stops from inevitably typing some condescending ? ) "Cmon Vellum, relax. I know these ? can read, and comprehend english, while also having forethought for how this is a good thing. I know they can".