Amy schumer tweets black men more likely to street harass you. !@#$% WHAT!?

Options

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe you can get through to the lost brotha @Black_Samson my foot needs rest from trying to kick sense into his ass.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    You ? idiots. The world is not how you want it to be. It just is how it is.

There is no reason why black men might not do this more often than white men. Black men are not the same as white men. Or Asian men.

And I am not even saying that she is definitely right. I am just saying that what she said can't be dismissed as racist right off the bat.

Let me add this to this.

Could it be that black culture is more permissive than white culture with respect to men hollering at women on the street -- is it less an issue in black culture than white culture?

It's possible; certainly, black and white culture are not the same.

Even if that is true, that doesn't necessarily mean that black men would be more likely to holler at women outside the culture (i.e. non-black women) than other men. They are, after all, not part of the culture.

Then again, it may be that the more permissiveness of the culture sipes out, and black men are more likely to holler at women in general as opposed to just black women.

I am not saying this is necessarily true. I am saying this one reason why it may be true.

To insist, dogmatically, that black men could not possibly do this more than white men is just not defensible.

This ? is correct. In many Afro-diasporic and African cultures, "hollering" is much more accepted

Of course many white women are so racist and self centered that they think any man especially black that as much as looks at her is trying to "sexual harrase" her

However saltines do it too; and Latin men are definitely the worst but the media paints it as only a black thing (see the street harassment video where they edited out the white men)

Just had to throw in a "? " in there, didn't you?

From the outside looking in...

I wouldn't knowingly twist a j in your vicinity.

You are too white washed.
    Life aint like it is on base bruh.

What makes you say I'm too white washed? Can you explain?

The fact that you actually buy into the talking points you bring up each time whitey ? up.

The fact that you never let us have our moment without saying some stupid ? .

The fact that white posters have even called you out.

The fact the you think you are a voice of reason. When in actuality you are a voice of dissent.

You never like seeing us smile.

You assist in the perpetual rage on this site.

This is almost all wrong. You have not been paying close attention.

I will say one thing though. If y'all are saying some bs, I will register my dissent, as in this case and a few others. For the most part though, I am in agreement with most posters on the central questions of race.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is amy schumer???
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for real can someone help me out, I don't even know what that paul guy is trying say. I have no clue whats goin on
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    for real can someone help me out, I don't even know what that paul guy is trying say. I have no clue whats goin on

He's saying that even if black men street harass women, they aren't doing it more than any other race. And her reply to his statement was basically "how would you know, you're not getting catcalled out here." Basically standing by her "joke" that black men harass women on the street more than other races

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no reason why black men might not do this more often than white men. Black men are not the same as white men. Or Asian men.

And I am not even saying that she is definitely right. I am just saying that what she said can't be dismissed as racist right off the bat.

Let me add this to this.

Could it be that black culture is more permissive than white culture with respect to men hollering at women on the street -- is it less an issue in black culture than white culture?

Even if that is true, that doesn't necessarily mean that black men would be more likely to holler at women outside the culture (i.e. non-black women) than other men. They are, after all, not part of the culture.

Then again, it may be that the more permissiveness of the culture sipes out, and black men are more likely to holler at women in general as opposed to just black women.

I am not saying this is necessarily true. I am saying this one reason why it may be true.

To insist, dogmatically, that black men could not possibly do this more than white men is just not defensible.

This ? is correct. In many Afro-diasporic and African cultures, "hollering" is much more accepted

Of course many white women are so racist and self centered that they think any man especially black that as much as looks at her is trying to "sexual harrase" her

However saltines do it too; and Latin men are definitely the worst but the media paints it as only a black thing (see the street harassment video where they edited out the white men)

The fact that you actually buy into the talking points you bring up each time whitey ? up.

The fact the you think you are a voice of reason. When in actuality you are a voice of dissent.

I will say one thing though. If y'all are saying some bs, I will register my dissent, as in this case and a few others. For the most part though, I am in agreement with most posters on the central questions of race.

Agreement with most??? Delusional ? you're known as the resident ? that always takes up for white people and says stupidass ? like agreeing with this dumb cac that has no proof of her claims.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She tried to say it wasn't her who tweeted.

CrY_S5cVUAAUqll.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white boys are just as aggressive. It's just that the white chicks are conscious during the pursuit, so they don't notice.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Let me add this to this.

Agreement with most??? Delusional ? you're known as the resident ? that always takes up for white people and says stupidass ? like agreeing with this dumb cac that has no proof of her claims.

Listen, you stupid ? , you don't know what you're talking about.

I have agreed with the anger over the police shootings, Kaepernick and many, many other issues. Look at my posts. I put more emphasis on racism than most posters, and I have no doubt that I more deeply invested in these racial issues than 99% of you fools. When Cleveland won the NBA championship, what struck me the most in that moment was the fact that that was the same city where they let Tamir's murders off, and I posted something to that effect. Even when I don't post, look at what I co-sign or GOAT.

But being pro-black -- and you will be hard-pressed to find someone more pro-black than I am -- to me doesn't include evading or denying cold hard facts. Recently I got in trouble for saying that we are more violent, judging by statistics of violent crime rates. This was in response to someone going around saying, "And they say we are more violent." No serious scholar denies that blacks commits more violent crime (other crimes yes, but not violent crimes); I even quoted Michelle Alexander to that effect. But you fools seem to want to wish away certain unpleasant realities.

I will say one thing though. A lot of times I am willing to just sit back and co-sign others. When I moved to actually post, it may disproportionately be in situations like this where I am taking a minority view. As a result, it may seem that I am more out of step than I actually am.

And I never said that what Schumer said is correct. I said that there is no reason in principle why one group of men (e.g. black men) may not holler at women more than other groups. To settle the issue, the matter should be studied.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let me add this to this.

I have agreed with the anger over the police shootings, Kaepernick and many, many other issues. Look at my posts. I put more emphasis on racism than most posters, and I have no doubt that I more deeply invested in these racial issues than 99% of you fools. When Cleveland won the NBA championship, what struck me the most in that moment was the fact that that was the same city where they let Tamir's murders off, and I posted something to that effect. Even when I don't post, look at what I co-sign or GOAT.

But being pro-black -- and you will be hard-pressed to find someone more pro-black than I am -- to me doesn't include evading or denying cold hard facts. Recently I got in trouble for saying that we are more violent, judging by statistics of violent crime rates. This was in response to someone going around saying, "And they say we are more violent." No serious scholar denies that blacks commits more violent crime (other crimes yes, but not violent crimes); I even quoted Michelle Alexander to that effect. But you fools seem to want to wish away certain unpleasant realities.

I will say one thing though. A lot of times I am willing to just sit back and co-sign others. When I moved to actually post, it may disproportionately be in situations like this where I am taking a minority view. As a result, it may seem that I am more out of step than I actually am.

And I never said that what Schumer said is correct. I said that there is no reason in principle why one group of men (e.g. black men) may not holler at women more than other groups. To settle the issue, the matter should be studied.

Maybe i'm wrong, but it seems you bring certain things up in the wrong context. For instance, you may be right about crime statistics, but bringing that up at a time when people with badges commit crime and don't get convictions is the wrong move. Also, people only mentioning violent crimes, and not mentioning the history violence of white men, and their current ? for war and their body counts far exceeding ours in their many conflicts around the world makes it seem bringing up those facts disingenuous. It also dismisses the fact that blacks do talk about how to deal with the crime rate and point out a racist system that is cupable. You can't just mention one issue to discount the other. Even if percentage wise it's less, it's more dead people.
  • A Talented One
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

Let me add this to this.

Maybe i'm wrong, but it seems you bring certain things up in the wrong context. For instance, you may be right about crime statistics, but bringing that up at a time when people with badges commit crime and don't get convictions is the wrong move. Also, people only mentioning violent crimes, and not mentioning the history violence of white men, and their current ? for war and their body counts far exceeding ours in their many conflicts around the world makes it seem bringing up those facts disingenuous. It also dismisses the fact that blacks do talk about how to deal with the crime rate and point out a racist system that is cupable. You can't just mention one issue to discount the other. Even if percentage wise it's less, it's more dead people.

No, those are not the contexts in which I bring up violent crime rates. It's when a white person does something horrifyingly violent , and people post saying, "And they we are the violent ones." White violence does seem to be often overlooked, but there is no question that blacks do commit more violent crime. And since I am averse to people trying to deny the undeniable, I point that out. While, I should add, always being careful to mention just why I think we commit more violent crime (i.e. the disadvantaged communities we are more likely to live in, which is due to white oppression).
  • A Talented One
    Options

Let me add this to this.

Here is the thread I was talking about: http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/550441/white-woman-opens-fire-killing-young-black-aspiring-doctor-college-student/p1
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny thing is this ? is wack n her come up is off makn off the wall comments

Yet 2 weeks ago at a show ? had 2 guys thrown out for sayn "show ur titts"
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Let me add this to this.

No, those are not the contexts in which I bring up violent crime rates. It's when a white person does something horrifyingly violent , and people post saying, "And they we are the violent ones." White violence does seem to be often overlooked, but there is no question that blacks do commit more violent crime. And since I am averse to people trying to deny the undeniable, I point that out. While, I should add, always being careful to mention just why I think we commit more violent crime (i.e. the disadvantaged communities we are more likely to live in, which is due to white oppression).
    What's the point of bringing up "blacks commit more crime" (not that I agree with that) in a thread about a black person being senselessly killed by a race soldier?
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? look like another fat random white ? i be seeing shopping at walmart wit 3 dusty ass lookin lil ?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait.

@A Talented One is black? When that happen?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    black men aint afraid to go after what we want.

not being a sucka an trynna get ass is not harassment
    ..it's call being the object of someone's desire

No no no according to feminist just being attracted to a female is sexual harrassment. I can't deal with these stupid broads, can't even shoot at a chick on the street anymore cause of ? like this.
    Ironically, in the same breathe The same ugly ass feminist in Lenas dunam, w/e her name is. caught midlife crisis feelings, when Odell paid her ugly as no mind...

Probably cuz he's a ? ...