Black Twitter gets @ DJ Envy for supporting Stop And Frisk...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/09/twitter-dj-envy-stop-and-frisk/
Twitter Goes in on DJ Envy for Supporting Stop-and-Frisk

The first presidential debate between Republican and Democratic nominees Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was held last night, with heated discussion ranging from the economy to foreign policy. On the subject of domestic violence, Trump recommended bringing back Stop and Frisk, a policy carried out by the NYPD in recent years. Discussing the debates this morning, Power 105’s The Breakfast Club offered their one-of-a-kind perspective , with DJ Envy agreeing with Trump’s proposal.

“They got a lot of guns off the streets,” he says in the above clip. “The way that the NYPD was doing it was unconstitutional they didn’t so it the way that it was supposed to be done, that’s why they pulled it from New York…They said if it was done the right way [the effectiveness] probably would be a lot higher.”

The show then invited listeners to weigh in on the discussion, with one calling Envy, whose father is a retired police officer, out for his stance. “Yeah I believe stop and frisk works in certain areas,” Envy then said. “Especially areas where crime is high you should absolutely positively check and see who’s on the streets. There shouldn’t be kids and people hanging on the corner 1, 2 in the morning doing what they do. If you from the hood, you know what ? is doin’ on the corner at 11 and 12.”

Naturally, Twitter has responded to Envy’s remarks with harsh criticism. Check out audio of Envy’s comments below with a gallery of Twitter’s best reactions up top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub7BAgirLG0

Comments

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word from Star in 3...

Bet everyone who sided with him in that little beef feels dumb as ? . I'm not sure, but this may be the dumbest thing a black pseudo-celebrity has uttered in a good little minute.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is saying it wouldn't be so bad if it was done "right." Given everything that we're seeing nowadays, I'm not sure where in this country he thinks a policy like Stop & Frisk could be done right.

That of course is assuming there was a right way to harass citizens for no reason, but we all know there is no such way.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Envy has been robbed before so he in his feels..

The practice is legalized racial profiling and that could lead to more dead black bodies. We dont need that.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea Envy disappointed me today. He's always been kinda neutral but today he exposed himself as a rich outta touch ? . How can you say you support something that allows cops to racially profile your ppl? It sounded like he was speaking from a sheltered rich black man perspective, saying these middle-class/poor ? need to be profiled
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do we attack ? who dont have the "black" opinion on ? . "Oh white people gone love that". Yeah cause if he didnt say that, they werent gonna think it. So quick to call people ? , and uncle toms.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That in a perfect world ? dont work,
    aint nothing gonna work how its supposed if racist ass cops are involved
    Cops gonna stop and frisk ? cause they can get away with violating us
    They arent stop and frisking wall street crackas and the like because them muhfuckas will call their peoples who are throwing fund raisers for crackas in office and have ? thrown out

So yea if they were stop and frisking everyone maybe it would work. Thats not whats happening, theyre concentrating their efforts where negros are and neglecting crackas that are doing the same if not worse, then throwing these ? #'s in our faces like its only blacks committing crimes well thats only cause thats who u investigate

Then got this ignorant ? guiliani going on tv talking this blacks are more prone to being criminals ?

? stop and frisk and these racists that support it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Charlamagne should have said is that we shoudl be limiting the interactions with the police.. not encouraging more encounters..

Envy kept pointing to the stats about the number of guns off the streets.. and his disney world like hopefulness "if it was done correctly" was face palm worthy... as if thsee mofos could be trusted to do the right thing .. i guess he didnt wake up yet.. because that was utterly stupid and vapid
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do we attack ? who dont have the "black" opinion on ? . "Oh white people gone love that". Yeah cause if he didnt say that, they werent gonna think it. So quick to call people ? , and uncle toms.

I wouldnt call envy a ? but ? him for saying that ? could work, stop and frisk is a terrible idea for not only black ppl but ppl in general, ? that ? it didnt work then no way in hell itd work now with the way race relations are
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The answer to that question is in the Twitter comments... dude is being selfish because he's out of the hood and stop and Frisk wont affect him and his
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

I wouldnt call envy a ? but ? him for saying that ? could work, stop and frisk is a terrible idea for not only black ppl but ppl in general, ? that ? it didnt work then no way in hell itd work now with the way race relations are

word, and thats a legit response to that...but to twitter troll the ? to hell yelling ? . theres gone be one day where mad black people gone be up on ? , some ? gone know and see better and speak out. and everybody gone call him a ? .

back in the day Bill Clinton has an act he was tryna push through congress. the gop didnt want it to do the good things it was gone do. so they put the maditory sentences language in it. they were think that Clinton is gonna have to get acceptance from the black caucus to move this through, and no way are they gone ok this.

bet you in that room full of ? that agree to add the language. some ? was in the room saying no deal. got called out for that ? cause he saw the bad in the good. people get on clinton for that ? , but that was on the black caucus giving the ok
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think his dad is a cop...so he seeing things differently.

still don't like him for that ? he did to star
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

The answer to that question is in the Twitter comments... dude is being selfish because he's out of the hood and stop and Frisk wont affect him and his

You say that like you know for a fact that to be his reasoning
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He may not be a full blown ? , but he got coonish tendencies.

Is that better?
  • SolemnSauce
    edited September 2016
    Options
    making people run away from their opinions by having reactions like that, does not get the facts out and understood as they should. It nows becomes a personal thing, tell me something. How many times have you done something wrong, someone insults you. You find out you were wrong, accept it, learn from it and move on. People just off of GP get further entrenched in bad opinions when they feel attacked. And Envy represents the voice for alot of well of black dudes that feel that way. Bet they dig deeper into that thinking, bet them ? actually vote, bet them ? have influence, bet them feelings affect that influence.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    true that i been ignorant to a lto of ? at times then seen the light...might happen to envy and it might not but we don't need to ? the man for having a difference of opinion
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. Wonder if Charlemagne gonna give Envy the Donkey of the Day?

lmao. that would be funny as ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait for it....
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is a scumbag. And we're actually related, smh.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid solution to an absolute problem (murder in urban communities)
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was listening this morning knowing that black america was gonna go in on his wack ass bout time I got off work. The internet is a glorious invention