OFFICIAL 2016-2017 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This team sucks I love the kids idea but Mitch should make moves unless he thinks we can properly tank for a top 3 one more time

Larry Nance is truly missed
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just saying I don't want to hear Mitch saying moves are unlikely, do your damn job and move these vets at least primarily Lou Will... looks like his hot streak has gone away we should've moved him while he was cooking for max trade potential
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This team sucks I love the kids idea but Mitch should make moves unless he thinks we can properly tank for a top 3 one more time

Don't be one of them microwave fans

Average age of our core is like 22. You gotta let these youngins cook for like 2-3 years. Your expectations are unrealistic

We are on pace to double last seasons win total, with a first year head coach. That is real progress
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

Don't be one of them microwave fans

Average age of our core is like 22. You gotta let these youngins cook for like 2-3 years. Your expectations are unrealistic

We are on pace to double last seasons win total, with a first year head coach. That is real progress

I ain't a microwave fan I'm not even saying fire sale the kids.... I'm saying that Mitch should find ways to make moves even if they are upside deals... Lou Williams is gonna be a FA next summer do u really want to resign dude to 16-20 mil or would u rather make a move for Noel for some real post protection.. the salaries match make the deal... id rather make a deal too early than too late is what I'm saying.. Deng should be trade bait for any1 who would take him especially if we can get that 18 mil back for this summer...

I'm a realistic Laker fan we got moves we can make, don't get content on losing and what u already got... go get better since we don't have a pick unless we are going to all out tank for it
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    We don't need to resign Lou Williams, next year. But trading him right now is pointless and will not be a net gain in value for this team.

Hes not a good enough player to trade for a real asset and his salary isn't high enough to be traded for a good player as a salary dump, so whoever you trade him for won't even be as good as he is. We'd just be hustling backwards.

It's not being content with losing, it's seeing the bigger picture. Last year we won 17 games with a team that featured Kobe ? Bryant. This year we'll probably hit 34-35 wins.

Next year see if we get up to the mid 40s and sniff the playoffs, maybe get a taste of that first round life, THEN start making "Win Now" moves. See who fits long term and try to snag big time free agents.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^This guy gets it
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    We don't need to resign Lou Williams, next year. But trading him right now is pointless and will not be a net gain in value for this team.

Hes not a good enough player to trade for a real asset and his salary isn't high enough to be traded for a good player as a salary dump, so whoever you trade him for won't even be as good as he is. We'd just be hustling backwards.

It's not being content with losing, it's seeing the bigger picture. Last year we won 17 games with a team that featured Kobe ? Bryant. This year we'll probably hit 34-35 wins.

Next year see if we get up to the mid 40s and sniff the playoffs, maybe get a taste of that first round life, THEN start making "Win Now" moves. See who fits long term and try to snag big time free agents.

Taking the inch by inch approach is not poppin bruh, you wanna be the Orlando Magic now. Lou's 7 mil isn't big enough.... Until you add another player with that like a Jose Calderon who is making 9 mil on an expiring deal, that's 16 mil in a package... There's hella ways to get low bargain deals, look at how Lebron crafted the Cavs getting JR and Shumpert for a 5¢ on the dollar... We can move all the vets for all I care if we can get a steal of a deal
  • Inglewood_B
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Who in their right mind is trading for Calderon? Lol... good luck with that

And that's not inch by inch approach that is natural progression. Your unrealistic expectations that a bunch of players barely old enough to drink(some still aren't) should be close to contending is why people think Lakers fans are delusional. Have some perspective.

The "playoff run or tank" approach is terrible and that's kinda how we got to this point in the first place, making bad free agency acquisitions and terrible trades. Lou Williams, Deng and Calderon in a trade aren't gonna bring in players that are gonna turn the tide.

The days of trading a Kwame Brown for a Pau Gasol are over.

• joeyfkncrakk
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm not even saying that we should be contending for a title when did u read that... I said the team sucks, maybe they just hit a wall but trends are developing that show we might need a shake up
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Zubac & Ingram need the 3&5 spots now! Deng & MoZ can be high paid reserves... so what if we lose out best way to getting them developed & a top 3 so we get our future 2 guard
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    They are saying if Melo waived his no trade it would be for the Cavs or LAC/LAL.... pretty much LA is the only city he'd rather play in outside of NY I'd trade for Melo bro... Tarik & Lou Williams with future considerations we got cap space so we can fit his salary Im doing that deal if I'm Mitch and idgaf who hates
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    This is a pointless side note and means nothing, but I found it hilarious: I'm on my 2nd season NBA2k17 MyCareer and I signed with the Lakers and...

Brandon Ingram is a ? chucker. I swear to ? that ? don't pass ? . Every call for pass to him is ignored and if you pass it to him he gon pull up. 100% guaranteed

I hate that ? , man. Even Justice Young give up the rock occasionally. Ingram will have 11 attempts before the end of the 1st quarter. All 3s

diwfcthjouz3.png
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    I can't wait for Jr to get back. This squad has missed him A LOT. I knew they would but not that much. But Luke has been speaking on how big he is for what they do since the start of the season. I want to see the young core players get as much run together as possible this season.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    ? , this game is cursed for us. Players dropping like flies, smh.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    ? , this game is cursed for us. Players dropping like flies, smh.

Glad Nick Young is ok. Hopefully D Russell's injury is not that bad. Dude needs as much playing time as possible.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ingram took the 3 spot last nite from Deng... we go as far as Brandon takes us going forward his upside is dumb high... he has the IT factor.. he can get on some lightweight Antetokounmpo ? by year 5
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow we are look like trash right now
  • toheeb27
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Wow we are look like trash right now

Dude, that 2nd qtr was one of the worst i have ever seen the Lakers have.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    I told u guys we suck...
  • toheeb27
    Options
    I told u guys we suck...

Last in the west now, looks like Tank Season has officially begun.
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Trust the process lol

We're supposed to suck right now. Young team + Assortment of injuries. And we're still better than we were last year
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    I think I can finally let go of "basketball reasons" if the league lets the Lakers win the lottery this year.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol at double the win total!! this team ain't sniffing 34 wins
  • Inglewood_B
    edited January 2017
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

lol at double the win total!! this team ain't sniffing 34 wins

we are still better than last year. That's said... it's probably best to go for the tank