Black Mirror Season 3 Trailer

Options

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I can only watch one episode every couple days. ? is depressing. That white bear episode had me fuuuucked up. Baby girl deserved it but you gotta have a certain kinda stomach to carry out that kinda torture, let alone watch it everyday. I ain't built like that.

Still got a couple episodes of season 3 left. Nosedive and playtest were a trip.

lol yea, after binge watchin season 2 and 3 in 2 days is when I realized how much of a sick ? I was. I love this ? show b.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    "White Bear & White Christmas" are ? Crazy brah

Starting season 3 now...NoseDive is depressing me w/ this Social Media ?

nosedive was DOPE af...probably my favorite of S3

@_goldie_, i actually saw "shut up and dance" but didnt know that was the name of the episode...

yea...that ? was crazy

i actually, inadvertently skipped San Junipero. Started watching it last night and fell asleep. Not that it wasnt good, but b/c i took some medicine lol

gon try to watch it again. The black chick is fine af imo

I peeped.. ..she look like kerry washingtons kid sister. I gotta do my googles.

I thought the same thing. She's way thicker tho and has a sexy British accent.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    I can only watch one episode every couple days. ? is depressing. That white bear episode had me fuuuucked up. Baby girl deserved it but you gotta have a certain kinda stomach to carry out that kinda torture, let alone watch it everyday. I ain't built like that.

Still got a couple episodes of season 3 left. Nosedive and playtest were a trip.

lol yea, after binge watchin season 2 and 3 in 2 days is when I realized how much of a sick ? I was. I love this ? show b.

? ..... shut up and dance had me like

1c76cb4afaafa376a9968e587b5a01f8.gif

All I could do was turn the TV off and go to sleep after that. I was done. Lol
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHERE IS SEASON 4 GAHDAMNNIT
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just started watching this. It seems like a good series. Strikes me as a more modernized and grounded Outer Limits.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my man, i had a strong feeling you would like it brah
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it...im watching this over the holidays from the first episode
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn this ? is deep and it hits like a kick to the nuts. But I gotta keep watching. The Saint Junipera episode is crazy.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I wonder about what message they are trying to deliver with some. For instance, in The History of You, they seem to be implying that people would be happier without the implants, but happy or not, he was better of with them in.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I kind of hate this show even tho it's extremely well made.

I don't like that they made the stupid weirdo a ? .

I don't like that the one girl chose to live in San Junipero instead of trying to see her husband and daughter in an after life. Like it wasn't a happy ending to me, but im not sure it was supposed to be.

These stories don't offer redemption and I don't like that.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

I don't like that the one girl chose to live in San Junipero instead of trying to see her husband and daughter in an after life. Like it wasn't a happy ending to me, but im not sure it was supposed to be.

welcome to the real world
  • Will Munny
    Options
    And see people say "that's the real world," but I reject that nihilistic thinking.

For millions of years humans have evolved to look to stories about religious archetypes. ? was way deeper than we realize. Like when someone just get a story right you just know it, its ? biology. I just don't like stories that don't offer redemption and I refuse to buy into that fatalistic "real world" thinking.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I honestly hated the San junipero episode. I thought it was wack af.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I don't really understand the examples you gave. There really wasn't any place for redemption in the episodes you're alluding to.

The ? episode was literally about real life trolling. There was no way for the ? to be redeemed because we didn't even know he was a ? until the end. The story wasn't about redemption. Initially, we were led to believe that the architect behind it all was just a ? , but in truth all the people being trolled were actually bad people and were getting what they deserved.

As for the San Junipero episode, it was a happy ending. The black chick wanted to be with the white chick. She just couldn't because of her loyalty to her husband and daughter. In the end, she chose to go with her heart, and she was shown to be happy with the decision she made. Keep in mind that this is a show that revolves around technology and human progress, so of course it's going to make it seem like going with the technological afterlife is the wiser choice than going with the unproven spiritual afterlife.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I wasn't meaning the ? one about getting redemption, I was just saying I hate when they make the lonely weirdo a ? .

I didn't see it as the wiser choice. I thought it was incredibly depressing as it went to that giant server building and it's all just robots putting these tiny little discs in machines, like what the ? does it even mean to be a human? Do we even have a soul? Is that all our consciousness can be reduced to? The part where she yelled at Yorkie about her her kid dying and being with her husband was just real as ? to me, and her not choosing them just seemed sad as ? to me.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I wasn't meaning the ? one about getting redemption, I was just saying I hate when they make the lonely weirdo a ? .

I didn't see it as the wiser choice. I thought it was incredibly depressing as it went to that giant server building and it's all just robots putting these tiny little discs in machines, like what the ? does it even mean to be a human? Do we even have a soul? Is that all our consciousness can be reduced to? The part where she yelled at Yorkie about her her kid dying and being with her husband was just real as ? to me, and her not choosing them just seemed sad as ? to me.

You're thinking about it in a weird way though. Step back from the server room and look at the actual people. They loved each other and they were going to get to spend eternity (or as long as the system lasted) together in a world that was real to them.

You're also forgetting that she didn't really even believe in the spiritual afterlife. She was only going to go through with it out of loyalty. So basically from her standpoint, she was going to cease existing altogether out of the guilt she felt not having her husband and daughter with her. Instead, she chose life over death. Now from a Christian standpoint, you might look at it as a ? up choice because you believe there is an afterlife and this chick just spurned ? . But from the viewpoint of a nonbeliever, choosing to die would have been stupid.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    But is going on in a machine like that even a real existence? What does it say about our own existence and experience if it can all be broken down into something digital.

It just created too many questions for me. Even the song at the end "Heaven is a place on earth" was ? up to me but perfectly fitting.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The questions you're asking are the things you're supposed to ponder. This is a series like Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits in they take a concept and run with it, and in the end you don't necessarily have all the answers. Sometimes you're just left with conceptual questions.

If you've ever taken a philosophy class, that's pretty much how it goes.

From my standpoint, I'd say look at your life now. What fulfills you? What makes you happy? If you could do all that in a simulation that was literally indistinguishable from the real world, would there really be any difference for you?

That episode was actually very similar to an arc from this anime called Sword Art Online. Basically, one chick was catatonic and the only life she really lived at all was when she was plugged into the virtual world. When she died she died, so her crossing over wasn't an issue, but her entire existence was the virtual world. Outside of it, she was basically a vegetable.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    One of the main reasons I love this show as much as I do is because there's never any happy endings, I hope they never change that ? .
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    But is going on in a machine like that even a real existence? What does it say about our own existence and experience if it can all be broken down into something digital.

It just created too many questions for me. Even the song at the end "Heaven is a place on earth" was ? up to me but perfectly fitting.

What is stopping what you think is your reality being merely a simulation itself? Even if she continues living within San Junipero the fact is she/they still exist.

Cogito ergo sum - I think, therefore I am.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Let's be real, there are a lot of people claiming to be religious and have faith in the afterlife now, but how many of them would stand on that faith and die over being put in something like San Junipero if they had the chance.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    What if it's just a digital representation of your consciousness and not really you in San Junipero?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    That's possible. The real you would be dead, so the chick did go to be with her husband and daughter and you got your happy ending.