The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

giphy.gif

jimmy been sounding happy as hell with his new teammates

amazing what a couple of trades and and free agent signings have done for him

his happiness is spilling out in his basketball as well

hes playing like a flat out superstar at the moment

thinking back to where jimmy was in 2013 and now knowing hes an elite scorer now

its beyond stupid and unthinkable

Jimmy averaging 26 ppg(16 fga's) shooting 49% fg and 42% from 3's what makes it more impressive is he plays wit one of the worst pg's in the nba who gets that noah 5 on 4 treatment which further clutters the space but he eats at the ft line bullying cats when he drives.

George Hill would be a good look, perfect 3 & D pg who can ? ,defend,stays in his lane and can spot up and knock down 3's.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man AD be cooking Draymong
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Speak on it Tommy unless you going say Kawhi, then foh

Kahwi,Tony allen,avery bradley better defenders than green imo

I like Green for his range

Kawhi better at stopping 2,3s but he can't guard a 4,5

TA old but I like Bradley a lot, he played great defense on KD the other night and he still was toast every possession because of the size

On a given night, Green can check anybody from 1-5 depending on the matchup and he play defense with his head

Defense is mostly effort but there's a mental aspect of just knowing where to be and anticipating that Draymond excels at
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

giphy.gif

jimmy been sounding happy as hell with his new teammates

amazing what a couple of trades and and free agent signings have done for him

his happiness is spilling out in his basketball as well

hes playing like a flat out superstar at the moment

thinking back to where jimmy was in 2013 and now knowing hes an elite scorer now

its beyond stupid and unthinkable

Jimmy averaging 26 ppg(16 fga's) shooting 49% fg and 42% from 3's what makes it more impressive is he plays wit one of the worst pg's in the nba who gets that noah 5 on 4 treatment which further clutters the space but he eats at the ft line bullying cats when he drives.

George Hill would be a good look, perfect 3 & D pg who can ? ,defend,stays in his lane and can spot up and knock down 3's.

jimmy has probably half a decade of prime performance left (maybe a little less given his play style) and its becoming clear that yes -- you can build a contender around him -- still hoping for a nice playoff run but this year is all about finding out what guys are gonna be around to supplement jimmy moving forward and what guys arent

hill would be great but his stock is going up with how well hes playing and just how much indiana is missing him

good thing is pretty much anyone would be a better fit than rondo
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The past, Present, and Future of the nuggets

When Connelly took over for Masai Ujiri after the latter relocated to Toronto, Connelly began with a roster largely consisting of the fallout from the Carmelo Anthony trade. Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov (a restricted free agent), key pieces in the Anthony deal, paired with Ty Lawson to create the core of the new regime’s roster. Andre Iguodala, the team’s best player at the time, was an unrestricted free agent. Connelly capitalized on Iguodala potentially leaving without any returning compensation by dealing him via sign-and-trade to the Golden State Warriors. In that deal Denver received Randy Foye via sign-and-trade, a future second round pick from the Warriors and a trade exception. After locking up Mozgov to an affordable deal and signing J.J. Hickson, a player the Cleveland Cavaliers once notably refused to part with to acquire Amar’e Stoudemire in his pseudo-prime, the Nuggets moved forward.

After sustaining a 36-46 season, 11th in the Western Conference and right in the dreaded middle of the league, the Nuggets landed in the 11th spot in the lottery. Connelly astutely drafted Doug McDermott as part of a draft day deal with the Chicago Bulls, trading back to acquire two picks from Chicago: another European big man Jusuf Nurkic and Michigan State wing Gary Harris, a deal that looks tremendous in hindsight. The Nuggets also selected perhaps their greatest pick to date, European standout big man Nikola Jokic at No. 41. After dealing Evan Fournier and the draft rights to 56th pick Devyn Marble, the Nuggets again pressed on into the season, this time without any significant offseason changes.

Read more Here! http://fansided.com/2016/11/28/denver-nuggets-jokic-future-draft/?utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=si.com&xid=socialflow_twitter_si
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Speak on it Tommy unless you going say Kawhi, then foh

Kahwi,Tony allen,avery bradley better defenders than green imo

I like Green for his range

Kawhi better at stopping 2,3s but he can't guard a 4,5

TA old but I like Bradley a lot, he played great defense on KD the other night and he still was toast every possession because of the size

On a given night, Green can check anybody from 1-5 depending on the matchup and he play defense with his head

Defense is mostly effort but there's a mental aspect of just knowing where to be and anticipating that Draymond excels at

No he CANNOT don't do this green cannot guard 5's I remember greg monroe bustin his ass on the blocks last year

He can't guard cousins,drummond,ad or any skilled/physical big.He's a good help defender who can switch he can't guard no pg's man FOH

edit I missed the 'depending on the matchup' part whatever
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Russ might actually average a triple double he just gotta maintain that rebound average.I saw yesterday he was outta bounds jumped in bounds and muscled the rock from 3 knicks.18 rebounds for a pg is crazy
  • Beta
    Options
    Russ might actually average a triple double he just gotta maintain that rebound average.I saw yesterday he was outta bounds jumped in bounds and muscled the rock from 3 knicks.18 rebounds for a pg is crazy

Hall of famer
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kyrie nasty with the handles man
  • NoCanadiansEH
    edited November 2016
    Options
    7,14,13,16,13 in 5 out the last 6 games wiggins puttin up taj gibson point totals.Don't just post the highlights you selective dickriders

#averageandrew

Give that boa lavine more shots or get him outta there

might as well call me out.

everytime i think wiggins is maybe turning the corner he take two steps back with a string of bs games smh
    ucDynIqrf7ADC.gif

just want dude to be great
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He'll get there eventually
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Utah making everything they throw up so far
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NoCanadiansEH
    edited November 2016
    Options
    dawgg bucks blowing out the cavs lmao
  • NoCanadiansEH
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

LeGM wont like this when they replay the game tape jr better wise up
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kilpatrick got the team on his back right now
  • NoCanadiansEH
    Options
    harden chucking lmao
  • Beta
    Options
    Why is the corpse of paul pierce out there??
  • NoCanadiansEH
    Options
    giannis got 31 yoo bucks turnt af right now
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Defense was trash in the first half but it couldve been a lot worse with the Jazz shooting 60% from three. Need Harden to wake up if we going to make a run and get back in the game
  • NoCanadiansEH
    Options
    bron ? to the refs still smh
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best we've looked all year. When Elfrid is locked in we can play with anyone.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at JR Smith
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At work, so I'm missing the game, but not surprised by the score. Bucks always play us tough.