The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Embiid is holding his own vs Cousins. Wish we could come home with Collison on the team plane. I love when my squad plays on west coast time. Doesn't feel like an afternoon game to me like all their other games.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Embiid is holding his own vs Cousins. Wish we could come home with Collison on the team plane. I love when my squad plays on west coast time. Doesn't feel like an afternoon game to me like all their other games.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody love that ?
  • O.G.
    Options

didn't een get techs for that. shocking.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18354080/nba-says-two-mistakes-were-made-cleveland-cavaliers-favor-final-2-minutes-win-golden-state-warriors
    NBA: Durant was fouled, LeBron deserved tech

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Cleveland Cavaliers benefited from two missed calls in the last two minutes of their stirring 109-108 come-from-behind victory over the Golden State Warriors on Christmas Day, the NBA announced Monday.

According to the league, Richard Jefferson should have been called for a foul with 3.1 seconds left for making "foot contact" with the Warriors' Kevin Durant, which was determined to have affected Durant's SQBR (speed, quickness, balance, rhythm) on the play.

"There's a lot of fouls throughout the course of the game that don't get called," Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said before the Cavs played the Detroit Pistons on Monday when asked for comment on the league's determination. "It's a tough game to officiate -- the players we have, the way guys can draw fouls and contact. And so that was an incidental play at the end of the game.

"You don't want the game decided on two free throws at the end of the game. I didn't see (the foul). There wasn't much contact to me. But to me, you come back and say that you made a mistake in the last two minutes of the game, I mean, that's on them."

The game ended with Durant missing a 34-foot 3-point attempt from the floor as time expired.

"I fell," Durant said. "And I didn't fall on my own."

Durant later told The Undefeated that: "I would've made that shot if he didn't trip me up...But they ain't calling it on him at their crib.
    It's not his fault. It's not the refs fault, either."

Jefferson proclaimed his innocence.

"We all think we're fouled on every play in every single game," Jefferson said. "That's why I say I know the referees have a very hard job. I switched to his body. It looked like he lost his balance. He was trying to regain his balance, and as soon as I saw him start to stumble, I ran off. I ran off so it wouldn't look like I was trying to pressure him more, so he didn't trip on my foot and it looked like I bumped him -- nothing.

"It's one of those things; plays can go either way. ... When you get down to these two quality teams, each play back and forth, everything can be dissected. It's just one of those things that went in our favor at the last play."

The league also determined that LeBron James' dunk with 1:43 remaining, which put the Cavs up 105-103 and gave them their first lead since the first quarter, should have resulted in a technical foul for "deliberately hanging on the rim" after the dunk was completed.

James admitted after the game he had extra motivation to finish the dunk over Draymond Green because Green fouled him and sent him sprawling to the floor in a similar circumstance in Game 7 of the NBA Finals in June.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George Karl just don't give a ?
  • O.G.
    Options
  • O.G.
    Options
    WTF Ghostface?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warriors should trade for Tyson chandler

Trade who for chandler?

Iggy relevant?

Trade the player they need to guard lebron?!?

qMlT5el_zpsxntks81g.gif

smarten up dun

@Tommy bilfiger you a idiot lol

tumblr_m5h4lrDwAZ1r3zat8_zps7pcgckqf.gif
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good blowout for the home crowd, obviously we're still improving but it's finally good to see us be able to hold a leads and beat teams we should be beating.....Last year no lead was safe and every game we won would come down to the wire. The next step is fixing our late game execution, majority of our losses have come in close games that we had a chance to win but in the last five minutes we have too many costly mistake and stop moving the ball.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at the Sam's gif
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Embiid should be an all-star this year
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »

Let's not get carried away here
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George Karl really trying to sell books. The guy is burning the hell outta bridges with the NBA. For him to put that PED talk in the air without any proof is very irresponsible.

We all are not stupid enough to think some people aren't doing stuff but this guy was an NBA lifer and you would think he would be a bit more respectful to the league that helped make him a millionaire and give his garbage ass son a shot to make a lot of money also.

I wonder how the media will respond to this recently released excerpt and especially the players.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George Karl really trying to sell books. The guy is burning the hell outta bridges with the NBA. For him to put that PED talk in the air without any proof is very irresponsible.

We all are not stupid enough to think some people aren't doing stuff but this guy was an NBA lifer and you would think he would be a bit more respectful to the league that helped make him a millionaire and give his garbage ass son a shot to make a lot of money also.

I wonder how the media will respond to this recently released excerpt and especially the players.

He's just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks smh
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    As Sporting News has learned from people who were involved in the negotiations for the new collective bargaining agreement — which was ratified Friday — the players from here forward will be able to weigh in on game referees in monthly reviews, for the first time ever by name. They’ll have more input in how the game is played, with a greater voice on the league’s powerful competition committee. They’ll get more say in the on-court work rules that Stern never allowed and govern such wide and diverse things as flopping rules and the dress code

Additionally, the players for the first time will have a hotline to call in to critique the work of refs in their games. They’ll be able to report not just on where they think the official botched a call, but also if they found a ref to be out of line, verbally, with how they handled blow-ups. Basically, they can complain like never before. The hotline is a response to the league allowing the new monthly reviews so that players can report something they thought was handled incorrectly while it’s still fresh in their minds.

ehhhhh....

yes nigs...im working my way through the thread now getting caught up

but this is a bad idea
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Nah Son wrote: »

Let's not get carried away here

I'm biased as hell but you wont find many better big men in the east

18,7 pts 7,4 rb 2,4 blk and 40 percent threes. Its not only the numbers he can dominate on both ends of the floor

But I know as a rookie he probably wont get in. ? it he got time
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"technical foul"

"for what?"

"excessive gayness"
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where are the ? hating on Buddy?

Dude has been balling this month.

WHY YA'LL GETTING QUIET NOW??