The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the grizz shoulda let conley walk last summer(he shoulda went to the spurs tailor made for that team).At the same time I understand everybody isnt gonna rebuild.Winning games,selling merch/tickets,making the playoffs winning a round or 2 is better for some franchises than sucking for 4-6 years.

There's several current 'contenders' who won't win a title(raptors,rockets,hawks etc). Won't ever come close either

Lol at all this coming from a bulls fan. Michael Jordan an nem ain't walking through that door.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i been critical of the bulls this year but as a fan when the playoffs start i'll be cheering hard for the bulls as usual

im not a fan of the direction but the playoffs is the playoffs

i aint rooting for no Ls

part of me is intrigued to see how hoiberg coaches in the playoffs -- its a different thing -- the rotation cant change every game -- everything is scouted out in a playoff series -- celtics staff is top notch -- going iso for 7 games with jimmy/wade wont be ideal -- hoiberg has never really had to make game to game adjustments -- this is definitely new territory i'll be paying attention to (although im pretty sure he will suck at this too)
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Randolph 35 years old
    Gasol 32 years old
    Conley 29 years old
    Allen 35 years old
    Carter 40 years old
    Wright 29 years old
    Parsons 28 years old and brandon roy status

Thats half the team

I mean yeah you can let randolph and allen go but if you do that, "Grit and grind" is dead and will now have to play catch up with the rest of the league as far as play style
  • ckfree
    Options
    i need two see red shirts for this series

one to tie around my head like juelz santana

the other to twirl whenever christiano felicio scores
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the grizz shoulda let conley walk last summer(he shoulda went to the spurs tailor made for that team).At the same time I understand everybody isnt gonna rebuild.Winning games,selling merch/tickets,making the playoffs winning a round or 2 is better for some franchises than sucking for 4-6 years.

There's several current 'contenders' who won't win a title(raptors,rockets,hawks etc). Won't ever come close either

Lol at all this coming from a bulls fan. Michael Jordan an nem ain't walking through that door.

Raptors never even been to a finals and will never go

And they about to be memphis east once they re-sign lowry injury prone chubby playoff production drops a cliff flopping ass.

They Perennial pretenders sorry
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Marc Gasol: Stats are killing basketball

Marc Gasol: "Stats are killing basketball. This is a very subjective game, a lot of things happen that you can't measure with stats. Very different details matter. The way I see basketball, the most important things don't show up in statistics."

http://hoopshype.com/social/item/11acc284-618d-4825-9c3b-a58c4d81fb48/

The irony of Freeman cosigning this, the same idiot who thought Sullinger was better than Horford because of his per 36 rebounds per game

Show me where I said Sullinger is better than horford pussyhole. I said he was a better rebounder and you gave that up without replacing it for a difference of $21 Mil. Celtics should have kept the money instead of trying to bait KD with a ? ? .

You stupid ? , for one Durant wanted Horford in OKC as well as 10 other teams who were willing to spend the same amount to get him, two we HAD to spend that money anyway so who should we have spent it on? Sullinger who Horford completely annihilated in the playoffs? Stop ? posting bro those contract jokes were funny when teams would reach and overpay for a player only putting themselves in cap hell for 5 years with nothing to show for it, we literally had to spend the money anyway so why wouldn't we spend it on a guy who...well is a big reason we're on top of the east right now

Yea we really ? that up...
  • KingFreeman
    Options

Raptors never even been to a finals and will never go

And they about to be memphis east once they re-sign lowry injury prone chubby playoff production drops a cliff flopping ass.

They Perennial pretenders sorry

We'll find out soon enough.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i been critical of the bulls this year but as a fan when the playoffs start i'll be cheering hard for the bulls as usual

i aint rooting for no Ls

part of me is intrigued to see how hoiberg coaches in the playoffs -- its a different thing -- the rotation cant change every game -- everything is scouted out in a playoff series -- celtics staff is top notch -- going iso for 7 games with jimmy/wade wont be ideal -- hoiberg has never really had to make game to game adjustments -- this is definitely new territory i'll be paying attention to (although im pretty sure he will suck at this too)

I said C's in 7 but I think the bulls have a punchers chance.

They have a chance cuz : Jimmy the best player in the series,bulls defense has been elite since asb,their 3 point shooting has been top 7,offensive rebounding/2nd chance points.

They'll lose cuz: Hoiberg,hoibergs ? rotations,the bulls role players mad inconsistent and barely have nba experience let alone playoff experience,boston has better bench,more experience,better coaching,home court.

Wade claims he been cruising all season and ready to play now smdh
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    And boston gotta beat the tnt bulls game 4 at home on tnt :o
  • ckfree
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

i aint rooting for no Ls

I said C's in 7 but I think the bulls have a punchers chance.

They have a chance cuz : Jimmy the best player in the series,bulls defense has been elite since asb,their 3 point shooting has been top 7,offensive rebounding/2nd chance points.

They'll lose cuz: Hoiberg,hoibergs ? rotations,the bulls role players mad inconsistent and barely have nba experience let alone playoff experience,boston has better bench,more experience,better coaching,home court.

Wade claims he been cruising all season and ready to play now smdh

i got celtics in 6

celtics are hot

well organized, deep and i think thomas will have something to proof after how his last playoffs went vs the hawks

he will be guarded closely even double teamed but he has become a quality playmaker -- he could have a field day facing a team with little to no identity right now -- either scoring or passing -- bulls will win at least one maybe even two games but thats probably all they have going for them
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Doubling/trapping i.t. wouldn't be smart imo that would get exposed.Throw grant/mcw on him and make him work hard for his points and try not to foul.On screens/switches try to force him into help defense

Heard jimmy might be guarding him in the 4th which is why wade needs to be effective .
  • ckfree
    Options
    niko my x factor

the offensive rebounding edge is much less pronounced since taj was traded at the deadline -- the bulls do rank as the 4th best team in orb% but thats largely because of their dominance on the offensive glass in the 1st half of the season -- since the deal they have ranked 18th in orb% whereas the celtics ranked 21st -- so while its still better than boston its not by much

the 3 games with taj they feasted on offensive rebounds which kept the games very close

the last game they played without taj they got murdered on the offensive glass and were blown out

it was also the game niko was made inactive i believe

bulls were pretty much below league average from 3 in february and march and were really good in april

bulls have obviously improved at that as the season progressed and seemingly are peaking at the right time

niko in particular since that boston game has been shooting 43.5% from 3

so its all on him lol
  • ckfree
    Options
    nba and nhl playoffs

mlb season starting

nfl draft

this is the best time of the year for me
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pacers don't have the power to compete with Cleveland...but it'll be interesting to see George go off
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Sixers should draft that kid monk.He reminds me of ben gordon catch n shoot,move without the rock,instant offense.I saw a couple games in the tourney and he was killin.I think he'd be a good look wit simmons runnin pg.

If they don't go guard, i wouldn't be mad if they took Tatum from Duke or Isaac from Florida State. If they do go guard Monk would most def be a good look. That kid gets buckets. That Lakers pick is huge. If Philly lands 2 picks in the top 8...

QONVIyz.gif

Tatum is at the top of my wishlist but doubt he's still on the board if we end up picking 5-7. We need a go to scorer on the wing. Him and AG would mesh really well

Monk is a perfect fit for y'all tho. Simmons is running the point next year and you need a shooter that can operate off of the ball and that's exactly what Monk is. It makes too much sense not to happen. My only concern with Monk is his lack of length and strength. He's also a little hesitant attacking the rim.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Amazing the whole year team defense was trash Because you made them play defense against a offense nobody strictly runs and it never got addressed you kept bumass Kurt rambis and didn't let Jeff do what you hired him to do smfh
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I better see jersey picked for All NBA
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Phil took all that trade clause leverage and threw it out the ? window. ? .
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weekend announce teams for the playoffs

Saturday, April 15
    G1: Indiana at Cleveland (ABC 3 pm) Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson & Lisa Salters
    G1: Milwaukee at Toronto (ESPN 5:30 pm) Ryan Ruocco, Doris Burke & Cassidy Hubbarth
    G1: Memphis at San Antonio (ESPN 8 pm) Mark Jones, Hubie Brown & Israel Gutierrez
    G1: Utah at LA Clippers (ESPN 10:30 pm) Dave Pasch, Doug Collins & J.A. Adande

Sunday, April 16
    G1: Atlanta at Washington (TNT 1 pm) Ian Eagle, Greg Anthony, Allie LaForce
    G1: Portland at Golden State (ABC 3:30 pm) Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson & Lisa Salters
    G1: Chicago at Boston (TNT 6:30 pm) Brian Anderson, Kevin McHale & Dennis Scott
    G1: Oklahoma City at Houston (TNT 9 pm) Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller & David Aldridge