Females: Has "Disrespect of Women" Kept U From Listening 2 Sum Rap?

Options
DarcSkies777
DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Powder Room
HAs there been a time where you boycotted a rap artist or heard a song with ? and hoes in it or something or a song about a man "slapping these hoes" or "? one chick kicking her out...blah blah blah" and it made you say "OK I'm not listening to that guy ever again."

Are you turned off to rap in general or do you take the "HE AINT TALKING TO ME" approach?

Comments

• marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i'm turned off to a lot of it as of late (the past 3 years or so) it's just a part of maturing I guess because I loved it growing up. It was just as blatant back then..I took more of that "he isn't talking about me" approach.
    I talked about this with a friend recently who went to a too short show (lmao) she looved him growing up but she said it felt really uncomfortable being in the crowd for some reason.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Meh only the real outrageous ?

I approach it the same way I approach tv shows and movies, I understand it's supposed to be entertaining, but I can't deal with the over the top nonsense
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Meh only the real outrageous ?

I approach it the same way I approach tv shows and movies, I understand it's supposed to be entertaining, but I can't deal with the over the top nonsense

Yep^

It's like watching reality shows. Take it all in fun, but know where to draw the line so it doesn't blur with the real world.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Smack her with a ? .. Smack her with a ? .. Smack her with a ? .. Smack her with a ?
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Suck my ? while i ? that ass ? .
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yea it has. I don't listen to half the ? now because im more aware of the impact it has on younger females. Im gettin old yo.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What impact does it have exactly?