Killer Pig who shot Samuel DuBose faces murder trial as city braces for protests...

Options
13»

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    You ? are going to be extremely mad when Dylan roof gets off just like this

That's an idiotic example

How so? If he doesn't plead guilty it will either be an acquittal or a hung jury

How so? If he doesn't plead guilty it will either be an acquittal or a hung jury

1.not a cop
    2. Wrote a manifesto about doing I think
    3. So what would he get off of the black people brung him to the church ? themselves and framed him?
    4. Is he even looking to get off?
    5. He's not a cop
    6. He shot up black people in a church
    7. He's not a cop
    8. He's not rich
    9. He's white trash
    10. He's not a cop
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1.not a cop
    3. So what would he get off of the black people brung him to the church ? themselves and framed him?
    5. He's not a cop
    7. He's not a cop
    8. He's not rich
    9. He's white trash
    10. He's not a cop

So what. I bet he won't get the death penalty
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1.not a cop
    5. He's not a cop
    7. He's not a cop
    8. He's not rich
    9. He's white trash
    10. He's not a cop

You dumb ? really underestimate howmuch white people hate your black ass, it only takes one person on a jury to cause a hung jury. He's a martyr to whitepeople
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Naw bruh... That was clearly premeditated murder. Dylan ain't gettin off.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Once again you're underestimating how much white people hate your black ass. They probably make up most of the jury and it only takes one
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Once again you're underestimating how much white people hate your black ass. They probably make up most of the jury and it only takes one

I'm not underestimating a damn thing, we both know them hoes hate us. The difference between the two instances is one was a cop, so of course the DA and the govmt is gonna try their best to back him. Yea, they were sneaky with how they set up the jury pool but regardless he's gonna have to get retried anyway.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not underestimating a damn thing, we both know them hoes hate us. The difference between the two instances is one was a cop, so of course the DA and the govmt is gonna try their best to back him. Yea, they were sneaky with how they set up the jury pool but regardless he's gonna have to get retried anyway.

No he don't. That is up to the state attorney and if they feel their chances to get an actual conviction are to low compared to the money spent on the trial they just lost and the cost of a new trial. They just might decide its not worth it and not charge Tensing again and let the ? go.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    If dlyan roof gets off you're gona see mass shootings spike In the name of temporary insanity that's not good for anyone
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If dlyan roof gets off you're gona see mass shootings spike In the name of temporary insanity that's not good for anyone

I don't see Roof walking either but I 'm not putting it pass this system.

I'm inclined to believe that Michael Slager could walk.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way in hell dylan roof gets off but if he did, ? , all this peaceful protesting would go out the window and i think wed have the la riots part 2
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    No way in hell dylan roof gets off but if he did, ? , all this peaceful protesting would go out the window and i think wed have the la riots part 2

LA riots, ny riots, Mississippi riots, new Orleans riots, etc
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

LA riots, ny riots, Mississippi riots, new Orleans riots, etc

Yup
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I don't see Roof walking either but I 'm not putting it pass this system.

I'm inclined to believe that Michael Slager could walk.

My city better brace itself if this happens...cuz it could
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/letters/2016/11/14/deaths-dont-happen-when-people-comply/93842512/
    Deaths don’t happen when people comply

What was Sam DuBose’s responsibility in the incident that cost him his life? If he would have obeyed Officer Ray Tensing, he would have probably been arrested for drugs, but would be alive. His poor judgment caused two families’ lives to be destroyed. As a retired police officer, we have a second to decide decisions that may cost us are lives. If people comply, deaths don’t happen. I feel sorry for the DuBose family and their loss, but Ray Tensing’s life will never be the same.

Tami Skelly, Delhi Township

Smh...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh. convict that ? of 1st degree murder
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That cac gone walk.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ohio-prosecutor-plans-discuss-police-shooting-case-43701277
    Ohio Prosecutor Plans to Discuss Police Shooting Case

An Ohio prosecutor plans to discuss the case of a white former University of Cincinnati police officer whose trial in the fatal shooting of a black motorist ended in a hung jury on murder and voluntary manslaughter counts.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters (DEE'-turs) could say in Tuesday morning's news conference whether he will seek to try Ray Tensing again on the same charges, or pursue another strategy in the July 2015 shooting of Sam DuBose.

A judge declared a mistrial Nov. 12 when jurors said they couldn't reach a verdict after deliberating some 25 hours.

Tensing's attorney, Stewart Mathews, has asked the judge to acquit Tensing. He said Monday he expects Deters to retry Tensing on the same charges, based on the prosecutor's public comments.
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.tbo.com/ap/national/the-latest-ohio-police-union-leader-criticizes-retry-move-ap_national5b3502b04f244c17a8462c5765e9b9a1
    Ohio police union leader criticizes retry move

A state police union leader is criticizing a prosecutor's decision to retry a former University of Cincinnati officer he says had to make a split-second, "life-or-death judgment call."

Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio president Jay McDonald adds in a statement that the murder case against Ray Tensing could be a "dangerous precedent" that might cause other officers to hesitate in a critical moment.

McDonald says the case is especially meaningful at a time when police officers around the country are being targeted and assassinated.

Hamilton County prosecutor Joe Deters announced Tuesday he will retry Tensing on murder and voluntary manslaughter charges in the 2015 shooting death of black motorist Sam DuBose during a traffic stop. A mistrial was declared Nov. 12 after jurors couldn't reach a verdict.

giphy.gif
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? them pigs but that cac is gonna walk. ? ass cracka shoots a brother in the head for no appearant reason while wearing a confederate flag t shirt and its all caught on tape. If that's not enough to get a conviction nothing is.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.wlwt.com/article/redacted-juror-questionnaires-in-ray-tensing-trial-released/8377029
    Tensing jury questionnaires provide new insight

Redacted questionnaires released publicly after legal wrangling

CINCINNATI —
    The juror questionnaires in the Ray Tensing trial were released Tuesday evening.

Hamilton County Judge Megan Shanahan ruled Monday that the questionnaires be released. The lengthy documents were used by attorneys on both sides before the trial began in early November.

WLWT has known for weeks the 194 questions potential jurors were asked. But Tuesday, new insights emerged into how the six men and six women on the jury, as well as the four alternates, answered those questions.

The 194 questions in the 25-page questionnaires cover a variety of topics.

For example, the six men and six women who served as jurors plus four alternates were asked if they knew about activist groups such as Black Lives Matter.

Five jurors and/or alternates said no. The rest said they were aware of such groups.

Only one person who filled out the questionnaires confirmed taking part in a rally supporting a police officer who was involved in an officer-involved shooting.

When asked if the U.S. criminal justice system is fair, most jurors and alternates said yes, but there was a split between two African American women who served as jurors.

One of the women said, 'Yes,' when asked if the system is fair. The second woman said 'No.'

Before, during and after the Tensing trial, there was anxiety among different groups of people about protests and whether or not there would be violence.

The answers on the 16 questionnaires show most jurors and alternates were more worried about the potential for civil unrest than they were about their own personal safety.

The questionnaire became a huge issue during the first trial. Some jurors feared their identities would be revealed if the questionnaires were released. Shanahan noted that the internet and social media makes it easier for jurors to be found and that other cities have rioted after similar cases.

But after a lot of legal wrangling, Shanahan ordered the juror’s identities be blacked out and released the forms.

A mistrial was declared Nov. 12 after a jury could not reach a verdict in the trial of the former University of Cincinnati officer charged with murder and voluntary manslaughter for the shooting of an unarmed motorist during a traffic stop.

Prosecutor Joe Deters has said he plans to retry Tensing on the same charges in the July 2015 shooting of Sam DuBose.

On Monday, Shanahan recused herself from the second trial. On Tuesday, the next two judges named -- Judge Tom Heekin and Judge Beth Myers -- did the same.

Judge Leslie Ghiz has now been assigned the case.
  • stringer bell
    edited November 2016
    Options
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/ray-tensing-trial-jury-questionnaires-give-clues-to-what-jurors-were-thinking-before-murder-trial
    Ray Tensing trial: Jury questionnaires give clues to what jurors were thinking before murder trial

Question 84: What are your feelings about groups like Black Lives Matter?

This was not a yes-or-no, for-or-against question, but it got a generally favorable response from eight jurors, a negative response from four and no opinion or no answer from four.

Comments from jurors included these:

Wrong approach to make change.

They have the right to express themselves.

I believe all lives matter regardless of your race.

Generally positive.

I understand they have strong feelings about the shootings but I feel they need to understand if victims weren't in the wrong to begin with there wouldn't be many shootings.

Unsure. I am aware of the group but I am not educated on the purpose of the group.

Participants in all social activism groups like Black Lives Matter have a constitutional right to protest.

Groups like BLM are important because they raise awareness of an issue previously not widely known. It is up to the public to critically review the media's reporting of the BLM movement.

Question 113: There has been a lot of discussion about the number of unarmed African-Americans shot by police officers. Do you feel there are problems in this area, and what do you think are the causes of these problems?

Judging from what they wrote, the jurors had little knowledge or opinion - or didn't want to go on the record. The responses included:

Resisting arrest. Police not properly trained to deal with high stress situations.

There seems to be.

I believe there are problems in this area. I believe there is a lack of respect on both sides and that causes problems for both parties.

Yes, poverty.

I do feel it's becoming a problem. My boys were taught to respect and do whatever the officer says. You can have your thoughts but keep them to yourself.

Yes, the causes of the problems are unique to each case.

I do believe it's a problem. The cause is two-fold: 1) a community that is taught (often) to distrust the police based on past experiences (personal or publicized) which can lead [continues on back of page]

Maybe. I don't have information to be sure. There does seem to be a lot.

Question 114: Do you believe that police officers target African–Americans and other minorities for arrests and ticketing?

Answers: No 12, Yes 2, Don't Know 2.

Question 115: Do you believe that the criminal justice system in America is fair?

Answers: Yes 14, No 2 (the no votes came from one black juror and one white juror).

Question 122. Is there any racial or ethnic group that you do not feel comfortable being around?

Answers: Yes 0, No 16.

Question 126. "Some races and/or ethnic groups tend to be more violent than others."

Answers: Agree 4, Strongly Agree 1, Disagree 4, Strongly Disagree 2, No Opinion 3.

Responses included:

I don't believe violence has classifications. One isn't more violent b/c of their color or religion.

Yes, worked with a contractor who used racial terms.

Agree - in our news here in Cinn [sic] the news media jumps on any black violence and I feel makes the situation worse.

Strongly disagree – every race has bad and violent people.

Question 161: Are you concerned that an acquittal in this case could lead to civil unrest and/or riots?

Answers: Yes 7, No 7, Both 1, Maybe 1

Smh.. Turns out this jury only had one real black person on it.. And one big coonette...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/11/30/tensing-jury-questionnaires-hints-prejudice/94648838/
    In Tensing jury questionnaires, hints of prejudice?

Juror questionnaires released Tuesday from the Ray Tensing murder trial led some legal experts and black leaders to question whether the jury selection process effectively tilted the result toward a group of people more inclined to support cops and be suspicious of minorities.

White, college-educated suburbanites predominantly served on the jury, a review of the questionnaires shows. That is exactly what the black community was concerned about – a lack of diversity in a case where many saw race as a factor.

“How does this happen?” asked Bishop Bobby Hilton, when hearing answers from some jurors about the Black Lives Matter group that has protested police killings of black men and about whether they have had a frightening experience with a person of another race.

“It’s supposed to be a random, blind selection,” said Hilton, president of the local chapter of the civil rights group the National Action Network. He attended most of the trial in person and counseled the family of shooting victim Sam DuBose.

The jury, made up of six white men, four white women and two black women, failed to reach a verdict three weeks ago.

Local defense attorneys Mark Krumbein and Donyetta Bailey analyzed the jury questionnaires Tuesday evening with a team of Enquirer reporters. Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Megan Shanahan released redacted versions Tuesday, 2½ weeks after the case ended in a mistrial.

Among the findings:
    • It was apparent that more jurors favored the defense. The answers of at least seven suggested they leaned toward siding with the defense. Only three leaned toward the prosecution. “Perhaps the writing was on the wall after jury selection,” Krumbein said.
    • One of the two black jurors shared sentiments potentially favoring the defense, writing, “Drug dealers need to think about their effect on society and drugs are part of the root of crime.” She also spoke highly of police officers, seeing them as positive mentors to children. DuBose had more than half a pound of marijuana and about $2,600 in the car.
    • One of the male jurors has an uncle who was a Cincinnati police officer. The man also is friends with a police officer. “They are the good guys and should be given the benefit of the doubt,” he wrote about police.

Bailey, president of the Black Lawyer’s Association of Cincinnati, watched the entire trial either in person or via a livestream. After reviewing the answers on the questionnaires, she understands why it ended in a hung jury.

Bailey said there were immediate red flags regarding the answers several jurors gave. She focused on Question No. 126, which asked jurors if they agreed with the statement: “Some races and/or ethnic groups tend to be more violent than others.”

Four jurors agreed with that statement. One checked “strongly agree.”

“I don’t understand how they were able to sit on the jury and why they weren’t removed for cause,” Bailey said. “To me, it’s an automatic challenge for cause. It shows racial prejudice.”

Views on Black Lives Matter

Tensing stood trial earlier this month on charges of murder and voluntary manslaughter in the death of DuBose, who was pulled over for a missing front license plate on July 19, 2015, and was shot dead mere minutes later.

More than 200 potential jurors were summoned to service and asked to fill out a 25-page questionnaire. Forty-five were subsequently questioned by attorneys before the jury was chosen.

Names, ages, addresses and specific information about jobs were blacked out in the questionnaires released Tuesday. In addition to the 12 jurors who heard the case, questionnaires from four alternate jurors – all white women, including one who left the jury fearing she would be identified – also were included. That made it impossible to pinpoint exactly which white female jurors deliberated in the case.

Six questions for prospective jurors centered on what they thought about the group, Black Lives Matter, which emerged following a police officer's fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, two years ago. Another six questions looked at whether jurors had preconceived notions about police-involved shootings of unarmed black men.

Question No. 84 asked directly for prospective jurors’ opinion of Black Lives Matter.

A white woman wrote, “If victims weren’t wrong to begin with there wouldn’t be so many shootings.”

A white male juror wrote that groups “like Black Lives Matter are important because they raise awareness of an issue previously not widely known.”

Another question asked if prospective jurors had ever had a “frightening experience” with a person of another race and, if so, to explain.

A white male juror wrote, “I was mugged by a group of African-Americans when I was a high school senior” and “punched in the mouth.”

Other jurors wrote, “No,” to the question.

“These are really concerning because they imply that these incidents can have lasting effects,” Hilton said of the questions posed to the potential jurors. “When I saw these questions in the beginning, the questions seemed biased, and that they were trying to eliminate any semblance of an inclusive jury.”

Jurors favored body camera technology

Central to the case was the fact that Tensing’s body camera recorded the shooting. Jurors saw a frame-by-frame video analysis and experts for both sides explain what the video showed.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters has said without the video, Tensing would not have been charged.

The questionnaires, with two questions about body cameras, were designed to get a sense of what jurors thought about the technology that records what an officer is seeing. Overall, the jurors supported their use.

One white woman wrote that body cameras are “almost like the public’s eyes.”

Another white woman wrote that recordings “will answer a lot of questions about an incident. Maybe not all, but a lot of them."

Fear only a factor during the trial, not before

The questionnaires specifically asked jurors if they were worried about how the public would react to a guilty verdict or not guilty on all charges and whether they were concerned about personal safety.

Five jurors responded they were worried about reaction to the verdict; three said they were concerned about personal safety.

The white male juror who was related to a Cincinnati officer said, “I have a family and there are a lot of crazy people in the world, so I guess I would be concerned that … someone could do something to a juror after the trial.”

SMDH.. The fight was fixed...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    Another white male juror said he did not like controversy or anger. “I realize people have strong convictions and there will be angry people no matter what the outcome,” he wrote.

It was during the trial when fear would emerge. After being told the media had requested the questionnaires – but not that no media intended to name jurors – jurors became concerned on Friday, Nov. 4. Shanahan’s bailiff wrote in an affidavit seven to eight jurors were in fear for their safety. And an alternate juror with a specific public job was excused after expressing concern that she could be identified because of her occupation.

The Enquirer relented on seeking the questionnaires at that time, but fought for the records following the conclusion of the case, arguing the public has a right to know because the First Amendment requires the questionnaires to be publicly available.

“Public review ensures that jury selection system proceeds with integrity and fairness,” said The Enquirer’s attorney, Jack Greiner, in a hearing Monday. At that hearing, Judge Shanahan agreed to release redacted documents on Tuesday.

Jurors deliberated for 25 hours but failed to come to a unanimous decision on charges of murder and voluntary manslaughter. Deters has said three or four jurors would have voted to convict on the murder charge, but without others they modified their vote to convict on the manslaughter charge.

More jurors agreed with that charge, the final vote being 8-4 to convict, Deters said.

The case will be re-tried next year.