DJ Clark Kent "For every one dope Pac bar I could give you 200 Jay and Big dope bars"

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Getoboy might be a bigger Stan than Usmarine

You reached 5'6" little ? .?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's that NY ? , New York ? swear bars is everything.

tumblr_m2yb5mGurS1qihztbo1_400.gif

Umm....it kinda is.

Let me guess, shooting/scoring in basketball is also overrated too.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Content > than Dope bars...

I ? with big and jay but.. ill take cake over icing.

The problem with this quote is Jay, ,Nas, and Biggie all had content and managed to be lyrical. Why is that such a hard concept for you Tupac diehards. Just because you have content is no excuse to be basic as ? .

You're being trivial though. You know what he meant when he mentioned content. All songs have content otherwise they wouldn't be a song. Pac had more depth in his message.

Pac was clearly a follower of Occam's Razor, the simplest way was the best way. It's about knowing your audience. He didn't need to be Papoose on every track. Pac's gift was his storytelling, ease of access and imagery.

Just because he doesn't make his audience jump through hoops to get his point across doesn't mean he wasn't lyrical.

Similies, metaphors, alliteration, parables, entendres etc are all facets of lyricism.

Lets not act like Jay was always hitting home runs with his lines. "I father, I Brooklyn Dodger them
    I jack, I rob, I sin
    Aww man, I'm Jackie Robinson
    'Cept when I run base, I dodge the pen"18jk81ekzkog.png

Listen to Shed So Many Tears and you'll know what I'm talking about.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

The problem with this quote is Jay, ,Nas, and Biggie all had content and managed to be lyrical. Why is that such a hard concept for you Tupac diehards. Just because you have content is no excuse to be basic as ? .

You're being trivial though. You know what he meant when he mentioned content. All songs have content otherwise they wouldn't be a song. Pac had more depth in his message.

Pac was clearly a follower of Occam's Razor, the simplest way was the best way. It's about knowing your audience. He didn't need to be Papoose on every track. Pac's gift was his storytelling, ease of access and imagery.

Just because he doesn't make his audience jump through hoops to get his point across doesn't mean he wasn't lyrical.

Similies, metaphors, alliteration, parables, entendres etc are all facets of lyricism.

Lets not act like Jay was always hitting home runs with his lines. "I father, I Brooklyn Dodger them
    I jack, I rob, I sin

But Jay and big don't make u jump thru hoops to get what they are saying.... I mean if u do, then that says alot about u more than it does them ... LMAO @ papoose being the extreme opposite
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're still waiting for those 200 bars.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a trick statement since half of jays bars are bigs bars.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

I jack, I rob, I sin

Consonance seems like a lost art as well

"The penitentiary is packed with promise makers"
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    still waiting of those 20 I mean 200 dope bars.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Depends on what you're looking for. These interview ? is ? me off too, how you gon dickride the dickrider. Everything this ? say it's like "awwwwww" in the background, how you gon let this ? say that big and hov are the only ones that think about the songs they make. At some point somebody gotta be like c'mon bruh.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol mothefuckers would say 2Pac wasn't as lyrical as Jay Z but the momment you bring Big L or Talib Kweli (or any of the guys that are better rappers) they like "been lyrical is the reason he ain't as big, jay z da goat, tidalgang!"
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bars are everything. Fucknuts
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bars are everything. Fucknuts

Bars are 50%

The beat is the other 50%

I don't care how dope your bars are, if your beats are wack I'm not listening. Word to Canibus.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets not act like Jay was always hitting home runs with his lines.

"I father, I Brooklyn Dodger them
    I jack, I rob, I sin
    'Cept when I run base, I dodge the pen"
    I like the way he worded that. Those bars wasn't that bad
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only on the internet have I ever seen or heard people say jay, big and the like are more "complex" than pac.
    If u really think that ur comprehension of language n poetry is subpar n ur fandom of this particular genre should be questioned. Saying something simple doesn't equate to stupidity and saying something eloquently or with complexity doesn't equate to intelligence.
    The way y'all write most of yall at least finished high school. U should know this.
    That bar comment is way off base.
    This is music. If u can't be entertained simply it's not entertaining. If u can't follow said artist for whatever reason that's really you and ur preferences not what they're saying.
  • the cool kid
    the cool kid Members Posts: 4
    Options

I jack, I rob, I sin

so is assonance assonance is slant rhyming and if multi-syllable rhyming is literally not rhyming the consonant sounds

and just rhyming the vowel sound then pac is the goat.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stating that they had doper bars than Pac is stating the obvious. There are plenty of lyricists who have doper bars than Pac. Pac was never a "dope bar" rapper. Pac's greatest strength was his ability to create songs that connected w/ people emotionally.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of you are acting like big and Jay were just rapping to be rapping. Bringing up content and songwriting like they didn't have that in most of their catalogs either
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake.
    Lyrical gawd.
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mr.october wrote: »
    Only on the internet have I ever seen or heard people say jay, big and the like are more "complex" than pac.
    If u really think that ur comprehension of language n poetry is subpar n ur fandom of this particular genre should be questioned. Saying something simple doesn't equate to stupidity and saying something eloquently or with complexity doesn't equate to intelligence.
    The way y'all write most of yall at least finished high school. U should know this.
    This is music. If u can't be entertained simply it's not entertaining. If u can't follow said artist for whatever reason that's really you and ur preferences not what they're saying.

I feel you bro
    All you trying to say is does the IC have $20 you can borrow??
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

I jack, I rob, I sin

so is assonance assonance is slant rhyming and if multi-syllable rhyming is literally not rhyming the consonant sounds

Lol nice try.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    mr.october wrote: »

I feel you bro
    All you trying to say is does the IC have $20 you can borrow??
    You got it bro.

Truth is most the goats say simple ? . Any genre. If u pay attention to what big says u would realize he said simple ? . Jay, pac, nas etc say simple ? too. If u couldn't follow what he said it wouldn't be that dope. U wouldn't feel it my guy.

I think people have biases n make it seem like pac was wack for not always flowing the way they prefer as opposed to big n them n confuse words with technique. Content is misused too. But whatever I guess I said too much for you.
    Run that bread homie.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I jack, I rob, I sin

@juelz21 you ain't foolin no one ?

Lmaoooooo