What motivates you? Could your surroundings be stopping you? Are you your best you?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Serious question.

these are questions only for you to ask and answer yourself....some may apply and some may not.

I ask because whats stopping you from reaching your greatest point of potential....

do you not have anything to wake up and go to work for outside of paying bills with enough left over for some sneak...

do you wake up with a sense that you need to better than you was yesterday.

do you wake up and see if the chick you want to smash , texted you in the night..

do you look at yourself in the mirror and are happy with what you see or what you have become...

do you have or have you made any future plans..

where are you in your future plans? how far does your future plans go?

are they listed step by step with contingency plans or are they just dreams of something you want?

when was the last time you was proud you completed something, a task?

Are you aware of how your surroundings effect your thoughts?

whats your ringtone? what does it say about you?

Are you strong enough to block out the negative or must you be in the middle of drama to feel alive?

does you music you listen mostly consist of being in the club, fukk this ? , i fukked a ? , beat a ? ass, im tough like Nigerian hair, alpha male, jumpman jumpman? do you understand how these lyrics effect your thought process and how you view the world?

When was the last time you heard or had an inspirational song in your rotation that didnt have nothing to do with getting illegal money or bagging a hoe?

speaking of hoes....are hoes appealing to you?..why?

if they are women who give themselves freely to any man, how is that attractive to you? regardless of how good she looks, do you think you deserve better? even if its just to get a nut, do you think you time is more valuable than to be laid up with a known cumrag.

Are you happy with your health?

are you happy with your body?

they say a man is only as good as his last challenge...what was your hardest challenge....when was the last real challenge. Are you ok with easy more than you are with hard?

Are you the smartest in your group or the dumbest?

are you a man of strong moral values and principle that cant be changed no matter whats in front of you?

are you a manager or you family or a leader?

do you push those around you to be better or are you ok with being the best and fukk the rest?.

Do you share your knowledge or do you keep it to have an advantage over those you hold close?.

do you make your family or does your family make you?

Are you goals something you would like or something you wont stop until you get ?

Are you living for today or planning for tomorrow?

Do you have a plan for your grandkids if your kids fukk up?

If you die tomorrow...will your family be able to move forward without struggles?

If someone asked a lil kid that knows you.....what do they see when they see you...what would they say?

Do you think your viewed as a person to be admired because you are not to be fukked with or a person to be admired because you have strong morals and ethics.

All these questions.......to get you to ask yourself....who are you really.

are you the person you want people to see you as or the person you want to be or the person you think you are.

you deserve your best you.

you have alot of motivating things on this site,

@kai is a black female sceintist
@sion is smart as hell and wont be told he can not be a billionaire and stays up all night to stay ahead of the game. and knows investing.
@Will Munny lived his dream of fight an MMA fight. got his ass beat but he did it.and he is ok with being himself and going hunting and fishing. seems simple....be hes ok being him.
@not_osirus_jenkins building up himself an empire. one flipped house at a time.

are you motivated yet....
@EmM HoLLa. driving around in porches and sneaking in shots of his watch....are you motivated.

@BOSSExcellence be lowkey stuntin.... saying he at the movies and sends a pic to prove it but lets all know he was wearing loubintins.

but i guess your not motivated by money.
@BigBallsNoWorries travels around the world. so does @scorpio4lfe @vagrant-718 @Knock_Twice @Figo @usmarin3 and alot others.
are you motivated yet.....no

@zzombie @Cinco invested in homes and their futures are set . imagine being 30 and not have to go to work anymore....

motivated yet. no

@Young_Chitlin posts weekly links or youtubes about getting outta debt...

helpful posts and links are always in the business forum

@Black_Samson and @SimptimusLEMZUS are into fitness. are you afraid to ask them to hook you up with a program to get into shape. scared to video chat with them to scream at you to motivate you ?

all these examples ....you can choose to think its all a lie....by why come here if you think that. that say more about your mindframe than it does anything else....

do you only come to pass the time.....even passing time...you can network for future potential.

dont trust internet people ? ok,,, do you think an inperson broker can be trusted. they dip out with peoples money everyday.

those that are rewarded are those that take risks.

so many things...where are you in your life. honestly answer yourself.

honestly create a timeline of your life and see where you came from and where you trying to go and where you are in obtaining what you want.

what drives you ..

what motivates you...
are you happy with who your laying next to at night?
are you happy with where you go to work at?
are you happy with where you are living?
are you happy with what you look like?
are you happy with your physique ?
are you happy with what you are driving?
are you happy with what you see when you log into you bank account?
but more importantly

and lastly,

Are you happy with your life.

what are you waiting for....tomorrow will be today in a few hours and yesterday was once today. how many more times does that need to be said to be a better you.

greatness should not be compromised...it should be required.

have a good day people.

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sticky this thread mods
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am motivated by the desire to create a long lasting legacy for my descendants. Also I love competition
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My motivation is time. We all die twice, once when you die and again when the last person that remembered you dies.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I die, I want to be able to say I gave my children the opportunity to be whatever they wanted in the world and not only left them the means to do so, but gave them the skills to know how to act on it, and know what's important.

I also want people to be able to say that was a bad muthafucka.

That's pretty much it.

The key to life is come to the world, and leave it better than you found it.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm accomplishment driven. That's a good feeling when u get something done that you set out, planned, Grind, and completed. I love it when a plan comes together.
    Reminds me of the other thread "where do u get your confidence,"

On the other hand I have trouble with complacency. When I'm ahead of some peers people I grew up with, or even comfortable, i risk being flat.
    But I get motivation from real dudes who give out knowledg (in life and on here @Sion @2stepz_ahead @EmM HoLLa. And Biz thread participants , challenges, IG posts of luxury ? (really), music, and driving thru Dallas Highland Park lets u know u need to level up. Lol
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but to answer ur question its two things that motivate me..
    Spite and Purpose..

spite because i was born poor.. mother was 15.. raised in South Central during the ? era..
    if i have one trait from my mom.. its spite.. she grew up light skinned green eyes in a time when that was shunned.. she was told she wasn't go be ? . and when she had me at such a young age they then told her i also wouldn't be ? . she had a chip on her shoulder since a kid and i was born with one..

her spite was towards her family tho.. mines was the system.. one that said i wouldn't see 18.. but if i did id be dead or in jail before my 21st birthday.. i love to spite privileged white people.. or poor racist ones.. anyone who looks at me and say why is he here..

then purpose.. another thing my moms gave me.. she told me i had to break the chain.. too much to type but my family has been through a lot and i had to experience the brunt of it.. iunno if i can save my family ..iv been tryin and continue to but then my daughter was born.. and my mentality changed.. now its moreso changing the trajectory then saving everybody.. i have a nephew as well..i invest a lot into them as well as my mother and stepfather who are both well into their careers.. money isn't an issue with us.. my sis is and bro are nurses but jus started.. in a few yrs the household i grew up in each member will be making over 6 figures.. well moms jus retired.. but i make more then enough to cover her to bring it to average..

real ? .. I'm simple.. i jus wanna see my grandkids and go out like the godfather and have my picture on the wall like i have a puzzle my great grandma made for me framed and in my study.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I lack motivation. Im terrible with money and to progress into anything legit seems to always cost a lot of money i dont have and am not willing to put myself in debt for. Need to get over it and learn how to save money.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my best me and I'm still doin' better than a lotta people.

It makes me upset sometimes, though, coz I kno' I'm not fulfillin' my potential.

I'm tryin' to take writin' a lot more seriously. Written a few tracks and got some nice lightskin down to vocal them. Maybe that'll spark the fire
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word. I tell people all the time 'Money is incredibly important. And it also doesn't mean a got damn thing.'.

The ? comes and goes. Had a convo with @Lefty about the fact that certain ? is WAY more important than money to me. Over the years I've left mad money in the table on some 'Naw, that ain't for me.' type ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    money is important but my mindframe is always...

i made it once and i can make another to replace it. I am incredibly confident and dream incredibly big.

limit is a five letter word i choose to ignore. i always say the only two things that can limit me is ? and my body.

anything thing else i just need prep time like batman and its conquered.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    What motivates me? Wanting to provide a comfortable existence for my family to keep building after me. My dad and my grandmother grinding their ? off after coming to the states and I'd be doing a disservice to everything they sacrificed by not putting in 2X the effort they did. My dad worked his ass off night and day to make sure I had the things I needed despite having many things stacked against him and I can do nothing other than take the baton from him and keep it pushing.
    Am I my best version of myself? At the moment yes I am. I know that because there's a certain feeling of confidence you get when you know you're living life to the full extent of your potential and abilities. We all are constantly changing and growing. In the past I can see where my mistakes were. What I allowed to distract me and get me off course but luckily I've never veered too far off to where I can't correct those mistakes. I think my best asset that I'm just realizing has been a huge key to my life turning out the way it has so far is my ability to not be influenced by ? outside my own mind. I still do not understand how so many manage to let so many outside forces, music, movies, social media etc, influence their thought process on how they approach the world. It's amazing to me. Even as a kid I could easily separate fantasy from reality and looking back now that ability kept me out of a few situations that some o grew up with found themselves caught up in.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    What motivates me? Wanting to provide a comfortable existence for my family to keep building after me. My dad and my grandmother grinding their ? off after coming to the states and I'd be doing a disservice to everything they sacrificed by not putting in 2X the effort they did. My dad worked his ass off night and day to make sure I had the things I needed despite having many things stacked against him and I can do nothing other than take the baton from him and keep it pushing.
    Am I my best version of myself? At the moment yes I am. I know that because there's a certain feeling of confidence you get when you know you're living life to the full extent of your potential and abilities. We all are constantly changing and growing. In the past I can see where my mistakes were. What I allowed to distract me and get me off course but luckily I've never veered too far off to where I can't correct those mistakes. I think my best asset that I'm just realizing has been a huge key to my life turning out the way it has so far is my ability to not be influenced by ? outside my own mind. I still do not understand how so many manage to let so many outside forces, music, movies, social media etc, influence their thought process on how they approach the world. It's amazing to me. Even as a kid I could easily separate fantasy from reality and looking back now that ability kept me out of a few situations that some o grew up with found themselves caught up in.

and thats why i asked.
    kids and teens i can understand

grown ass men..i dont get.

yes, i can say i do dumb ? when i am bored and try to live out a rap lyric in fun....but i do not allow anything outside of providing for my family influence me.

even if i give it my attention....it dont mean ? .
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A better tomorrow is what drives me.

The only thing stopping that is asking for a horrible tomorrow.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    I ve made changes in my life thanks to the DIAMOND APPROACH STYLE.

Why a diamond? CAUSE IT GOT VARIOUS SIDES, FACETS. An overlooked side can on day hinder your progression of the other.

To be clear we tend to fail because we dont follow the masonic way of thinking : a plan, a compass, a direction.
    @Sion knows thats, @2stepz_ahead too.

That paradigm is to be applied in order to get the best results in whatever project.

And im at your disposal throughout PM to ELABORATE, ANALYSE AND DEFINE A PARADYGM in yall plans my brothers and sisters.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Example

" Lemmy i want to be in shape. Im going hard in the gym so ill succeed."

" do you have a goal?

Do you know how to eat?

How much does it costs to you?

Can you afford it? Do you plan to get financial returns for that investment?

What motivates you? Are women a sufficient reason to spend all tha time and money for that?"

" ? why all these question?!!! Foh its all about going hard or going home!! You hating, you ? etc....."

" no bruh you are setting yourself for failure cause you dont have a GLOBAL APPROACH of your plan. You will fail hard"

• AM760
    AM760 Members Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm motivated to provide a safe environment for my family. I earn a decent income, but worked a lot, which kept me away from home at times. Though I am able to provide, I've learned the most important thing in life is time. What you do with your time is the most important thing in this world. I am continuously working to better myself and to spend time with the people I love. Im very close to my son who is in his 2nd year of college and I can still hear him say "I wish we spent more time together when I was younger". He said that in when he was in the 10th grade.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Example

" do you have a goal?

Do you know how to eat?

What motivates you? Are women a sufficient reason to spend all tha time and money for that?"

" ? why all these question?!!! Foh its all about going hard or going home!! You hating, you ? etc....."

" no bruh you are setting yourself for failure cause you dont have a GLOBAL APPROACH of your plan. You will fail hard"
    Daps for the wisdom hermano
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Example

" do you have a goal?

Do you know how to eat?

i can go so many places with the bolded.

i see people who are smart as hell but refuse to leave what they know....which to me makes them dumb.

i know it sounds bad.....but i look at it like this.....if i can move the way i move across the globe....those same people who can navigate the hardship and randomness of the hood can excell anywhere.

think about the possibilities you would have if your hood wasnt "your first oppressor"....the the name of a short book i am writing....lol

but anyway.....once i got out the hood.....the world was easy to deal with for so many reasons.

i felt like a caged tiger let out into the wild and his natural habitat.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    but question..

do you ever think about why you respect the people that you respect.

did you ever think about why you look up to certain people or certain behaviors...

did you ever think why certain things dont bother you even if they are inhumane...

did you really try your hardest today...

even if it was to help out with something simply.....did you do it like a boss or did it just to get it done.

always remember there is no traffic going an extra mile....AND you will be further than the rest
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    what have you sacrificed in life that would make achieving your goal that much sweeter
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    have you ever though about relocating.

another city, state, country....

did you apply for a job just see if you could get it...just to test the waters.

• Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    have you ever though about relocating.

another city, state, country....

did you apply for a job just see if you could get it...just to test the waters.

That last one yes

Last one was an IT Support job at LAX for Southwest Airlines

I got it but because of my background I couldnt get the TSA clearance

He even tried to get me in as a temp but once they saw my name again they already knew...and i have name that once u see it you know its me and youll recognize it if it comes up again