Corona beer founder dies...and makes everyone in his old village a millionaire in his will

Options
2»

Comments

• Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy ? , somebody should film a documentary about the village to see how it changes the place, the local prostitute now has a 50 grand price tag on that ? , I would watch it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    easy to not forget where you came from when the community helps build you.

very easy to forget where you came from when its nothing but fukk boys wanting to live out their scarface dreams.

props to him and his culture.

i bet they wont take the money an try to flip birds with it

Right cause ? is naturally born with the mindset to flip packs and be scarface

Remember ? got they culture stolen from them....and passive aggressive ? like you don't help

i help more than you think.....i just dont speak about it. there is no need. i let people like you think they know what they are talking about.

but i am also not stupid or blind to what i know my hood would do if i left them all 2mill.

fact of the matter is our community is fukked up and does not promote building and investing in our youth or education or do we celebrate success outside of sports or rap like we should.

i guarantee that man could go back to his old barrio and they welcome him with love and admiration because he made something of himself.

try that ? in North Philly. ? will try to rob you, set you up and find a reason for you to throw it all away. I am a living example and can attest to everything i said.

people tend to not understand the triple edged sword it is being a successful self made black man. they only assume.

So we're now taking anecdotal experiences as fact? When are you going to understand that what you're going through is just that?

What if I told you that you was a victim ass ? on only got picked on and bullied because they sensed weakness? What if I told you, if a RESPECTED ? went back to hood to break bread, there would be nothing but love for sun?

What you go through is not reflective of the community, it's a reflection of SELF.

the fact is.....you have no idea what the fukk you talking about....

what the fukk is respected mean.....i would like to know.

see you one of those type ? who think everyone and every hood is the same.

why would the hood try to sense weakness in a ? who comes back to help....how many times have you heard ? cant go back after they made it...vs how many they say are welcomed.

fall back until you see my point.

walk in my shoes an you'd understand im in the hood more than you would think trying to save those who dont wanna do fukk ? like determine who should be respect and who can come thru.

only OUR community places those limits on US.

an thats what you standing for....

lastly.....raised in North Philly and Germantown...

I guarantee not a ? can say they ever bullied me....what ? do sense is my overconfident and borderline arrogance about myself and my abilities without having to pick up a gun nor resorting to fukk ? .

again what are YOU defending.

what hood you talking about....you are part of a bigger problem that you are encouraging.

rather than acknowledging what it is...you want to say its not.....

alot of ? got got that was respected as you say....

fukk outta here
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice to wake up to some good news every once in awhile

Imagine living in that village. and waking up to find out u a millionaire.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

very easy to forget where you came from when its nothing but fukk boys wanting to live out their scarface dreams.

Remember ? got they culture stolen from them....and passive aggressive ? like you don't help

i help more than you think.....i just dont speak about it. there is no need. i let people like you think they know what they are talking about.

but i am also not stupid or blind to what i know my hood would do if i left them all 2mill.

fact of the matter is our community is fukked up and does not promote building and investing in our youth or education or do we celebrate success outside of sports or rap like we should.

i guarantee that man could go back to his old barrio and they welcome him with love and admiration because he made something of himself.

try that ? in North Philly. ? will try to rob you, set you up and find a reason for you to throw it all away. I am a living example and can attest to everything i said.

people tend to not understand the triple edged sword it is being a successful self made black man. they only assume.

So we're now taking anecdotal experiences as fact? When are you going to understand that what you're going through is just that?

What if I told you that you was a victim ass ? on only got picked on and bullied because they sensed weakness? What if I told you, if a RESPECTED ? went back to hood to break bread, there would be nothing but love for sun?

What you go through is not reflective of the community, it's a reflection of SELF.

why would the hood try to sense weakness in a ? who comes back to help....how many times have you heard ? cant go back after they made it...vs how many they say are welcomed.

walk in my shoes an you'd understand im in the hood more than you would think trying to save those who dont wanna do fukk ? like determine who should be respect and who can come thru.

I guarantee not a ? can say they ever bullied me....what ? do sense is my overconfident and borderline arrogance about myself and my abilities without having to pick up a gun nor resorting to fukk ? .

what hood you talking about....you are part of a bigger problem that you are encouraging.

fukk outta here

I don't need to walk in your shoes, because I already understand that everyone has different experiences. If you feel tension when you go back to your hood, you were probably a ? that got picked or wanted to be down, but wasn't accepted. Those are the ones that always have some misguided generalization of what happened or is still happening.

I know when I "go back" to my hood, it's nothing but love and respect, but it's been that way since day one. They KNOW I'm there TO HELP FORREAL, NOT LOOK DOWN ON THEM or flex. They know I'm there to teach the children, even the troubled ones and help a few get to greener pastures. They know I COMMAND RESPECT wherever I am, and how to move around me because I'm still the same me.

(A ? ass ? , is still a ? ass ? even if he has money and is "here to help")

If the stick up kids and crab ? get happy when you're around, that's on YOU. Your circle been ? up or you attract that kind of energy AND those ? simply don't respect you. The people I grew up with were productive ? getting their grind on, and damn near all of them "made it out" or have something else going on.

Case and point, your personal experiences don't mean ? to anyone except you and whatever you went through is not enough to denounce "our community", so chill with the emotional outbursts. Anything bad you want to say about the hood and "our community" supported only by your personal experiences, I can counter with my personal experiences.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

fukk outta here

I don't need to walk in your shoes, because I already understand that everyone has different experiences. If you feel tension when you go back to your hood, you were probably a ? that got picked or wanted to be down, but wasn't accepted. Those are the ones that always have some misguided generalization of what happened or is still happening.

I know when I "go back" to my hood, it's nothing but love and respect, but it's been that way since day one. They KNOW I'm there TO HELP FORREAL, NOT LOOK DOWN ON THEM or flex. They know I'm there to teach the children, even the troubled ones and help a few get to greener pastures. They know I COMMAND RESPECT wherever I am, and how to move around me because I'm still the same me.

(A ? ass ? , is still a ? ass ? even if he has money and is "here to help")

If the stick up kids and crab ? get happy when you're around, that's on YOU. Your circle been ? up or you attract that kind of energy AND those ? simply don't respect you. The people I grew up with were productive ? getting their grind on, and damn near all of them "made it out" or have something else going on.

Case and point, your personal experiences don't mean ? to anyone except you and whatever you went through is not enough to denounce "our community", so chill with the emotional outbursts. Anything bad you want to say about the hood and "our community" supported only by your personal experiences, I can counter with my personal experiences.

you know you seem smarter that what your posting....

if im in the community to help....why are you speaking against it.....you sounding hateful.

your whole argument seems to be based around whose real or who commands respect....that is just stupid...

you still proving my point that only our people think dumb like you.

? how far removed are you from the hood....i aint lived in the hood for like 20 years...im not going only to where i grew up. ? need help in other hoods too.

that right there tells me you limited.

stick up boys dont care who they get.....maybe you know them...maybe you dont go outside you safe zone... i dont know...., where im from them ? get anyone.

no one cares about your counters.....cause i have good and bad i can say as well. you defending the hood like you proud of the fukk ? that goes on there.

thats you.

i fukking hate seeing the fukk ? that goes on and am trying to change it....doing inside places im not know and from a distance. an sice you soo hood proud....you should understand that new ? will always be looked at like food. but you classify that with being a ? ? ....? if you like 19 your statement could be forgiven.

Passion is something i wear on my sleeve for my people. fukk being excepted or whatever....im not there for that.

im there to do my part....and along with that i call out the fukk i see. my people need to be getting euros, francs, canadian dollars, dominican pesos, british pound...what ever...

that hood world aint ? normal. an alot of people cant find their way out.

personally im tired of successful black man and woman being ? unicorns. i hate seeing my people get lost in hood politics when i see all these people around this globe lving like they should coming from 3rd world countries.

i acknowledge what i see ...fukk who likes it.

its plenty of well off ? that are real thankful i stayed on they ass like i do and did.

but leave to you.....imma ? ? .....yea...well none of them ? stepped up without a hammer or a group.

i aint got problem beating a ? ass....i just choose not too.

hint hint
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's wrong with flipping birds
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "He played college football in high school"
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    700 wrote: »

What's wrong with flipping birds

somebody give you 2mill and you still worried about doing illegal ? ....

you see nothing wrong with that
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited November 2016
    Options

if im in the community to help....why are you speaking against it.....you sounding hateful.

your whole argument seems to be based around whose real or who commands respect....that is just stupid...

? how far removed are you from the hood....i aint lived in the hood for like 20 years...im not going only to where i grew up. ? need help in other hoods too.

stick up boys dont care who they get.....maybe you know them...maybe you dont go outside you safe zone... i dont know...., where im from them ? get anyone.

no one cares about your counters.....cause i have good and bad i can say as well. you defending the hood like you proud of the fukk ? that goes on there.

thats you.

i fukking hate seeing the fukk ? that goes on and am trying to change it....doing inside places im not know and from a distance. an sice you soo hood proud....you should understand that new ? will always be looked at like food. but you classify that with being a ? ? ....? if you like 19 your statement could be forgiven.

Passion is something i wear on my sleeve for my people. fukk being excepted or whatever....im not there for that.

im there to do my part....and along with that i call out the fukk i see. my people need to be getting euros, francs, canadian dollars, dominican pesos, british pound...what ever...

personally im tired of successful black man and woman being ? unicorns. i hate seeing my people get lost in hood politics when i see all these people around this globe lving like they should coming from 3rd world countries.

its plenty of well off ? that are real thankful i stayed on they ass like i do and did.

but leave to you.....imma ? ? .....yea...well none of them ? stepped up without a hammer or a group.

hint hint

My original "issue" was your tone towards "our community", where you felt the need to ? on black people under this front that you're trying to help them. Your condescending tone deserves to be challenged at the very least.

Regarding the rest of your post....

Respect is very important. I don't care how much money you make, if you don't follow a code, or have your morals intact, you're ? .

...I only go back to my hood, because those are people I KNOW I can affect and help moving forward. I can keep in contact with the lil' homies through mutual connections and even drive up there to check on things in person. I'm not trying to do some fake ass charity ? where ? throw money at other people's problems and lie to themselves that they're doing something good, when we all know they're doing it for a tax write-off or good press or even good "karma". I'm here to touch the streets, make a REAL CHANGE and see it all the way through.

Reach the world, but touch the streets first

If you're going into ANY foreign land, you will always get pressed. I don't know what world you're living in, but most of the so-called outsiders are trying to CONQUER, not help. You can't fault them for looking at you the way they do. It's not specific to "our culture", that's the way EVERYONE reacts.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    And even if I die, he's in my will somewhere.....

The founder of Corona beer has left £2m in his will to each resident of the small Spanish village in which he grew up.

Antonino Fernández, who died aged 98 in August, left £169m to the 80 residents of the small village of Cerezales del Condado in north west Spain, The Telegraph reports.

The owner of the only bar in the village, Maximino Sanchez told the Diario de León newspaper: "We never had any money before. I don’t know, what we would have done without Antonino."

Mr Fernández first moved to Mexico in 1949 aged 32 where he started working for the Grupo Modelo brewery.

He rose through the ranks and was in large part responsible for making the company's beers, including Corona, some of the best selling in the world.

He served as the brewery's CEO from 1971 through to 1997.

A noted philanthropist, Mr Fernández established a company in his home province of León which provided jobs for those with disabilities before replicating the same model in the Mexican state of Puebla.

For his charity work, King Juan Carlos of Spain awarded him the Order of Isabella the Catholic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/corona-beer-founder-millionaire-mexico-antonino-fernandez-spaish-village-a7437856.html

Didn't forget where he came from......

wow!! Wow. I do admire him and wish this got coverage in the news
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

? we don't want to hear the "we got our culture stolen" excuse anymore . what do you want pity??? No one give a ?

No pitty ? just understanding when being dealt with....

I work in the mental health field and often you hear people who provide support to these people ask them "what's wrong with you " when they do something they don't like or have a behavior and its like wtf do you mean what's wrong with them...they have mental disabilities with behavior issues that's what's wrong with them or why they act out instead of communicating....and plenty of people give a ? batty-mon

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice to wake up to some good news every once in awhile

Hate to be a party-pooper but the story is not entirely accurate:
    He may not have made each residents of the of village he grew up an overnight millionaire but the man behind Corona beer has left a lasting legacy in his birthplace.
    Antonio Fernandez, who went on to become the CEO of Grupo Modelo, the brewery company who make the popular beer died a billionaire aged 99 in August.

The 77 residents in the tiny Spanish village of Cerezales del Condado were left perplexed by news articles claiming the billionaire had left each of them a share of his enormous fortune for living in his birthplace.
    Villagers confirmed the fairy tale was not entirely accurate, as he had left the money to his family in his will.

'It's simply not true, unfortunately,' Lucia Alaejos from the Fundación Cerezales Antonino y Cinia told The Local in Spain.
    'It seems someone got the wrong end of the stick and the story has just grown and grown.
    'It's got completely out of hand.'

Although the beer tycoon had no children of his own, he was one of 13 siblings and his fortune has been handed to his extended family.

'Many of them still visit for some months each summer, so it is great for the village and keeps it alive,' Alaejos said, according to The Local.

'But the villagers won't be sharing in that inheritance directly.'

So, villagers may not be rolling in cash overnight, but Fernandez's impact on the place he grew up has outlived him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3968880/Billionaire-founder-Corona-beer-brewery-makes-Spanish-village-grew-MILLIONAIRE-will.html#ixzz4R7QqBu90

? killjoy lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

thats you.

hint hint

My original "issue" was your tone towards "our community", where you felt the need to ? on black people under this front that you're trying to help them. Your condescending tone deserves to be challenged at the very least.

Respect is very important. I don't care how much money you make, if you don't follow a code, or have your morals intact, you're ? .

...I only go back to my hood, because those are people I KNOW I can affect and help moving forward. I can keep in contact with the lil' homies through mutual connections and even drive up there to check on things in person. I'm not trying to do some fake ass charity ? where ? throw money at other people's problems and lie to themselves that they're doing something good, when we all know they're doing it for a tax write-off or good press or even good "karma". I'm here to touch the streets, make a REAL CHANGE and see it all the way through.

If you're going into ANY foreign land, you will always get pressed. I don't know what world you're living in, but most of the so-called outsiders are trying to CONQUER, not help. You can't fault them for looking at you the way they do. It's not specific to "our culture", that's the way EVERYONE reacts.

i agree.....but that dont make it right.

im really not worried about other cultures.....but i learn from them. i want to take what i learn and bring it back so my people can progress.

and yes, i can say i ? on my hood because i know they can do better.

perfect example.....

a college coach recruiting for his college...he goes back to his old hood to see family but he sees a youngman on the court. breaking ankles left and right. he goes to talk to the young man to tell him he can be great...the youngman aint trying to hear what dude has to say because old heads said dude got bullied as a kid. so the youngman doesnt think he has to respect dude or what he says because of some ? that happened decades ago.

so is it ok for dude to not even give his potential a try because old ? living on some teenage memories.

how does that sound...should those old heads not want someone to make the youngman better or should they be allowed to discourage this youngman because of how their teen years went.

but lets say ...the youngman does go along with this dude....during practice if hes not living up to his potential...the coah will get in his ass...as he should. most coaches will come as condescending and ? on his players if they not living up to what he knows they are capable of. a negative mindframe of someone who doesnt want more will see it as condescending....but a positive thinker with see it as motivation by any means. so people need that...and dont even know it. some coaches ge tcarried away....but the fact remains that someone is trying to help you...

a ? ? is not always a ? ? . plenty of people you go to high school with may be doing well in life but was corny in high school. who wants to peak in high school. and the rest of your life is downhill worrying about who can come back to help the hood based on respect....

like i said before...respect should be given to those who dont need to come back to help. not to those who are not far from coming back.

i clearly understand why ? look at me like food.....they do the same in the DR....but let me tell you....in the DR...they might ? a ? who touches me simply because i come to feed and cloth their hood....if someone discourages me from coming...? cant eat and kids dont have clothes....they take that ? personally cause you just fukked up their life for the immediate future.. i am saying why cant our hoods be the same way ....rather than checking my street credentials. that mindframe pushed away alot of help. but then people want to complain that no one is helping.

man i dont care who gives me a sandwich when i am hungry....as long as i am fed.

if you wanna clown dudes from what you think might have happened....you will still be hungry waiting on who to respect.

respect is earned...not based on street ? .
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options

thats you.

hint hint

im really not worried about other cultures.....but i learn from them. i want to take what i learn and bring it back so my people can progress.

perfect example.....

a college coach recruiting for his college...he goes back to his old hood to see family but he sees a youngman on the court. breaking ankles left and right. he goes to talk to the young man to tell him he can be great...the youngman aint trying to hear what dude has to say because old heads said dude got bullied as a kid. so the youngman doesnt think he has to respect dude or what he says because of some ? that happened decades ago.

so is it ok for dude to not even give his potential a try because old ? living on some teenage memories.

how does that sound...should those old heads not want someone to make the youngman better or should they be allowed to discourage this youngman because of how their teen years went.

but lets say ...the youngman does go along with this dude....during practice if hes not living up to his potential...the coah will get in his ass...as he should. most coaches will come as condescending and ? on his players if they not living up to what he knows they are capable of. a negative mindframe of someone who doesnt want more will see it as condescending....but a positive thinker with see it as motivation by any means. so people need that...and dont even know it. some coaches ge tcarried away....but the fact remains that someone is trying to help you...

a ? ? is not always a ? ? . plenty of people you go to high school with may be doing well in life but was corny in high school. who wants to peak in high school. and the rest of your life is downhill worrying about who can come back to help the hood based on respect....

like i said before...respect should be given to those who dont need to come back to help. not to those who are not far from coming back.

i clearly understand why ? look at me like food.....they do the same in the DR....but let me tell you....in the DR...they might ? a ? who touches me simply because i come to feed and cloth their hood....if someone discourages me from coming...? cant eat and kids dont have clothes....they take that ? personally cause you just fukked up their life for the immediate future.. i am saying why cant our hoods be the same way ....rather than checking my street credentials. that mindframe pushed away alot of help. but then people want to complain that no one is helping.

man i dont care who gives me a sandwich when i am hungry....as long as i am fed.

if you wanna clown dudes from what you think might have happened....you will still be hungry waiting on who to respect.

Your scenario is all over the place. If his old heads said dude use to get bullied, he would still work with the ? , because it's a win-win for him. The only time he wouldn't work with him, is if the risk was on his side. In your scenario he has nothing but upside. Your lack of street smarts is showing bruh... And in most cases, the ball players are protected in the hood. ? won't even let them get into the street ? .

A coach-player situation is not the same as someone coming to build with their hood and help out. And good coaches know there are different styles of leadership for different people. Some people will shut down if you're condescending, some will slap the ? out of you, some will submit and hear what you have to say.

A ? ? is a ? that gets pressed and folds. People generally don't grow out of that, they just use money and influence so they're never in that scenario again. They're usually the ones that stay getting barked on in business meetings or getting robbed by their own crew.

Those ? in the DR sound suspect. How you going to depend on another ? to eat? ... 'scust.

I agree respect is earned, but because a lot of people in our community dabble in other endeavors, how you move in those scenarios also determine how you're viewed by your peers, simple.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im at that funeral GET THE FUCKN BREAD UP!!!

MMG4z.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

tint

perfect example.....

Your scenario is all over the place. If his old heads said dude use to get bullied, he would still work with the ? , because it's a win-win for him. The only time he wouldn't work with him, is if the risk was on his side. In your scenario he has nothing but upside. Your lack of street smarts is showing bruh... And in most cases, the ball players are protected in the hood. ? won't even let them get into the street ? .

A coach-player situation is not the same as someone coming to build with their hood and help out. And good coaches know there are different styles of leadership for different people. Some people will shut down if you're condescending, some will slap the ? out of you, some will submit and hear what you have to say.

A ? ? is a ? that gets pressed and folds. People generally don't grow out of that, they just use money and influence so they're never in that scenario again. They're usually the ones that stay getting barked on in business meetings or getting robbed by their own crew.

Those ? in the DR sound suspect. How you going to depend on another ? to eat? ... 'scust.

I agree respect is earned, but because a lot of people in our community dabble in other endeavors, how you move in those scenarios also determine how you're viewed by your peers, simple.

so answer this question.....a dude that grew up in the suburb should stay out the hood....

and only respected street dudes should help...

and i still miss where a ? that lost fights or got bullied as a teen plays into helping out others once hes an adult.

i have seen board meeting where top dudes get ethered and i have seen "kingpins" get robbed by their own crew...this has nothing to do with being a ? ...? just going to do what they do.

as for the DR....these people are dirt poor. the chicks that sleep for dudes for money.....lets say $200 dollars...that can pay rent and buy food for a month.

unlike alot of people that go there to buy prostitutes...i go there to help.

i was blessed with the ability to make money and help others....so i use what i was given to help others....the economy is terrible and the people cant get i full meal a day....they drink beer to fill themselves up...

being that i have a heart...i see that and want to help..so every year i hold a get together outside my spot in villamella where the dark dominicans and haitians are. feed them, give them clothes and they hear the word of ? in the process. i dont need nothing from it....i feel that id what i am hear to do...help others. and not once was my street credibility ever questions...they dont care.

but how can you say scust at a third world country yet try to defend a first world country hood when someone says "do better"

you getting shakey bruh.

this is turning into .....who should help an who gets respect.....how about we both help our people out and keep them away from the fukk ? that makes the hood a bad place to live..

the little homies need something positive to look up to....not yet another example of two grown ass men arguing over ? that should be welcomed by both.