LA Nikkaz Shoot You In Front Yo Mama For Wearing Red Shoes . . . Other Cities Bang Like This? . .Sad

Options
Logic Last
Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy

Comments

• Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 Gang Members Convicted of Murder in South L.A. Shooting of 19-Year-Old Over Red Shoes, Clothing
    POSTED 3:31 PM, OCTOBER 24, 2016, BY MELISSA PAMER, UPDATED AT 04:04PM, OCTOBER 24, 2016
    FACEBOOK1K+ TWITTER GOOGLE LINKEDIN PINTEREST EMAIL
    Two gang members were convicted of first-degree murder Monday in the 2015 South Los Angeles shooting of a 19-year-old man who was targeted because he wore a red shirt and shoes.

This sign was displayed at a June 1, 2015, vigil for a 19-year-old killed at a car wash in South L.A. four days earlier. (Credit: KTLA)
    This sign was displayed at a June 1, 2015, vigil for a 19-year-old killed at a car wash in South L.A. four days earlier. (Credit: KTLA)
    A jury found Kanasho Shadrick Johns, 29, and Kevin Deon Johnson, 26, guilty of one count of first-degree murder with gang and handgun-use allegations.

They deliberated for just 2 1/2 hours before reaching a verdict, according to according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

A co-defendant, Dwight Kevin Smith, 31, had pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in August.

All three men were described as gang members by Los Angeles police after the May 29, 2015, fatal shooting of 19-year-old Tavin Price, whose mother said he was mentally challenged.

Price’s mother, Jennifer Rivers, was with him when he was shot.

They had gone to a car wash in the 3300 block of West Florence Avenue, in the Hyde Park area, when Price and a family friend went into a smoke shop where they were confronted by Smith and Johnson, according to the DA’s office.

Tavin Price is seen in a photo displayed at a June 1, 2015, memorial in honor of the slain teen.
    Tavin Price is seen in a photo displayed at a June 1, 2015, memorial in honor of the slain teen.
    Smith asked Price whether he belonged to a gang because of his red shirt and shoes. Smith and Johnson belong to a Crips-affiliated gang, according to the prosecutor, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Price’s friend responded that Price was mentally disabled and wasn’t in a gang, the prosecutor said.

As Price walked back to his mother, Johns approached on foot and shot him, the DA’s office said. He was struck< four times in the back and chest and died at a nearby hospital, the prosecutor said.

Johns fled and was arrested in Houston a few weeks after the shooting. He was also found guilty Monday of one count of possession of a firearm.

Supporters of Tavin Price wore red shoes at a June 23, 2015, news conference where police announced arrests in his killing. (Credit: KTLA)
    Supporters of Tavin Price wore red shoes at a June 23, 2015, news conference where police announced arrests in his killing. (Credit: KTLA)
    “Tavin Price was murdered due to gang pride,” Deputy District Attorney Bobby Zoumberakis of the ? Gang Division said, according to the Times. “Because gang pride was more important than his life.”

The family’s supporters wore red shoes at a police announcement of the arrests last year. Rivers sobbed.

“Everything I hear is Tavin saying, ‘Mommy, am I going to be all right? Mommy, I’m not going to die, am I?’” Rivers said. “That’s all that I hear every day. I’ve got to live with that for the rest of my life. That’s torture. You robbed me of my baby.”

Johnson and Johns face 50 years to life in prison; their sentencing is set for Nov. 30. Smith faces 12 years in state prison.

RELATED STORIES
    3 to Stand Trial in Fatal South L.A. Shooting of 19-Year-Old Over His Red ShoesMan Accused of Fatally Shooting Tavin Price Over Shoes to Make First Court Appearance3 Men, 1 Woman Arrested in Fatal South L.A. Shooting of Teen Over His Red Shoes
    FILED IN: LOCAL NEWS
    TOPICS: HYDE PARK, KANASHO JOHNS, KEVIN JOHNSON, LOS ANGELES COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, SOUTH LOS ANGELES, TAVIN PRICE
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2016
    Options
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's a Nikka?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 'em give'em 50yrs
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    macadonwoo wrote: »
    What's a Nikka?

A word you shouldn't use since you're white
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bury them stupid ?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They shouldn't even be allowed to breathe at all after that ? smh.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    ? like this is why i don't respect gang culture

for real...

if that man say he dont bang leave him be...
  • georgiaboy89
    georgiaboy89 Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Options
    Crab ass ? need to die
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    gotta wear Jesus chancletas out there
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint nothing new in La.. been like that since the 70s
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So sonic the hedgehog ain't safe in these streets?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not worse than killing someone over the color of their skin

Point?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    There was a thread on this when the shooting happened...and some ? tried to explain that's just how gang culture is and that these dudes are good for the community
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

Not blaming the victim, nor am I excusing the actions of these savages who shot him...

But... It's south central LA.

You gotta be real conscious of your actions..

If this woulda happened somewhere in Montana or Hawaii or something... I'd be shocked.

Like Ice T said:

"Welcome to LA, home of the body bag

You wanna die? Just wear the wrong colored rag"

I thought it was common knowledge these days.

Still no excuse though, for this savagery.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not blaming the victim, nor am I excusing the actions of these savages who shot him...

If this woulda happened somewhere in Montana or Hawaii or something... I'd be shocked.

Like Ice T said:

? no. This was bitchassery, ? don't bang on the mentally disabled everyday in L.A
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like Ice T said:

? no. This was bitchassery, ? don't bang on the mentally disabled everyday in L.A

Exactly first off them ? was flunkies from the set. Second them idiots were hopped up on dope. Third thing is that the little dude they killed said he was from a enemy set and this is facts. I don't condone banging anymore but I know what happened