Remember when 50 killed this???

Options
water ur seeds
water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in The Reason
This was fckn fire, IMO this is one of 50's most overlooked tracks even the singing on the hook is dope and erie...

I think its kinda like '50 Bars' or 'Ghetto Qu'run' in the sense he drops street knowledge and supposedly early life tales...

'I had Supreme schemes, Corley Wall thoughts,
Start shootin’, I bet I’ll clear off the ball court'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzinA__VAmE

Comments

• Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep I still mess with this ? now.
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forgot about this track,its tough with the story telling he does that real good
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Northpole? Nah Southside the ? coldest. You gotta ? what we eat that ? chain is a bonus
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loved The Funeral too.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    I wish 50's new material was as cold as this, this seemed a real throwback almost vintage 50...
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish 50's new material was as cold as this, this seemed a real throwback almost vintage 50...

It's been 2 years since this track dropped. Dude has been consistent to the point of his own detriment so I don't get your rationale. Just say you ? with it. He's always this cold.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's been 2 years since this track dropped. Dude has been consistent to the point of his own detriment so I don't get your rationale. Just say you ? with it. He's always this cold.

Truth. I honestly want a Game and 50 album @ this point
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Truth. I honestly want a Game and 50 album @ this point

too bad it's not gonna happend tho
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

facts he has alot of ? like this he never really changed its just that it had more impact when we knew he was still in the hood or on the come up...now that he filthy rich that hood ? against all odds music dont fit no more as much as it did
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwdczQCtLs
  • water ur seeds
    edited November 2016
    Options

Nah for the last year or so, maybe longer I have found his music to be monotonous, like he is rambling on some gangstsa schitt in the same pitch that it just bores me... Its weird because the music is kinda dope... but boring, like I just switch off... Its like every song, could be the same song... Back in 2013 or before, that wasnt the case, imo...
  • water ur seeds
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

facts he has alot of ? like this he never really changed its just that it had more impact when we knew he was still in the hood or on the come up...now that he filthy rich that hood ? against all odds music dont fit no more as much as it did

I dont care that he is filthy rich though, because when he spits hard like 'Im So Hood' and 'Financial Freedom' etc, he is normally telling stories or street tales which is dope... Like he isnt saying he is still pitching now etc or saying he is selling pounds like some rappers who have made it he is just spitting cold schitt...

For me in the last 18months or so 50's music has become, like I said above, abit monotonous... I still think he has the odd stand tune out but throughout his mixtapes I find most of them are very skippable or leave me thinking, this sounds like its dope, but its boring me!?
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @water ur seeds sometimes it's the beats they either hit hard or are way off. And chorus at times when he does em.

He be switching it up I just think he does one theme too long.... Before you have ? gave me style hate it or love it... You have more variation on a tape.

Go listen to the big 10 mixtape
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish 50 would rap like he did in 2014

Lol
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

I dont care that he is filthy rich though, because when he spits hard like 'Im So Hood' and 'Financial Freedom' etc, he is normally telling stories or street tales which is dope... Like he isnt saying he is still pitching now etc or saying he is selling pounds like some rappers who have made it he is just spitting cold schitt...

For me in the last 18months or so 50's music has become, like I said above, abit monotonous... I still think he has the odd stand tune out but throughout his mixtapes I find most of them are very skippable or leave me thinking, this sounds like its dope, but its boring me!?

well you just said it..it sounds like its dope but its boring you because the mystique of it all aint attached to it no more and there is less hunger
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember being broke as ? rolling up dimes of loud to this ? . ? had me crazy motivated. 50 a top ten storyteller