Rakim dissed LL?

Options
smp4life
smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just noticed in this video at 0:37 when Rakim says "I'm not comedian" they show a fast cut of a dude wearing a Kangol hat. Is this an LL diss?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TN-kDEKxF0

Comments

• 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only rappers that were dissed by Rakim were:

- EPMD
    - Big Daddy Kane
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's a DMX freestyle from the early 90s where X was taking shots at Rakim. Unfortunately I can't find it. I used to have the mp3 but I switched computers and it got lost in the shuffle.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    There's a DMX freestyle from the early 90s where X was taking shots at Rakim. Unfortunately I can't find it. I used to have the mp3 but I switched computers and it got lost in the shuffle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0VVn0ea7Y
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can one of you OGs tell me who were the 7 MCs he was speaking about? This has baffled me for decades. I know EPMD are 2 of them and along time ago an older cousin told me about some drama between Eric B and some queens rappers from 80s
  • 5 Grand
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0VVn0ea7Y

Yeah it was all love in that clip but I swear on my life that I used to have an mp3 of DMX dissing Rakim.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's before X caught a deal. He basically took shots at everybody on that joint.
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Can one of you OGs tell me who were the 7 MCs he was speaking about? This has baffled me for decades. I know EPMD are 2 of them and along time ago an older cousin told me about some drama between Eric B and some queens rappers from 80s

There may have indeed been 7 MCs that Rakim was dissin' but, on another level, he was breaking down mathematics and 5% mathematical concepts (The Nation of Gods and Earths) at the same time. It is hard to explain in a sentence or two but the number 7 represents ? / Allah and Rakim Allah considered himself the ? MC. If you break down Rakim's name by the Supreme Alphabet... it means Ruler Allah King Islam Master. R is the 18th letter and Rakim begins with R the 18th letter which makes him the Ruler or ? MC. The lyrics flow through Rakim like the words of Allah flowed through the Prophet Muhammad.

Someone who knows a bit more about these concepts than me could explain further but Rakim always had levels to his lyrics...
  • Icognegroe
    Icognegroe Members Posts: 191 ✭✭
    Options
    Side note. That's why jay said the line about numbers don't lie. He is a 5%
  • Da12RespectA
    Da12RespectA Members Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Icognegroe wrote: »

Jay ain't a 5%'er
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jay ain't a 5%'er

bbpts3yaurz5.jpg
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jay ain't a 5%'er

He came out reppin 5% with Jaz O
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Jay ain't a 5%'er

Actually they were Ansaars which is different than the 5%ers
  • Ether44mag
    edited November 2016
    Options

Jay ain't a 5%'er

8vv9rad1qcpt.png

? dont get the picture till the weapon is drawn -hov
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

Jay ain't a 5%'er

8vv9rad1qcpt.png

King Hassan said that "Jay Z came out reppin 5% with Jaz O". That's wrong, Jay Z did not come out reppin 5% with Jaz O, he came out reppin the Ansaars which is different than the 5% Nation.

Now, in 2016, Jay Z wears a Universal Flag which represents the 5% Nation, but in 1989 when they first came out they were reppin the Ansaars which is different than the 5% Nation.

The Originators - Jaz feat Jay Z
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1thvEtGM5M
  • Ether44mag
    Options

Jay ain't a 5%'er

8vv9rad1qcpt.png

King Hassan said that "Jay Z came out reppin 5% with Jaz O". That's wrong, Jay Z did not come out reppin 5% with Jaz O, he came out reppin the Ansaars which is different than the 5% Nation.

Now, in 2016, Jay Z wears a Universal Flag which represents the 5% Nation, but in 1989 when they first came out they were reppin the Ansaars which is different than the 5% Nation.

isnt that all different branches of the same tree ? the nubian nation was founded by Malachi York or am I mistaken ? thats what was written on them jackets
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Jay ain't a 5%'er

8vv9rad1qcpt.png

isnt that all different branches of the same tree ? the nubian nation was founded by Malachi York or am I mistaken ? thats what was written on them jackets

Nosign.

The 5% Nation is rooted in the lessons that were authored by W.F. Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad. They study;

1. Supreme Mathematics (1-10)
    2. Supreme Alphabets (1-26)
    3. Student Enrollment (1-10)
    4. English Lesson C-1 (1-36)
    5. Lost-Found Muslim Lesson #1 (1-14)
    6. Lost Found Muslim Lesson #2 (1-40)
    7. Actual Facts (1-13)
    8. Solar Facts (1-9)

^^^Thats known as the 120 which is slightly different from the Supreme Wisdom Lessons which is what the NOI studies.

The Ansaars used to Follow Malachi York who made up his own theology and is completely different from the organization that Elijah Muhammad founded.
  • Ether44mag
    Options

Jay ain't a 5%'er

8vv9rad1qcpt.png

Nosign.

The 5% Nation is rooted in the lessons that were authored by W.F. Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad. They study;

7. Actual Facts (1-13)
    8. Solar Facts (1-9)

^^^Thats known as the 120 which is slightly different from the Supreme Wisdom Lessons which is what the NOI studies.

The Ansaars used to Follow Malachi York who made up his own theology and is completely different from the organization that Elijah Muhammad founded.

ok thanks I thought it was all the same, I knew about the supreme mathematics but I thought they both believed in the story of Yakub taught by Malachi York
  • 5 Grand
    edited November 2016
    Options

Jay ain't a 5%'er

8vv9rad1qcpt.png

Nosign.

7. Actual Facts (1-13)
    8. Solar Facts (1-9)

ok thanks I thought it was all the same, I knew about the supreme mathematics but I thought they both believed in the story of Yakub taught by Malachi York

The story of Yacub was taught by W.F Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad.

This is what Dr York taught;

"Above This Planet" are key words in the Nuwaubian theology. His followers claim York was born on the planet Rizq in the Illyusm galaxy. York's scripture claims our human ancestors originally came from the planet Rizq. They later moved to a planet called Kesiyl in the Orion constellation, then to Mars (the canals on Mars was said to have been built them), then to Pluto and finally to Earth. York says Earth has been "Visited By Scientifically Advanced Beings From Outer Space Who Taught Us Their Technology." Pharaoh Ramses II was an extraterrestrial.

York claims Jesus was born 26 June, A.D. 7 and died in Egypt in A.D. 127 at the age of 120. Jesus studied inside pyramids. Jesus, Mary, the disciples and all other New Testament figures were black. Jesus was no "Pale Skin Albino." York rejects the ? Birth; the Angel Gabriel is said to have been Jesus' literal father.

http://www.masonicinfo.com/york.htm