ghostdog56
ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
He's giving Haitians a free one way ticket back to Haiti

Miami Herald | MiamiHerald.com

HAITI
NOVEMBER 8, 2016 6:52 PM
U.S. government quietly resumes deportations to Haiti

Port Salut, Haiti, on Oct. 9, 2016, after Hurricane Matthew. Port Salut, Haiti, on Oct. 9, 2016, after Hurricane Matthew. Port Salut, Haiti, on Oct. 9, 2016, after Hurricane Matthew. Port Salut, Haiti, on Oct. 9, 2016, after Hurricane Matthew.
1 of 2 i
BY JACQUELINE CHARLES
jcharles@miamiherald.com

LINKEDIN
GOOGLE+
PINTEREST
REDDIT
PRINT
ORDER REPRINT OF THIS STORY
Despite the continuing aftermath of Hurricane Matthew’s Category 4 fury that left two million Haitians living in precarious conditions, the U.S. government has quietly resumed deportation flights to the storm-ravaged nation after temporarily halting them to give Haiti time to recover.

Several sources including two leading Haiti human rights officials and a spokesman for the Haiti National Police — which is charged with meeting deportees when they are sent back to Haiti — confirmed to the Miami Herald that the flights have resumed. The first flight arrived Thursday in Port-au-Prince with 30 people on board and another flight arrived Tuesday carrying 40.

“These are not criminal deportees but people who went to Brazil and transited through Mexico to San Diego, California,” said Pierre Esperance, executive director of the National Network Defense of Human Rights (RNDDH).

He said the resumption of the flights while Haiti is struggling to rebound after the storm is “unacceptable.”

“Frankly, the American government isn’t showing solidarity with Haiti,” Esperance said. “Haiti is in an extremely complicated situation. You have a hurricane, ongoing flooding, elections that are coming and a bankrupt public treasury....now is not the moment to start repatriating people.”

Haiti National Police Spokesman Gary Desrosiers also confirmed the arrivals of Haitians who he said had been living in Brazil and imprisoned in the U.S. and put in removal proceedings.

It’s been five weeks since Matthew made landfall on Haiti’s southern peninsula, devastating farms, destroying homes and cutting off roads, with 169 communities still inaccessible and more than 1.4 million people in urgent need of humanitarian assistance.

The United Nations, which is struggling to raise $120 million to provide emergency assistance, has called Matthew Haiti’s biggest humanitarian crisis since the country’s Jan. 12, 2010 earthquake. This week, the country suffered new problems with torrential rains in its northern city of Cap-Haitien. At least 10 people were killed as a result of the rain, which has created waist-high flooding in Cap-Haitien.

Days after Matthew, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson announced that the United States would temporarily halt deportation flights to Haiti. He made the announcement just weeks after the U.S. government announced on Sept. 22 that it was ending a six-year moratorium on deportations to Haiti. That decision, immigration officials said, was because of “a sharp increase in the number of Haitian nationals taking dangerous smuggling routes to apply for admission to our country in the San Diego, Calif., area without advance authorization.”

DHS did not respond to repeated emails asking for information about the decision.

Haitian activists in Florida and California, who had been pressing the Obama administration into Tuesday’s U.S. presidential elections to reverse the Sept. 22 deportation policy for Haitians and to allow newly arriving undocumented Haitians the opportunity to work in the United States without the fear of deportation, were for the most part taken by surprise.

Several activists received an email from a San Diego activist over the weekend saying that “DHS has resumed deportations to Haiti,” and there could be two flights a week.

“It’s completely outrageous given the devastation Hurricane Matthew caused and the inability of Haiti to receive deportees,” said Steven Forester, a longtime activist in South Florida’s Haitian community. “The only thing that has changed in Haiti is that the vast devastation affecting two million people in Haiti is no longer in the headlines; that’s the only thing that has changed since they suspended deportations.”

Attorney Randy McGrorty, executive director of Catholic Legal Services, said he and other activists believed that they had assurances from Homeland Security officials that they would not resume deportations without notice.

“No matter which way they do it, it’s wrong and goes against every humanitarian impulse that we as Americans share,” he said. “ It’s very shameful that they would would wait only a month after one of the most devastating natural disasters in the Caribbean since the earthquake and to do it secretly without asking for any feedback from Haitian advocates. It is outrageous.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article113396383.html#storylink=cpy

But this ? is fighting tooth and nail to keep terrorist Syrians and lazy wetbacks here.

gg7nd8vln00a.gif

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Obama lower sentencing for ? offenses to be more consistent with ? offenses. I'd say that was specifically for blacks since the sentencing disparity was basically an attack on blacks.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Obama lower sentencing for ? offenses to be more consistent with ? offenses. I'd say that was specifically for blacks since the sentencing disparity was basically an attack on blacks.

Nah ? stop with the reaching
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who did that benefit primarily then? What other group was hit as bad by the ? epidemic as blacks?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

Who did that benefit primarily then? What other group was hit as bad by the ? epidemic as blacks?

The crackas in bubblefuck who starting catching them mandatory sentences
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen this on a YT channel I visit frequently.

Already knew someone was gonna come in here defending O'Barry and w/ the "but look @ what he's done for us" speech smh.....

So right now we paying for illegal immigrants healthcare and he got ? 's in the WH twerking it up in Tina Turner outfits, but yet I'm supposed to be thankful we got the first black potus. Give it two weeks, matter fact two days and someone will be back w/ the exact same sob speech about his accomplishments for blacks smh.....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/23/us-resumes-deportation-flights-to-haiti/
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought you was going to say....

letting her walk around in tights to receive the xmas tree
    Michelle-Obama-Welcomes-White-House-Christmas-Tree-2016.jpg

Michelle-Obama-Mid-Calf-Boots-November-2016.jpg
  • ghostdog56
    Options

You ? are gullible you know the government always has another trick up their sleeve to put ? in jail. ? is going the way of the dinosaur, heroin is king now. Read this and see what they got planned.

MAJOR FEDERAL ANTI-HEROIN EFFORT COMING TO LOUISVILLE

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Louisville has been chosen for a federal pilot program aimed at combatting heroin and prescription drug abuse and related violent crime.

News outlets report federal and city officials announced Wednesday that Louisville will be part of what the federal Drug Enforcement Administration is calling a “360 Strategy” to curb the opioid crisis. The program is already in place in Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Milwaukee.

Federal funds will be used to form a Heroin Investigation Team that will investigate heroin overdoses as crime scenes. The team will consist of Louisville police detectives and DEA agents.

U.S. Attorney John Kuhn says dealers whose drugs cause overdoses will face a minimum 20-year prison sentence without parole.

Jefferson County had 268 drug overdose deaths last year, more than any other Kentucky county.

Yep you read that right, when Billy and Ashley overdoses on tyrones heroin he gets charged with their murder and gets a mandatory 20 year sentence without parole. I can see the government flooding the streets with tainted drugs so mad ? can get 20 years of SLAVE LABOR

All they did was trade one racially biased law for another so ? that ? you talking

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? .....the ? era is over.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

You ? are gullible you know the government always has another trick up their sleeve to put ? in jail. ? is going the way of the dinosaur, heroin is king now. Read this and see what they got planned.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Louisville has been chosen for a federal pilot program aimed at combatting heroin and prescription drug abuse and related violent crime.

News outlets report federal and city officials announced Wednesday that Louisville will be part of what the federal Drug Enforcement Administration is calling a “360 Strategy” to curb the opioid crisis. The program is already in place in Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Milwaukee.

Federal funds will be used to form a Heroin Investigation Team that will investigate heroin overdoses as crime scenes. The team will consist of Louisville police detectives and DEA agents.

U.S. Attorney John Kuhn says dealers whose drugs cause overdoses will face a minimum 20-year prison sentence without parole.

Jefferson County had 268 drug overdose deaths last year, more than any other Kentucky county.

Yep you read that right, when Billy and Ashley overdoses on tyrones heroin he gets charged with their murder and gets a mandatory 20 year sentence without parole. I can see the government flooding the streets with tainted drugs so mad ? can get 20 years of SLAVE LABOR

All they did was trade one racially biased law for another so ? that ? you talking

Courtesy of (gasp) the war in Afghanistan.

4ot1452300fl.jpg

U.S. government occupies Afghanistan's poppy fields and heroin use rather it be street drugs or prescription increases.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama is done as president. Now we can see what trump will do for black people...
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I wouldn't be surprised if someone in here said Obama had something to do with 911
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Damn I was hoping that he really did do something specific for black people.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LLS interesting comments
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    That sellout Obama probably made them ride in the cargo area. And where did the Clintons foundation money for Haiti go?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

? .....the ? era is over.

? , the ? era ended 15 years before Obama took office.

What does it have to do with a President correcting a racist policy that disproportionately affects Black people?

You may be right but I think it's because ? amongst whites have gone up so that may be the reason for lowering sentencing...

Oh ok.

In 09', a year before the FSA was passed, data showed that 79% of ? offenders were Black...

10% of them were White...

It also reflected a 115 month average imprisonment for ? offenses vs 87 months for ? offenses.

So is systemic racism embedded in the criminal justice system or not?

Which is it?

Because you can't conveiently gnore its existence when it goes against your narrative.

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So first the war on drugs, and the ? epidemic was about black people(which it was), then when sentencing laws are changed, it was about white people? Am I reading this right? Then to top ? off somebody said the ? era was over like the 30 year sentence for 56 grams is? Said it before, and i'll say it again, ? will complain about anything.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yup a ? I know got caught with something and the judge told him he lucky it wasn't heroin or he would have put him under the jail smh
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    That sellout Obama probably made them ride in the cargo area. And where did the Clintons foundation money for Haiti go?

Good question.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    So first the war on drugs, and the ? epidemic was about black people(which it was), then when sentencing laws are changed, it was about white people? Am I reading this right? Then to top ? off somebody said the ? era was over like the 30 year sentence for 56 grams is? Said it before, and i'll say it again, ? will complain about anything.

Why did they change the sentencing laws?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »

Why did they change the sentencing laws?

Probably because they were dispraportionate. A gram of ? was seen as 9x of undone or somethin like that.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    LLS interesting comments

Same faux outrage as always
    Vehemently demanding ""Obama do SOMETHING "specifically" for black people...."

Yet when pressed to give details as to exactly what policy,legislation, law or Executive Order that can be passed that "specifically" benefits black Americans......there's a deafening silence

Free Education?
    Free homes?
    Free cars?
    Free daycare?
    Free guns?
    Make it legal for black people to vote?
    Make it legal for black people to marry?
    Make it legal for black people choose to intended whatever college they wish?
    Make it legal for black people to live in whatever neighborhood they choose?
    Make it legal for black people to be able to start their own business?
    3 million dollar reparations check$ for every black person?

Make illegal to discriminate against black people because of their skin color?
    Make it illegal to discriminate against black people if they choose to marry someone outside their race?
    Make it illegal for police officers to unwarrantable stop & frisk black people?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    And if ALL this was done.

What would stop the next President Administration, which we all know will be Donald Trump with white supremacist ? Steven Bannon in his ear, added to right wing conservatives controlling all 3 branches of the US government (including also the Supreme Court) from turning over and reversing policy,legislation, laws and Executive Order meant only to specifically benefit black people??

^^^^^^
    THAT'S the question I'll like to see addressed by those that feel Obama should tie our plight with the legalities of policy,legislation and Executive Orders that can be easily over turn by the next President

What will we do then do??
    Especially when many us ironically enough actively encourage other black people to NOT participate in political elections and voting........