Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Yes I get to say it before anybody...

"Put a beat on"

Thats something Ebro would say
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly props to both of them for having the confidence and skills to battle after being signed, i miss those days when artist actually lived this hip hop ?

How many new school rappers could just battle on the spot like that?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wasn't Jay supposed to be next to freeway? I heard he set it up.

This was apparently a couple hours after the infamous roc hot97 freestyle.

Freeway is spitting the exact same verse he did on there.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Free was spitting verses from his songs and ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Wasn't Jay supposed to be next to freeway? I heard he set it up.

This was apparently a couple hours after the infamous roc hot97 freestyle.

Freeway is spitting the exact same verse he did on there.

Yea Jigga and swizz set it up

I remember someone in an interview say Jay said Cass wasn't ready for Beans so they put him up against Free
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Cass battle Beans he wouldve never blew up

Any real proof that Cass was coming off the top? He was just an unknown and we all know Philly ? got rhymes for days
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, good ? right here.....My boy was defending Free like crazy after this ? ....
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    If Cass battle Beans he wouldve never blew up

Any real proof that Cass was coming off the top? He was just an unknown and we all know Philly ? got rhymes for days

He wasnt coming off top ? had about 10 rhymes memorized back then for these types of situations and Beans would have got the same bars it probably would have been a better look or just as good because of Beans status and his quality of bars vs a ? of Cassidy status (this was after Cass had that verse where he said even my dog house got a backyard on the swizz song so he was already known for that.)
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From Cassidy about the battle:

“Well, it was just me, him, and Swizz in the studio,” he said. “The Mary J. Blige session. Swizz did the beat. Hov was rapping on it. They wanted to update the song. So, it was me, Swizz, and Jay Z in the studio. After they just got off Hot 97 cyphering and all that. So, Swizz introduced me as like the hottest ? in the street. Hov like ‘What? You ain’t just hear my ? on the radio? I got the hottest ? . What is you talking about?’ Then he looking at me. ‘? , you don’t even look big enough for Beans. You don’t look old enough for Free. What you want me to put you up against Chris, my 16-year-old?’ And he started talking crazy. And at the time, this before I was polished in the industry. I was right from the street. So, I was a little more hot-headed…I was getting a little aggravated. Swizz seen it. So, I’m like ‘? , I don’t give a ? who you call. You can call all them ? . I’ll crush any of them ? . I don’t give a ? who you call.’
  • bears2248
    bears2248 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
    L3NU wrote: »
    Honestly props to both of them for having the confidence and skills to battle after being signed, i miss those days when artist actually lived this hip hop ?

How many new school rappers could just battle on the spot like that?

If they are a battle rapper they can.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should have tapped the forearm for the relief pitcher, this ? will always be a brutal classic
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love how cass start off cool in every verse then get to bitin this ? head off.