Curren$y - Pilot Talk

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Essence
currency-304x304.jpg

This album is making a buzz on other forums, anyone had the chance to listen to it? Thoughts?

Here's the video for one of his tracks:

Comments

• AbleAndReckless
    AbleAndReckless Members Posts: 33
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bought the album few days after it dropped. Heard a few of his tracks on AHH, downloaded the mixtapes and ended up diggin the dudes music. Come a long way from 30,000 ft. to what Pilot Talk sounds like.

Spitta isn't on some super lyrical ? like Talib Mos or Nas, which is normally what I'm into, but something about his delivery and the choice of beats has got me into his music.

I ? with every single track on Pilot Talk with the exception of The Hangover.

I like the fact that he just spits how he's living ("xbox web browser, downloader, updated NBA roster, play 82 game season, condo full of snacks Spitta not leaving"). What other rapper would think to rap about playing Nintendo DS and eating swiss cheese on ritz crackers!? ? 's original to say the least.

Breakfast is one the most phenomenal feel-good songs I've heard in awhile. I just about ? bricks when I heard Curren$y paying homage to Aquemini in the hook to Prioritize. I can zone to Address like no other.

Over all it's one of the best albums in 2010 at this point, and I bet it'll be one of the most slept on.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Over all it's one of the best albums in 2010 at this point, and I bet it'll be one of the most slept on.

You ain't lie... to me, may become a future weed classic
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    word pilot talk is a dope record. prolly the most slept on album of 2010!!!
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is whats poppin' in The Essense?
    Either way dope album...
    Ski Group Home'd Curren$y on this ? though..
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bought the album few days after it dropped. Heard a few of his tracks on AHH, downloaded the mixtapes and ended up diggin the dudes music. Come a long way from 30,000 ft. to what Pilot Talk sounds like.

Spitta isn't on some super lyrical ? like Talib Mos or Nas, which is normally what I'm into, but something about his delivery and the choice of beats has got me into his music.

I ? with every single track on Pilot Talk with the exception of The Hangover.

I like the fact that he just spits how he's living ("xbox web browser, downloader, updated NBA roster, play 82 game season, condo full of snacks Spitta not leaving"). What other rapper would think to rap about playing Nintendo DS and eating swiss cheese on ritz crackers!? ? 's original to say the least.

Breakfast is one the most phenomenal feel-good songs I've heard in awhile. I just about ? bricks when I heard Curren$y paying homage to Aquemini in the hook to Prioritize. I can zone to Address like no other.

The best review of the album, i've seen on here.
    Yeah, i agree .. "The Hangover" is the only track i wasn't feeling at all .. automatic skip track, IMO
  • PlatinumStylez
    PlatinumStylez Members Posts: 383
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tha joint wit styles p is ? crazy, that's like one of the best beats of 2010, tha joint with jay electronica is dope too. I wasn't a big fan before I bought this album but now I am. Tha fact that most of the production is live instruments make the album even more dope.
  • Giacalone
    Giacalone Members Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    New Cats Im looking forward to hearing more from:

1. Curren$y
    2. Yelawolf
    3. Shane Capone
    4. J. Cole
    5. Slim Da Mobster
  • Deckster
    Deckster Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i thnik jet files was better...but pilot talk stays on repeat
  • pinyapplesuckas
    pinyapplesuckas Members Posts: 58
    edited September 2010
    Options
    never bumped spitta before, even tho i remember him from his no limit days and knew about his affiliations later on with wayne/wiz. i wasnt checkin for him tho

i ? with pilot talk heavy tho. dope cd.
  • mattik
    mattik Members Posts: 226
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'd been aware of currensy but i never really got around to listening to him til this album dropped and i heard good things. big fan now, i been bumpin this album and his old tapes like crazy. i've had a chill ass summer, just mad weed, drinkin and girls.. and i'm a sneakerhead.. so i'm relating to currensy's music more than anybody right now.