Record Labels: One Of Em's Gotta Go - Death Row, Bad Boy, No Limit, Rocafella

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    I see what's goin on, this must be the who can say the most ridiculous ? thread. I got one, Blinky Blink is the greatest rapper to ever pick up the mic

f5657ea6e8a5225a9c0c692817d5bf5c-micdrop07.gif

Vote or Die!!
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    Music wise? Easy.

That High 4 Xmas album gets played tho.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Death Row
    No Limit was printing their on money. At the time No Limit artist were getting paid more than artist on Bad Boy and most of the major record companies in the game.

You can really tell when folks started listening to rap music smh. To not understand the impact of the game when No Limit would release music. Most of the time, ? was selling records without having 2 and 3 videos played on TV or having singles played on the radio.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row
    @_goldie_,

what are you talking about

what is outlandish
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No Limit
    Say this out loud.

No Snoop
    No Dre
    No Pac

No ?
    No Chronic
    No AEOM
    No 7 Day Theory

We lost Dre's production but we just couldn't part with beats by the pound, it was a no win situation :'(

We lost 2pac and his top 5 catalog with 3 classics... :'( But there's a silver lining in that cloud, at least Mr Serve on and Silkk made it to grace us with their off beat flows for all eternity......And that's blessing from the gods. And hey, no pac, lets move forward with a ? who tried with everything in his power to sound like Pac for an entire album at the height of his label's success. :'( Yea, let's do that.

Get the ? outta here.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    No Limit
    No Limit was printing their on money. At the time No Limit artist were getting paid more than artist on Bad Boy and most of the major record companies in the game.

You can really tell when folks started listening to rap music smh. To not understand the impact of the game when No Limit would release music. Most of the time, ? was selling records without having 2 and 3 videos played on TV or having singles played on the radio.

Those albums aged like Barbra Bush tho bruh.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Death Row
    Lefty_ wrote: »

Like ? still pulling up/out and riding around bumping "The Chronic" and "? " dude stop.

• AP21
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Death Row
    AP21 wrote: »
    @_goldie_,

what is outlandish

Are we talking about the music or business? If we're talking about business then yea, P was on his ? .

But MUSIC? NL doesn't even have an album ? with Dogg Food, let alone The Chronic, ? or Pac's albums.

well to me, the topic in the first place is vague af, b/c its open too much to personal interpretation

musically, i agree, no limit music is definitely an acquired taste and not all of their catalog has aged well

but then there is the business aspect and they are second to none

now if your position is a perspective that takes both into consideration, then thats one thing, but if people keep spouting ? like "man silkk was wack, etc..." then thats not a complete picture of their impact
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    WTF, ? bump ? all the ? time lol All eyez on Me? Killuminati? What?

I'm an east coast ? , I have no bias towards the west or south, but this comparison is ridiculous.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Death Row
    Pac albums, I give you that.

But, I refuse to believe ? are out here bumping "The Chronic" and "? " nah homie. may be, but I refuse to believe that ? .
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @_goldie_,

what is outlandish

Are we talking about the music or business? If we're talking about business then yea, P was on his ? .

But MUSIC? NL doesn't even have an album ? with Dogg Food, let alone The Chronic, ? or Pac's albums.

well to me, the topic in the first place is vague af, b/c its open too much to personal interpretation

musically, i agree, no limit music is definitely an acquired taste and not all of their catalog has aged well

now if your position is a perspective that takes both into consideration, then thats one thing, but if people keep spouting ? like "man silkk was wack, etc..." then thats not a complete picture of their impact

Silk is wack tho lol

The title is "one has to go" , I'm not keepin NL around cuz P was generous with the money for his wack ass artists. I care about the music ? , the music leaving means more to me, Idc that silk made an extra mill in the process lol
  • AP21
    Options
    Death Row
    @_goldie_,

what is outlandish

Silk is wack tho lol

The title is "one has to go" , I'm not keepin NL around cuz P was generous with the money for his wack ass artists. I care about the music ? , the music leaving means more to me, Idc that silk made an extra mill in the process lol

i can dig it

preciate the perspective fam
  • Lefty_
    Options
    No Limit

Like ? still pulling up/out and riding around bumping "The Chronic" and "? " dude stop.

So you mean to tell me ? still out here bumpin skull duggery? Matter of fact, Search any no limit album on the IC and see how much it gets mentioned, search the chronic and ? on the same search bar and see how much they get mentioned..... No limit albums stopped being relevant as soon as the next one dropped.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rocafella
    this thread was made just to ? on no limit
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Boy
    ? love the Chronic album but hate that drake has Ghost Writers.

How Sway
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? love the Chronic album but hate that drake has Ghost Writers.

How Sway

Cuz Dre never hide that he had ghostwriters
  • Lefty_
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No Limit
    this thread was made just to ? on no limit

No limit's business model > No Limit's music.

Put out mostly mediocre to bad work, and move it quick, your run might not be long, but you'll come up fast because you got it all day in a drought. After pac and big died, there was a hole in hip hop(drought) no limit filled the hole til hip hop found another wave to jump on... DMX and the rise of Rocafella along with eminem breaking barriers... Nobody cared about no limit after 1998.

Basically no limit was sellin whip cause it wasn't much good work out here.... P had great timing.
    I'm bout to pick up where I left off
    Like when cuz used to front me that whip
    Got it the hell off
    Took that ? to the block and went the hell off
    it even left a scent in my jeans can't get the smell off
    and to move this you gotta be quick cause it'll melt off
    and you stuck wit egg nog in a bag and it won't sell off
  • AP21
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Death Row

So you mean to tell me ? still out here bumpin skull duggery? Matter of fact, Search any no limit album on the IC and see how much it gets mentioned, search the chronic and ? on the same search bar and see how much they get mentioned..... No limit albums stopped being relevant as soon as the next one dropped.

Come on dude

Mystikal Unpredictable album ran 97 here in the south
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Boy
    @_goldie_,

what is outlandish

Silk is wack tho lol

When you gone vote though?
  • Lefty_
    Options
    No Limit

Come on dude

Mystikal Unpredictable album ran 97 here in the south

? and Chronic ran here in the country......Levels.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Limit
    Death row easily.Besides the chronic and 7 day theory anything they dropped was utter trash

?
    Above the rim soundtrack
    All Eyez On Me

The thing about all these albums is that they are considered classics!

These others got "great" albums

Rocafella has arguably 3 classics
    Bad boy has one or two. And I'm not familiar enough with no limits albums.

But Deathrow got a couple albums in the rolling Stones top 50 of all time

dont forget Dogg Food..

and Doggfather aged pretty gracefully if u ask me..

2ceg951.jpg

WAT that album trash get your dickridin ass outta here

i thought so too myself growin up..
    and i aint say its a classic.. jus that it sounds better to me now that im older..

cause recently i downloaded snoop's discography and some of them songs pop up on the shuffle when im ridin and them ? go..

but ud probably need a car to understand the feeling..
    a nice car wit a nice sound system ridin in some nice weather..

u wouldnt know nothin about that..

and ur STILL an idiot.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Rocafella
    I picked the ROC but then I remember Kanye was a Roc member.

My next pick was Bad Boy.

Jail really killed alot of No Limit members careers. C-murder, Mystikal, and MAC. Soulja Slim died and Currensy never really popped until afterwards.

Add on No Limit had clothes, movies, TV shows, all kinds of ? .