NEW the lox album! Dec 16 called filthy America (it's beautiful)!

Options
12346»

Comments

• slickwatts
    slickwatts Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Options
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Iiiiighttt.Sheek about to rip this joint duke been the best lox spitter

Can't believe I agree with you but you right

Sheek been the Nicest for a minute!

And as far as the album it's the best drop this whole year. Everything fire except for that "Omen" joint (? got too weird for me)

Been bumping "Savior" non stop
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2016
    Options
    These group thinkin buffoons runnin with the cliche replies about sheek being the weakest he shined on this album

styles sayin ' I'm the illest ? to live since big/I got faith' :/ FOH.Styles BEEN the weakest and jada low key sucks yea I said it

I think ? just like Styles street rep and Jada voice so it turns into a popularity contest when cats be saying so and so is the best in the Lox. Sheek outspit both guys bar for bar on almost literally every song on this album and these reason cats will still sit here and say he the wackest. It make zero sense to me. Anybody wit ears that's honest knows sheek been outspitin both kiss and styles for years now.
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It's cool....definitely could've been better. 3rd Sermon might be better than this. But I can bump 7 joints on this. 7 out of 10 ain't bad

But compared to that Classic Lox ? , yea it's disappointed....especially since they have 3 tracks catering to todays sound.

They in a no win situation where you said the bolded

Had they not had some ? to cater to today you same cats would come in here and say ? like

"Awh man...the ? sounds too dated"

• DR. JEK
    Options
    Move forward is dope too
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THIS ALBUM DELIVERED
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    These group thinkin buffoons runnin with the cliche replies about sheek being the weakest he shined on this album

styles sayin ' I'm the illest ? to live since big/I got faith' :/ FOH.Styles BEEN the weakest and jada low key sucks yea I said it

I think ? just like Styles street rep and Jada voice so it turns into a popularity contest when cats be saying so and so is the best in the Lox. Sheek outspit both guys bar for bar on almost literally every song on this album and these reason cats will still sit here and say he the wackest. It make zero sense to me. Anybody wit ears that's honest knows sheek been outspitin both kiss and styles for years now.

Sheek raw no doubt, but that ? dont be rhymin sometimes, and you cant even say he got mean 16s, check his albums, he got mean 12s..
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lukewarm. Didn't like Omen, Agreement or Secure the bag. Like Filthy America, the Premo song and the song where they talk about the Trick Trick beef.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pleasantly surprised with this album. There are a few skippable tracks, but overall it's a good album.

I'm happy that both the LOX and Game have been able to successfully drop new albums without straying away from their styles. It proves that the old heads can still bring it. I'm hoping that X can drop a new banger also.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Listened to it a few times. I was hype when I saw this was coming out. As a fan, I'm highly disappointed. I only like 3 maybe 4 tracks and that's being generous.

Exactly how I felt...also why are Fetty Wap and Gucci on a ? LOX album, on two different songs...I mean if u gonna feature them ? put em on one song n get that ? out the way at once...another thing I picked up on...this album sound like a sheek louch featuring styles n Jadakiss joint. Not sure if that makes any sense to anyone, but that's how it sounded...oh well...I still got "we are the streets" personal classic
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

He's actually been low key out spitting them since day 1....yea jada has the punchlines and mean 16 but he sounds the same in every song.i think sheek is the the most complete MC of 3 of them.