Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS Light (February 10th, 2017)

Options

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We been known not to go into this project with high expectations, I post that back in December, but did ? seriously not heed his word?? Hell, after those terrible first two singles I'm actually shocked at how much I dig it. Not top 3 Lupe album but dope nonetheless
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We been known not to go into this project with high expectations, I post that back in December, but did ? seriously not heed his word?? Hell, after those terrible first two singles I'm actually shocked at how much I dig it. Not top 3 Lupe album but dope nonetheless

I feel the same way. ? knew what time it was.

It's better than Lasers and notch below from Food & Liquor 2.

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    I'm a hip-hop head through and through. I mean, lyrics and lyricism will always be my priority wit rap. So I feel like it's crazy for me to say that I much rather listen to Migos' project over Lupe and Sean's, but I truly feel like that. And it's not even my favorite project from them. Smh. Lol. *shrug*

I'm sure someone is gonna come through and crush the buildings sooner or later, but Drogas Light ain't the project to do it. He needs to put out Drogas tomorrow, G.dammit.

Anybody notice Lupe sounds like Quavo, on Promise. I always thought Offset sound a little like Lupe. And Offset and Quavo have a similar sound some I guess it makes sense. Also you can listen to the album on dat piff right now.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    b3pmrclkfdbq.png

Bruh... When was this ? "beefing” with Drake?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeh Ima go with a "that's a reach"
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i enjoyed the first 10 tracks
    i refuse to acknowledge the last 4
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    i enjoyed the first 10 tracks
    i refuse to acknowledge the last 4

Nah, the last song is dope bruh. But otherwise I agree
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK why Lupe likes to bunch up these pop tracks consecutively,he did the same with food and liquor 2.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The other 4 sucks but I could actually get jiggy to its not design
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is whack as ? . If Lupes aim was to lower my expectations for Drogas proper, mission accomplished.
  • Listencloser
    Options
    I'm a hip-hop head through and through. I mean, lyrics and lyricism will always be my priority wit rap. So I feel like it's crazy for me to say that I much rather listen to Migos' project over Lupe and Sean's, but I truly feel like that. And it's not even my favorite project from them. Smh. Lol. *shrug*

I'm sure someone is gonna come through and crush the buildings sooner or later, but Drogas Light ain't the project to do it. He needs to put out Drogas tomorrow, G.dammit.

Trump effect in this ? . How ? Migos make a more interesting album?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legit question - would i be missing anything if I just skip this and wait for Drogas?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    The other 4 sucks but I could actually get jiggy to its not design

That's the disco track right... That ? was kinda catchy
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , ? . You tell me. Lupe was onto something with the first half of the joint, then, for no apparent reason, was just like, "? it. Lemme give these ? Lasers 2." Because Lasers was so damn successful. Smh.

Hopefully, his redemption is Drogas.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'NGL'..... vintage Lupe

I'm ? with the album... so far 3 tracks in so far

Y'all are better fans than I am. I hardly know of these other 'albums' y'all are name dropping...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Legit question - would i be missing anything if I just skip this and wait for Drogas?

Bruh... How the hell would we know!? Lol
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like this album pretty progressive
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8/10 (B)

A lot of catchy songs and it felt like a big club/trap music album, so I somewhat feel guilty for enjoying it, only because I know Lupe can do better than this. And that's what I'm expecting on the other two albums.

On a few of these songs, I think he was having too much fun mocking the trap/Drake-type singing rappers. Creative dumb-down album. LOL!
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    listening now....not really feelin it. Feels hella pop/radio
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Listencloser
    Options

? , ? . You tell me. Lupe was onto something with the first half of the joint, then, for no apparent reason, was just like, "? it. Lemme give these ? Lasers 2." Because Lasers was so damn successful. Smh.

But the first half wasn't even ironic like Chopper. Legit the only cuts I dig is Jump and Tranquillo.
  • Listencloser
    Options

But the first half wasn't even ironic like Chopper. Legit the only cuts I dig is Jump and Tranquillo.