Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in The Reason
Vote Or Die!!!

MC Ren vs D.O.C. 35 votes

MC Ren
28%
lion_heartillestni99ainneCleveland7venty6_God_trilladelicbears22485 GrandZirconiumsmp4lifeTsotsi Cape Town 10 votes
D.O.C.
71%
southsil4lilthe ghostd.greendouble0sugeDarthRozayTHE_R_P. Townbigbird_1moyoStewBDBIIDJerfyTBuilt 4 cuban linxLou Cypher32DaysOfInfinitiSoloman_The_Wise$tayRichROLLINRawAceYapatnaJBAggieLean. 25 votes

Comments

• Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MC Ren
    Ren's best moments were in a group.

The D.O.C shined solo, and then with his ghost writing.

Not fair to compare. But if im leaving a comment, i gotta vote or else im a ? ass ? .

So imma break it down with a fact. Since the last "just dont bite it" girls dont know how to act. Saying that they never would suck a ? but when they tried it they couldnt quit cuz 90% of the ? today they love that ? .

-M.C Ren-
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    D.O.C.
    DOC has a classic album, end of discussion. Plus had the accident not happened everyone knows he would of had more gems & probably been a bigger star.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    MC Ren
    grYmes wrote: »
    DOC has a classic album, end of discussion. Plus had the accident not happened everyone knows he would of had more gems & probably been a bigger star.

Not quite. No One Can Do It Better was a classic album, but not because of the rhymes, it was the beats.

Without Dr Dre D.O.C. would have been just another rapper.

Having said that, No One Can Do It Better was indeed a classic.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    D.O.C.
    5 Grand wrote: »

Not quite. No One Can Do It Better was a classic album, but not because of the rhymes, it was the beats.

? is a complete album, more nonsense from you. Same guy that said Dre makes "rap" beats but theyre not "Hip hop" .
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.O.C.

The beats indeed made the album but you can't take anything from D.O.C. lyrically. He still killed it with the witty punchlines & wordplay. I like Ren too but his solo ? a mixed bag.

I'd rather have one classic to my name than a bunch of so-so EPs/LPs any day.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.O.C.
    no one can do it better!
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ren was wack out of nwa. man when that ? first album came out this ? at work told me that ? was cold....i got high and listened to it and that ? gave me a headache. my headache was so bad that i had to go buy another sack cause that ? music made that sack ? af after that.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MC Ren
    The Kizz My Black Azz EP was classic to me.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.O.C.
    Beats made the album???

No One Can Do It Better is damn near flawless top to bottom

A true hip hop masterpiece

? yo self
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.O.C.
    Im a huge MC Ren fan. He was def underrated but even DOCs album Helter Skelter with his post accident voice ? on any Ren solo

DOC truely may have been top 5 DOA if he never got in that car.

A great talent wastef
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.O.C.

LOL so what would Ren have been without dre?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    MC Ren

Mind Blown - MC Ren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1i0ri0XvE
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

This one is going to require a good deal of thought. I really am a fan of both of them.

First reaction I have to admit I was leaning toward D.O.C. but damn the villain in black is my ? .

I'll vote later.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MC Ren
    Ren never got the respect he deserved especially during NWA's run. So ? underrated.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.O.C.
    Ren had ? rhymes about ? 14 year old girls.
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.O.C.

Mind Blown - MC Ren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1i0ri0XvE

Lls not impressed
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all do realize D.o.c. helped ren with some verses on NWA albums?....Doc wasn't just writing for eazy.....ren wrote mainly on EZ Diz It though
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    D.O.C.
    D.O.C. WITHOUT QUESTION...

NOT ONLY IS HE BETTER (PUN FULLY INTENDED), BUT HE WAS THE AUTHOR OF REN'S RHYMES TOO AT ONE POINT...
  • smp4life
    Options
    MC Ren
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Y'all do realize D.o.c. helped ren with some verses on NWA albums?....Doc wasn't just writing for eazy.....ren wrote mainly on EZ Diz It though

No, no, no. You're going to have to prove that. Nobody wrote for Ren or Cube. Dre and Eazy's verses were written by Cube, Ren and/or D.O.C.
  • smp4life
    Options
    MC Ren
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    D.O.C. WITHOUT QUESTION...

NOT ONLY IS HE BETTER (PUN FULLY INTENDED), BUT HE WAS THE AUTHOR OF REN'S RHYMES TOO AT ONE POINT...

Proof?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.O.C.
    Ren for sure underrated and has some good solo stuff, but I like no one can do it better more than any Ren solo project.