Martin Shkreli claims he paid big money for Lil Wayne’s unreleased ‘The Carter V’ album

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
shkreli24f-1-web.jpg
Hey Mr. Carter, Martin Shkreli has an offer for you.

Pharma bro Shkreli — who drastically raised the cost of the life-saving drug Daraprim from $13.50 to $750 — announced on Periscope Friday that his latest purchase is the still-unreleased fifth studio album by rapper Lil Wayne.

Shkreli would not reveal how much he paid, noting “that’s between me and the seller.”

The "Hey Mr. Carter" artist was scheduled to debut the long-awaited album "Tha Carter V" in Oct. 2014, but was stalled by an ongoing legal battle with his former label Cash Money Records, which is headed by his ex-friend Birdman.

"To all my fans, I want u to know that my album won't and hasn't been released bekuz Baby & Cash Money Rec. refuse to release it," Weezy wrote in 2014.

Back in September, Birdman claimed Lil Wayne had the master recording for the album. It was also reported that Wayne would never release it on the internet for free, sources told TMZ.

Shkreli then played an unheard Lil Wanye track during his Persicope recording and claimed it was from "Carter V," but viewers were skeptical.

"I dont know if I can believe martin shkreli bought the Carter 5. I mean of course he played an unheard weezy song but don't mean its carter5," one user wrote.

Shkreli previously made headlines for purchasing Wu-Tang's "Once upon a Time in Shaolin" for $2 million around this time last year.

A rep for Lil Wayne did not immediately respond to a Daily News request for comment.
https://www.nydailynews.com/amp/entertainment/music/martin-shkreli-claims-purchased-lil-wayne-carter-v-article-1.2921554

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2mil for a washed wayne album almost as Ludicrous as his blm rant smh auto correct almost had me ? and used Chris bridges stage name
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't pay $9.99 for that ?

L
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a rich scumbag fanboy/ closet racist/attention ? ...

What you expect from this clown?
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a waste of money. Wouldnt buy the ? if it was on a rack at the 99cent store
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk if this is a smart move for weezy or a dumb one
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why he not trolling cacs like this ..... bring that ? to Zuckerberg and watch big bank take little bank
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Why he not trolling cacs like this ..... bring that ? to Zuckerberg and watch big bank take little bank

Why u say he trolling? From what I understand he likes getting unheard music from artist. An has a very wide range music catalog of unheard music from the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson and now Wu-tang...etc
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this is the new trend now? make an album but never let the fans hear it? Jay Elec has a lot to answer for!
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shkreli gon buy Wayne contract.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love to have a rare music collection.
  • MECCA1000
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

Why u say he trolling? From what I understand he likes getting unheard music from artist. An has a very wide range music catalog of unheard music from the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson and now Wu-tang...etc

I haven't heard about those other artists ...... where is he threatening to release their music
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't heard about those other artists ...... where is he threatening to release their music

U haven't heard of those other artist cuz it was before the whole "raise the prices on drugs" ? he pulled if it wasn't for that folks wouldn't know who he was or care that he bought wu-tang album. He'd just be another "rich privileged white boy" to us. Crazy thing is Ghostface wouldn't even have said anything bad abt dude if it wasn't for that drug ? . People don't like him cause he enjoys playing the bad guy, doesnt back down an isn't sorry abto what he does. An I actually like the guy cause he ain't acting like a punk ? . Ghost clapped at him after dude already bought the album like ? how u gonna be mad at the man for buying some ? u agreed and participated in. Then when white boy clap back ? mad lol like df he supposed to do let ghost just talk down on him foh with that. Blame the artist they setting prices playing highest bidder and he bidding simple and plain
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Think how many rich dudes like him have a private collection? Lol
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Idk if this is a smart move for weezy or a dumb one

Smart if he can still release it when the ? with Birdman is sorted out.

He would never make 2 million from that album if it dropped today.
  • MECCA1000
    Options

U haven't heard of those other artist cuz it was before the whole "raise the prices on drugs" ? he pulled if it wasn't for that folks wouldn't know who he was or care that he bought wu-tang album. He'd just be another "rich privileged white boy" to us. Crazy thing is Ghostface wouldn't even have said anything bad abt dude if it wasn't for that drug ? . People don't like him cause he enjoys playing the bad guy, doesnt back down an isn't sorry abto what he does. An I actually like the guy cause he ain't acting like a punk ? . Ghost clapped at him after dude already bought the album like ? how u gonna be mad at the man for buying some ? u agreed and participated in. Then when white boy clap back ? mad lol like df he supposed to do let ghost just talk down on him foh with that. Blame the artist they setting prices playing highest bidder and he bidding simple and plain
    He made a video telling Ghost he has goons ...... you don't think he's trolling ...... smh

He tweeted that he got Wayne album ....... Wayne didn't start this .... and you don't think dude trolling

Nah bruh ...... if dude only had 3 followers of Twitter and said he has unreleased music from Michael Jackson that he's thinking about leaking ..... I'll bet my house that the news of this would have made it to the IC without his drug prices raise. Now, regardless of all that ...... the lil Wayne album wasn't even for sale ...... I don't care how much money you have or how much you like music ...... do you really believe that this cac is into Wayne music like that?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I like this ? idgaf attitude it gets ppl tight
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone needs to hack this guys computer
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol yeah ok, Probably sold that dude some bootlegged leftover music that was never intended to come out at all and just put tha Carter 5 title with it, same ? wu Tang did. ? out here getting ripped off and bragging about it
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he did this will help baby come up with that 70mil
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? reminds me of Chapelles black hostage joke. Homie gunna try the troll the internet like:

"Hello i got Lil Wayne Carter Fiv....hello!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32OX1E59nA8
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's starving for attention why do we keep his name relevant?