Law Of Attraction?

Options
Preach2Teach
Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
The law of attraction is the name given to the maxim "like attracts like" which in New Thought philosophy is used to sum up the idea that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts a person brings positive or negative experiences into their life. This belief is based upon the idea that people and their thoughts are both made from "pure energy", and the belief that like energy attracts like energy.

So is it possible for me to think myself into becoming what I want to become?

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @reesey can tell you alot she is an expert
  • Reesey
    Reesey Members Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The law of attraction is the name given to the maxim "like attracts like" which in New Thought philosophy is used to sum up the idea that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts a person brings positive or negative experiences into their life. This belief is based upon the idea that people and their thoughts are both made from "pure energy", and the belief that like energy attracts like energy.

So is it possible for me to think myself into becoming what I want to become?

Absolutely
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My friends believe in this idk if I do
  • Reesey
    Reesey Members Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My friends believe in this idk if I do

Unlike the preachings/teachings of religion, it works whether you acknowledge/believe it or not.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's really simple, the less you think about what you want to happen, the less likely that it will happen because you will be doing other unrelated (probably counter productive) things.

No hocus pocus, just stay consistent, establish a vision and focus on it and the steps to accomplish it will become ever more apparent as you progress. Write things down, make tasks and hold yourself to them, even if they are minute.

Every day, spend an hour or more focusing on your dream and after a month, you will be shocked at how much you have accomplished, after a year your will be satisfied with how far you have come. Take days off, or think that its not worth it, and it wont be, nothing will happen but what is currently happening to you.

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It true but takes longer to manifest in physical form. Plus there is no good or bad. The version most people know about is the watered down version
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reesey wrote: »
    I have followed "New Thought", Law of Attraction etc for many years.

Here are a few books that may assist with your questions and/or gathering additional information.
    1. The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles.
    2. The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
    3. Abundance NOW by Lisa Nichols
    4. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
    5. Thoughts are Things by Prentice Mulford
    6. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
    7. Phenomenology of the Spirit by G.W.F Hegel. - This book can be laborious to read. I wouldn't recommend it for the new reader, as it may leave you with more questions than answers. But once you have gained a better understanding, perhaps you can have a look see.

Ooooooh Lawwwwwwd!!!!!

Shifting momentum post
    Inspirational post
    We need mo' sistas like this for ? 's sake!!!

Amen
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reesey wrote: »
    I have followed "New Thought", Law of Attraction etc for many years.

Here are a few books that may assist with your questions and/or gathering additional information.
    1. The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles.
    2. The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
    3. Abundance NOW by Lisa Nichols
    4. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
    5. Thoughts are Things by Prentice Mulford
    6. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
    7. Phenomenology of the Spirit by G.W.F Hegel. - This book can be laborious to read. I wouldn't recommend it for the new reader, as it may leave you with more questions than answers. But once you have gained a better understanding, perhaps you can have a look see.

Phrenology of the mind?!? Man you guys are mental giants what am I doing n this site?!?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well its not as simple as just sitting around wishing for stuff to manifest to you.
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So how am I suppose to attract and get with a decent woman
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Believe that ?

Be irrational if it's necessary

I accomplished everything I wanted to in 2016 through pure obsession and determination
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Believe that ?

I accomplished everything I wanted to in 2016 through pure obsession and determination

Could you eXplain the "be irrational" part?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

stop thinking with ur eyes
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so what are you suppose to think with? your ? ? n/h. but on the real how am i suppose to accomplish this too?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »

so what are you suppose to think with? your ? ? n/h. but on the real how am i suppose to accomplish this too?

thinking with your eyes, you will follow what's fine and not what will make you happy. a chick with a good body or pretty doesn't equal happiness.

no matter how you try to spin it
  • Splackavelli
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »

.....Stop being a fucknigga that's how B)
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    "......The power of positive ? . You oughta be clinching your ? muscles with my aunt!"

-Franklin Clinton gtav.
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Believe that ?

Could you eXplain the "be irrational" part?

Like if you REALLY tryna do something that would be beneficial for you suffer for now. Give up something that can give you why you need to do more