Do yall believe in karma?

Options
farris2k1
farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seen a "karmas a ? " post on my fb today from a dude that got robbed and i got to thinkin, im 50/50 on it, too many ppl doin foul ? and nothin happens to them, but ive also seen the exact opposite ppl doin dirt and they get caught up immediatly "instant karma" or doin something good and have good happen to you..but it could easily be all coincidence, what do yall think?

Comments

• twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options
    To answer the question in short...yes... Although my thoughts/curiosities/theories on it go much deeper than that...

As far as the other aspects of it that you mentioned... I just look at it as, we don't know, or get to determine when/how karma will come back on anybody.....including ourselves...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Most people have no idea what karma is.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why do ppl always assume karma as a bad thing?

could karma come back to me cuz I do good?

is the first thing I do wrong or have a bad time considered karma to anyone I did wrong when I was in the 3rd grade as well as anyone I did wrong in the 8th and in adult hood?

how about bad ? happens and if you wait long enough you will see it. but is it karma or just bad timing?

I think people want people to go thru bad ? because they felt wronged. an the word gives them vindication.

can I say the mother Teresa met karma? cuz she died?

can I say Jesus met karma cuz he was tortured before ascention?

think about this carefully.

what kinda person are you to wish it on someone.

you just as bad as the person you wishing it on.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

is the first thing I do wrong or have a bad time considered karma to anyone I did wrong when I was in the 3rd grade as well as anyone I did wrong in the 8th and in adult hood?

how about bad ? happens and if you wait long enough you will see it. but is it karma or just bad timing?

I think people want people to go thru bad ? because they felt wronged. an the word gives them vindication.

Who and what the ? are talking about

I'm on my positive ? right now...but you wanna fight ? ? I can make an excuse. punk ass ? .

I
    ok....I'm cool.

just day how karma is ? an anything think bad can be considered karma cuz a mad ? waiting for anything bad to happen to say aha.

so you want hands or what ? .

next year I'm on positive...you got a small window for me to control when you fall asleep ? .

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm on my positive ? right now...but you wanna fight ? ? I can make an excuse. punk ass ? .

I
    ok....I'm cool.

just day how karma is ? an anything think bad can be considered karma cuz a mad ? waiting for anything bad to happen to say aha.

next year I'm on positive...you got a small window for me to control when you fall asleep ? .

Wtf??? But anyways karma can be good, karma is basically you get what you put out, you do good ? you get it back in return, and vice versa
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

I
    ok....I'm cool.

q5ieb2m4v2lw.gif
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karma is just energy conservation, like I said in the other thread

It can be good or bad, it maintains long term equilibrium
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karma is not cause and effect in the terminology that we are saying karma is not what karma truly is in the verdic text.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its ?
    We can attribute any negative situation to karma, take your pick. How do you determine what negative event has been recompense
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe that you reap what you sow but karma that's some other s***
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What magic do some people have that karma is warded away?
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Seen a "karmas a ? " post on my fb today from a dude that got robbed and i got to thinkin, im 50/50 on it, too many ppl doin foul ? and nothin happens to them, but ive also seen the exact opposite ppl doin dirt and they get caught up immediatly "instant karma" or doin something good and have good happen to you..but it could easily be all coincidence, what do yall think?

Ultimately don't believe in it. Actually, kinda get mad at people who do...especially if they try to tie it to something in the bible BECAUSE the bible doesn't subscribe to it. Basically, I believe if you are in a small social circle and you do certain things that are very likely to bring you back a certain response then yes eventually someone will inevitably try or succeed in rewarding or punishing you. It's not karma if I smack you and you smack me back. It's called the ramifications of what's likely to happen if everyone knows I did something or that I am a certain way and people determining when or if they want to respond back to me and how.
    Good ? happens to bad folks and bad stuff can happen to good people and good stuff can happen to good people and bad stuff to bad people. If you do plenty of bad then consequences of bad stuff happening to you are raised NOT promised and maybe the same is true for good BUT again that's not karma. That's more like you reap what you sow.
    If I lie a lot and people decide not to believe me when I tell the truth. That's not karma, that's just the result of my actions.
    I know y'all know what karma is, but I'm just stating how something is also constantly confused for being karma when it ain't
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe certain things can come back to bite you in the ass, but as far as some supernatural power that repays the wrongs of others... absolutely not.

I don't believe in the actually definition of karma simply because I don't believe in reincarnation. And idgaf about reincarnation cause if I can't remember my past life, idgaf.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sometimes I do sometimes I dont.... I see too many bd folk doing well andtoo many good folk having terrible ? happen to them in life with no ? given.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda..u put out good vibes ur likely to get good vibes in return. Doesn't mean bad ? won't happen to u.

I hate when religious blk folks do good things just to "get their blessings". How about being the blessing and not worry if u don't get anything in return?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As the world turns...

I believe if you do foul ? to another or other humans, foul ? comes back to you... no matter how long it takes
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    The energy you put into something is usually the energy you get back from that or something of similar circumstantial value. That imo is karma.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah

as a few have stated, I believe it's more about energy

Law of attraction: if you exude positive energy & you're around others w/ positivity, positive things happen... & vice versa

even if you're being as positive as possible but you're around too much negative energy, negative things happen

I mean, a few weeks ago 6 elementary school kids were killed in a bus wreck

how much bad "karma" did a 6yr old accumulate to warrant that?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yah I'd love people who believe in Karma to explain to the kids in the pediatric cancer ward why they're getting what thy deserve cause of "karma"
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U don't believe IN karma as karma itself is just idea it doesn't have its own beliefs
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Yah I'd love people who believe in Karma to explain to the kids in the pediatric cancer ward why they're getting what thy deserve cause of "karma"

Again, you are trying to blame universal forces for the crimes of the european man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1320507/Cancer-purely-man-say-scientists-finding-trace-disease-Egyptian-mummies.html
    Cancer is a man-made disease fueled by the excesses of modern life, a study of ancient remains has found.

Tumors were rare until recent times when pollution and poor diet became issues, the review of mummies, fossils and classical literature found.

You should read the entire article. It's interesting

I find it funny how you're trying to blame the universe for diseases that didn't really even exist a few centuries ago smh
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »

Again, you are trying to blame universal forces for the crimes of the european man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1320507/Cancer-purely-man-say-scientists-finding-trace-disease-Egyptian-mummies.html
    Cancer is a man-made disease fueled by the excesses of modern life, a study of ancient remains has found.

Tumors were rare until recent times when pollution and poor diet became issues, the review of mummies, fossils and classical literature found.

You should read the entire article. It's interesting

I find it funny how you're trying to blame the universe for diseases that didn't really even exist a few centuries ago smh

You should read this counter article to what you just posted. http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2010/10/14/claims-that-cancer-is-only-a-‘modern-man-made-disease’-are-false-and-misleading/