Has the Egyptian Hieroglyphics (medu neter) been deciphered?

Options
Ajackson17
Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has the Egyptian Hieroglyphics (medu neter) been deciphered?

https://youtu.be/hAKq6sSk55g
https://youtu.be/kgv6jkKlBxg

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly don't know why the hell people (specifically Black) are obsessed with Egypt. Axum, Ghana, Ethiopia Empire>>>>> Egypt.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not in a way that we would have the same understanding as the ancestors responsible for creating the mdw ntr

If meanings can get lost in translations today....then we definitely do not understand the mdw ntr as intended

However I do think a system has been created for people to develope A or SOME type of understanding of a system using the symbols from the mdw ntr and having a meaning behind the translation...but no it has not been translated like

como te llamas = what's your name

Falcon = A

Na son.....
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    I honestly don't know why the hell people (specifically Black) are obsessed with Egypt. Axum, Ghana, Ethiopia Empire>>>>> Egypt.

Its nothing wrong with being interested in Egypt though. The Pyramids still stand, as does the sphynx as do an extraordinary amount of remnants and artifacts and objects. Thats probably why people find it so interesting. The long lasting endurance. Also the influence. For those reasons most notably the evidence which endures to this day its hard to say any ancient civilization is "greater". And hard to not, objectively recognize its greatness wherecredit is undeniably due.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Not in a way that we would have the same understanding as the ancestors responsible for creating the mdw ntr

If meanings can get lost in translations today....then we definitely do not understand the mdw ntr as intended

However I do think a system has been created for people to develope A or SOME type of understanding of a system using the symbols from the mdw ntr and having a meaning behind the translation...but no it has not been translated like

como te llamas = what's your name

Falcon = A

Na son.....

This is kind of my understanding. For instance I think they found the rosetta stone which went a long way in translating, but to degree what has any of it been translated? And how much is even translatable.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Egypt birth your religion tho
  • The_Jackal
    Options

Its nothing wrong with being interested in Egypt though. The Pyramids still stand, as does the sphynx as do an extraordinary amount of remnants and artifacts and objects. Thats probably why people find it so interesting. The long lasting endurance. Also the influence. For those reasons most notably the evidence which endures to this day its hard to say any ancient civilization is "greater". And hard to not, objectively recognize its greatness wherecredit is undeniably due.

There is nothing wrong I'm not denying that at all. Just everyone seems to gravitate towards it and ignore other aspects of African history.
    Olorun22 wrote: »

Your trolling me? I'm assuming you are about to mention the Horus was Jesus meme, in which case I'll tell you to actual read accounts on Horus life. If you are speaking on something different then explain.

It still doesn't change the fact the there were kingdoms and empires superior to Egypt which is what I originally said.
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    ....you know why....don't bring that ? in this thread....
  • NoCompetition
    Options

There is nothing wrong I'm not denying that at all. Just everyone seems to gravitate towards it and ignore other aspects of African history.

Your trolling me? I'm assuming you are about to mention the Horus was Jesus meme, in which case I'll tell you to actual read accounts on Horus life. If you are speaking on something different then explain.

It still doesn't change the fact the there were kingdoms and empires superior to Egypt which is what I originally said.

Yeah I get your point. And there is more to the story than most people know. It has to do with the Pyramids and Sphynx and mummies covered in gold and everything. Also the direct influence on Greece and by extension present day. I appreciate you mentioning these others though. kind of sparking curiosity.
  • The_Jackal
    edited December 2016
    Options

No I don't.

We have literally accounts that the streets of Ghana were paved with Gold. I mean for ? sake Mali kingdom was larger then any other kingdom in Europe at its time. Egypt on the other hand which was constantly under the rule of others for a good majority of its history (from Roman to Ottoman to others)
  • The_Jackal
    Options

Yeah I get your point. And there is more to the story than most people know. It has to do with the Pyramids and Sphynx and mummies covered in gold and everything. Also the direct influence on Greece and by extension present day. I appreciate you mentioning these others though. kind of sparking curiosity.

There are countless kingdoms and empires that were great that get overshadowed by Egypt and like you said I honestly think it has to do with the Pyramids, which we know are nothing unusual seeing other cultures have done the same thing.
  • Olorun22
    Options

Nah, I'm not but since Moses got his wisdom from the Egyptian and he wrote the first 5 books of the bible.
    Well, you know......
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd say racist are the ones obsessed, they're the ones repeatedly trying to repaint it.
  • jetlifebih
    Options

No I don't.

We have literally accounts that the streets of Ghana were paved with Gold. I mean for ? sake Mali kingdom was larger then any other kingdom in Europe at its time. Egypt on the other hand which was constantly under the rule of others for a good majority of its history (from Roman to Ottoman to others)
    Well I find it odd that that's the only African empire cacs try to hijack....and I believe the defense of kmt by great African scholars has inspired people to dig deeper into kmt

On another note

Did these kingdoms come before kmt?

Don't get me wrong tho....Lebron gets a lot of love as he should but we still look to Michael Jordan as the standard for greatness

Don't get me wrong all these lil yatchys and lil uzi verts are cool but we still look to the 2 pillars (big n PAC)of hip hop for the standard....

Yeah ghana, Mali, nubia, etc should get all the love in the world but What is the standard for their greatness(from an African perspective or viewpoint) Or who or what do we compare those empires too in order to establish them as great?(from an African perspective)

Good drop tho I will definitely be reading up on the Axum empire
  • The_Jackal
    Options

Nah, I'm not but since Moses got his wisdom from the Egyptian and he wrote the first 5 books of the bible.
    Well, you know......

Well he loved in Egypt so of course he would get any knowledge from Egyptian teacher. I don't understand how you jump to the conclusion that Eygpt birth Christian. What proof of any influences of Egypt mythology do you have of influencing christianity?
  • Olorun22
    edited December 2016
    Options

Well, you know......

Well he loved in Egypt so of course he would get any knowledge from Egyptian teacher. I don't understand how you jump to the conclusion that Eygpt birth Christian. What proof of any influences of Egypt mythology do you have of influencing christianity?

The ten commandments are also found in the 42 laws of maat and the 42 laws predates the 10 commandments. So is that not telling you where it comes from?
  • jetlifebih
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @cain is the authority of historical events he lived it.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, you know......

The ten commandments are also found in the 42 laws of maat and the 42 laws predates the 10 commandments. So is that not telling you where it comes from?

Bruh, don't even bother. Christians rely on emotion and denial to justify their ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Has anyone watched the presentation?
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, you know......

the principles of maat are declarations one makes after death. they memorized these to say them when they died. they are not laws. a comparison between the principles of maat and the 10 commandments does not show influence but it does show that humans have always had a conscience.

maat says...

I have not....

the 10 commandments say...

thou shall not

• semi-auto-mato
    Options
    btw im a Christian and I respect all beliefs. if u don't believe in my ? that's fine with me. To each his own.
  • Olorun22
    Options

Well, you know......

the principles of maat are declarations one makes after death. they memorized these to say them when they died. they are not laws. a comparison between the principles of maat and the 10 commandments does not show influence but it does show that humans have always had a conscience.

maat says...

I have not....

thou shall not

Uh huh but Moses wrote it who was learned in all the ways of the Egyptian. how can you even say christianity delovolep own its own.

So Moses change some words and that is supposed to be truth that it was developed own it's own?

• Olorun22
    Options
    btw im a Christian and I respect all beliefs. if u don't believe in my ? that's fine with me. To each his own.

Why has the bible been control by Europeans and not by ?
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

Well, you know......

maat says...

I have not....

thou shall not

Uh huh but Moses wrote it who was learned in all the ways of the Egyptian. how can you even say christianity delovolep own its own.

So Moses change some words and that is supposed to be truth that it was developed own it's own?

I never said any of that. ? existed before Moses. that means someone was trying to tell the people what they needed to do to get where they wanted to go. folks came after Moses and preached the same thing. The good thing about the truth is it doesn't change. So it doesn't matter if someone is trying to get by the Goddess Maat to Osiris, Jesus to ? , or Mohammed to Allah the truth is the truth.

the principle is we better live right or we wont get to where we want to go.

• semi-auto-mato
    Options

Why has the bible been control by Europeans and not by ?

like I said I respect everyone's belief but Christianity works for me. I never get into a battle with a nonbeliever. im not gonna change ur mind and that's cool. I can completely accept Christianity is not for u. a man told me about the bible and I believed him. someone told u about something else and u believed that. we all the same.