Yea these ? a trip as usual
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King$osa wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    This ? got me dying right now.

Yea these ? a trip as usual

All the Quantum Leap references and Scott Bakula's song. These ? never miss a step.

• King$osa
    King$osa Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I knew somebody was getting shot
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasnt feeling the singing
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i respect and appreciate what they were going for and could see the entertainment merits of the show objectively speaking...
    but i had a real hard time with the show. Hit too close for home with everything going on. Hopefully it accomplished some good for the majority white audience that watches it.
  • Broddie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i respect and appreciate what they were going for and could see the entertainment merits of the show objectively speaking...
    but i had a real hard time with the show. Hit too close for home with everything going on. Hopefully it accomplished some good for the majority white audience that watches it.

The point of comedy is to make light of everyday tragedies to make em a bit easier to swallow. It's supposed to be cathartic.

Like as a personal anecdote I remember that on 9/11 I was supposed to start work a Godiva chocolate at 1 World Trade. Was going to be the first day on the job for myself and some friends.

When the plane hit all I could tell my friend in my complete state of shock was "well I guess we're not going to work today". It didn't make a bitter pill any easier to swallow but it was still less bitter.

Charlie's song about his miserable life and how it parrallels the stereotypes of fatherless black kids was pretty ingenius if you ask me.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Honestly had the episode ended with them having some sort of social awakening and awareness going forward I would've cried foul. It just wouldn't be Sunny.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Thought I missed it. Thank ?

Goddamit i forgot and missed it lmao.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? was too funny danny devito just take that show to a whole new level here the back story

McElhenney and Howerton recently joined The Nerdist podcast and explained that after a first season with low ratings, FX gave them an ultimatum: Add a star name to bring in audiences or the show is over. On the podcast, McElhenney went on to say he, Howerton, and Day were hesitant to add a big name and change the way they were writing and making the show. He says FX threw around some names, including Danny DeVito. "It's not that we were reticent to the idea of adding Danny to the show," Howerton recalled, "it's that we were reticent to add a name to the show. You know, because we kinda liked that we were no-names and it was this weird, small thing, you know. McElhenney, Howerton, and Day then opened up to the idea and talked to DeVito, who apparently already knew about the show because his kids watched it.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Top 5 Dennis episode last night.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never picked up on this show but am thinking about getting involved this weekend.Any good?
  • Max.
    Options
    Yup real funny
  • Broddie
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Keep in mind that the characters are meant to be clueless, stubborn and very bigoted. The show itself isn't but the characters are. It's the most dysfunctional group of sitcom characters since Seinfeld. That's why they call it Seinfeld on ? .

This is raw politically incorrect comedy at it's core. If you're easily offended or can't handle shocking comedy steer clear.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rofl just watched the first 3 episodes, 2nd one had me dying
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The second episode was sooooo funny. The AIDS blood in the pool had me dying.

And then Mack swimming over the suction drain hahahahaha
  • Broddie
    Options
    The mom sitcom ? slayed me. Especially Mac's mom and Dee. 3 for 3 so far this season. The gang ain't ? around.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, this season has been so awesome so far. Its like they sensed Curb was coming back and decided to step their game up
  • Broddie
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    The second episode was sooooo funny. The AIDS blood in the pool had me dying.

And then Mack swimming over the suction drain hahahahaha

Oh and remember he's still not ? though lmfao

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Man, this season has been so awesome so far. Its like they sensed Curb was coming back and decided to step their game up

i just saw the ? kaitlin olson pretty good playin the same kinda clumsy girl role kinda weird im still waitin for the rest of the crew to show up lol show aint to bad and man cant wait for the curb back
  • Max.
    Options
    Im in fuckn tears!!!!