Führer Trump's 'Wall' To Become Border Fence Upgrade; US Taxpayers Will Pay Not Mexico...

Options

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Mexican Cement Company Wants to Build Trump's Wall

A Mexican cement maker is ready to lend its services to U.S. President-elect Donald Trump to build the wall he wants to ? on the southern border of the United States to curb immigration.

"We can't be choosy," Enrique Escalante, Chief Executive Officer of Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua (GCC) said in an interview. "We're an important producer in that area and we have to respect our clients on both sides of the border."

Republican Trump campaigned vowing to build a "big, beautiful, powerful" wall across the 2,000 mile (3,200 km) frontier in order to stop illegal immigrants from Mexico, which he accused of sending rapists and drug traffickers north.

The campaign of the New York businessman who has never previously held public office was widely reviled in Mexico.

Parts of the border are already divided by high fences, and a huge part of the boundary runs along the Rio Grande river.

Based in Chihuahua, a large northern state bordering Texas and New Mexico, GCC is one of the biggest construction materials companies in Mexico. It generates around 70 percent of its sales in the United States, where it also has three plants.

Escalante said Trump's plans to invest in energy and infrastructure in the United States augured well for the firm.

"For the business we're in, Trump is a candidate that does favor the industry quite a bit," Escalante said.

GCC, whose shares are trading at their highest levels since 2008, is 23 percent owned by Mexican multinational cement company Cemex, which at the end of September announced plans to sell its stake.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-wall-gcc-idUSKBN13I24P
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/over-my-dead-body-tribal-leader-says-native-lands-wont-be-bisected-by-mexico-wall/
    ‘Over My Dead Body’: Tribal Leader Says Native Lands Won’t Be Bisected By Mexico Wall

Yesterday, Donald Trump let it be known that he plans to move forward with his plans to build a wall on the southern border, as he promised during the campaign that led to his presidency. Two Mexican presidents have already denounced the plans, but the leaders of a Native American tribe whose reservation reaches across the border are speaking up, too.

According to the Washington Post, the Tohono O’odham Nation extends into Sonora, Mexico, where members of the tribe travel often. Their journeys to see family members, friends, and important cultural sites across the border are impeded already by border patrol agents and a steel-post fence.

Verlon Jose, the tribe’s vice chairman, was quoted as saying, “Over my dead body will a wall be built.”

In the same interview, which took place on local radio station KJZZ, he invited Trump to the reservation so he could see firsthand how detrimental a physical wall would be to the community.

As noted by WaPo, a federal law requires the Bureau of Land Management to talk to tribal governments before trying to make any changes to land use. Here’s how WaPo explains what Trump would need to do to build on the 75-mile stretch of tribal land:

Trump’s only option for building a wall on the land would be through a stand-alone bill in Congress that would have to condemn the land and remove it from the trust for the Tohono O’odham nation, which is recognized by law as an autonomous tribal government.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/spicer-tax-imports-mexico-border-wall
    White House Spox: We’ll Pay For Wall With 20 Percent Tax On Mexican Imports

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Thursday that Donald Trump planned to pay for a border wall with Mexico by convincing Congress to impose a 20 percent border tax on imports from Mexico.

Speaking in a gaggle on Air Force One, Spicer said the administration's plan to force Mexico to pay for the wall included "using comprehensive tax reform as a means to tax imports from countries that we have a trade deficit from, like Mexico," according to a pool report.

"If you tax that $50 billion at 20 percent of imports–which is by the way a practice that 160 other countries do–right now our country’s policy is to tax exports and let imports flow freely in, which is ridiculous,” Spicer told reporters, according to the pool report. “By doing that we can do $10 billion a year and easily pay for the wall just through that mechanism alone. That’s really going to provide the funding.”

He said he had been in touch with congressional leadership about the plan, which he said “respected” American taxpayers.

“This is something that we’ve been in close contact with both houses in moving forward and creating a plan,” he said, as quoted in the pool report. “It clearly provides the funding and does so in a way that the American taxpayer is wholly respected.”

Robert ? , former labor secretary for President Bill Clinton, was speaking on MSNBC when he heard news of the proposal.

“It very easily could start a trade war, it’s stupid,” he said in reaction.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is Trump in such a hurry to build this damn wall?
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »

Goodie-Mob-Cell-Therapy.jpg
    "I wonder If the gate wall was put up to keep crime out or to keep our ass in" Cee lo
    I feel like maybe "they" trying to box us in
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He is hooking his buddies / family up.....its a golden opportunity for them to make money hand over fist by purchasing stocks on the companies as listed in the article below. This is why you follow the money and benefit on the moves that this clown makes

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/company-best-positioned-to-benefit-from-a-trump-wall-is-mexican-2016-07-15?link=sfmw_fb

Company best positioned to benefit from a ‘Trump Wall’ is Mexican

It is the one thing the otherwise mercurial Donald Trump has been consistent about throughout his presidential campaign—if elected, he’ll create a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border. And it’s one he is pledging to follow through on since becoming president, at an event held Wednesday.

Analysts at Bernstein Research last summer decided to crunch the numbers to find out which companies would stand to benefit if such a barrier were to be created.

And the winner would be: Cemex CX, +1.42% , which as the name suggests, is Mexican and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of building materials, including cement and ready-mix concrete.

The analysts estimate that the wall would cost between $15 billion and $25 billion to construct, much pricier than Trump’s own calculation of $10 billion.

Trump has varied in public proclamations of the Wall’s precise dimensions, but the analysts put at it 40 feet high, and another 7 feet below ground, for a length of 1,000 miles.

It would require 7.1 million cubic meters of concrete—over $700 million at current prices. But it would be more effective to use precast panels, given the high temperatures at the U.S. border, than to pour concrete directly, the analysts said.

The panels could be supported by steel pillars.

One model, they found, was the West Bank barrier built by Israel, which stretches for 420 miles. Large parts of that were built with precast concrete panels.

Since it isn’t economically feasible to transport heavy building materials over long distances, it would have to be companies with production facilities near the border that would benefit.

On the U.S. side, Cemex and privately held CalPortland have a strong presence in cement, and Martin Marietta MLM, -0.76% and Vulcan VMC, +1.31% boast significant building aggregate operations.

In Mexico, Cemex and Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua S.A.B. de C.V. GCC, +0.00% are well positioned in cement, aggregates and ready-mixes.

CRH CRH, -1.03% and Heidelberg HEI, +0.88% both have facilities near the border in precast concrete, though that is a more fragmented market, the Bernstein analysts said.

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Kodak moment ...

This is categorically the most EXPENSIVE and INEFFECTIVE way to implement immigration reform.

Its 19th century technology to solve a 21st century problem.

Show me a 20 foot wall... and I will show you a 21 foot ladder...

And ways to tunnel underneath it.

Actually immigration reform would take far more nuance and sophistication... it would be a hell of a lot cheaper too.

But what actual immigration reform wouldn't do is provide a tangible "victory" for idiots to worship a President for.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    El Chapo about to get paid more building drug tunnels like the one he escaped in then from selling drugs.
  • stringer bell
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

I can´t believe he said that ? .

By the way 99% of immigrants come through planes and not from the ground.He is building a wall to eat money.In another words lets say the wall is going to be 2 billion,he´s going to make some contracts with company ´´A´´ to make it for 2 billion than he´s going to say he needs more 2 billions to finish it and he´s going to eat 1 billion under the table.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

By the way 99% of immigrants come through planes and not from the ground.
    False. The majority come from the border, and another big part are on overstayed visas.

Every damn nation has border laws, so why is the US supposed to allow mostly poor illegals to come here and live off taxpayers? Why would we want illegals moving ind roves to black communities taking up resources? I wish Mexican people the best...but how about staying in their own damn country and fixing things?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

False. The majority come from the border, and another big part are on overstayed visas.

Every damn nation has border laws, so why is the US supposed to allow mostly poor illegals to come here and live off taxpayers? things?

Are you implying that America does not have immigration laws?

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I told yall them Mexicans was coming for that money. Contractors are gonna bid and I bet a local immigrant owned contractor under bids everybody for that job. That wall gonna pay Jose enough to get the rest of his whole family in here.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Every damn nation has border laws, so why is the US supposed to allow mostly poor illegals to come here and live off taxpayers? Why would we want illegals moving ind roves to black communities taking up resources? I wish Mexican people the best...but how about staying in their own damn country and fixing things?

Its kind of the nature of the country. Look at the founding. There was never any respect for others in that regard. People know this. Things happened in the founding and have happened that make someone crossing "illegally" pale in comparison. Illegal by what standard? How can the us lecture anybody on something like this? Thw US forfeited any ground to stand on particularly morally. And again people know this. Also illegals coming here havent done one fraction of what Europeans have done to blacks and in the communities historically speaking. So the rhetoric that they are somehow worse is laughable like black people are better off with only a white majority and less diversity. Thats a racist argument. I also reject that they takeall the resources Im not some nothing who "some illegal" can just out perform.
    Thats just considering some of the factors. Also im not so fond of the idea of walling us in personally.
    That said its not that there shouldnt be necessarily reasonable checks and whatnot but make the arguments and solutions sensible. Also he said he would do this, there was an election, people had the chance to do their part to keep him out. He's in there and this was one of his main topics so in that regard itis what it is.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He is building a wall to eat money.In another words lets say the wall is going to be 2 billion,he´s going to make some contracts with company ´´A´´ to make it for 2 billion than he´s going to say he needs more 2 billions to finish it and he´s going to eat 1 billion under the table.

Politics aside this is basically the gist of it to me. A neverending way to keep getting money. And somehow hes gonna lower our taxes?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options

That´s not true lmao.You think every illegal immigrant come trought Mexico?Use your common sense.Do Jamaicans,Argentinians, Brazilians,PEOPLE FROM AFRICA AND ASIA and South America come through Mexico?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

He is building a wall to eat money.In another words lets say the wall is going to be 2 billion,he´s going to make some contracts with company ´´A´´ to make it for 2 billion than he´s going to say he needs more 2 billions to finish it and he´s going to eat 1 billion under the table.

Politics aside this is basically the gist of it to me. A neverending way to keep getting money. And somehow hes gonna lower our taxes?

MONEY FOR HIM AND THE PEOPLE HE NEED TO PLEASE.Every big government constructions is a easy way to make ? money.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options

http://www.mediaite.com/online/israeli-prez-apologizes-to-mexico-after-netanyahu-tweets-support-for-trump-border-walls/
    Israeli Prez Apologizes to Mexico After Netanyahu Tweets Support for Trump, Border Walls

Israeli President Reuven Rivlin is saying sorry to his peers in Mexico after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu seemingly endorsed President Trump‘s call for a U.S.-Mexican border wall.

The subject of border walls has been the source of a major rift recently between Trump and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto. Last week, Trump signed an executive order to start construction of a wall on America’s southern border. Mexico responded by cancelling a meeting with Trump and promising once again that their government will not pay the cost for the wall.

Mexican foreign officials were reportedly dismayed when they saw Netanyahu’s tweet, and they asked that he apologize. Though Rivlin’s position in the Israeli government is mostly ceremonial, he offered a conciliatory statement while contrasting the differences between Israel and Mexico’s border security situations.

“I am sorry for any hurt caused as a result of this misunderstanding,” Rivlin said, “but we must remember that we are talking about a misunderstanding, and I am sure that we can put the issue behind us.”

Netanyahu brought up the commotion during a cybersecurity conference on Monday, where he said his words referred to Trump’s recent praise for Israel’s barrier on the Egyptian border.

“I did not comment about U.S.-Mexico relations. We’ve had, and will continue to have, good relations with Mexico,” Netanyahu said.

Mexico shouldn't accept an apology from some government figurehead...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Haaaaa! Fluff Master Trump! His core will NEVER turn on him tho, even when it all goes 2 hell massively! They gotta save face ( Stick 2 Code) for all that Supremacist rhetoric he spoke and they supported. I'm just gonna watch Rome burn. Lol

xadpqtfxsh9d.gif

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/border-wall-billions-more-than-trump-estimate
    Report: Border Wall To Cost Billions More Than Trump Said, Per DHS Internal Memo

An internal report at the Department of Homeland Security pegs the cost of a border wall with Mexico at $21.6 billion, far more than cost estimates put forward by President Donald Trump or congressional leadership, Reuters reported Thursday.

According to Reuters, the estimate came from a group assembled by DHS Secretary John Kelly that the news wire described as a “final step” before moving to request taxpayer funds from Congress to begin on the wall.

In February 2016, Trump claimed the barrier would cost $10 billion to 12 billion. Around the same time, the Washington Post’s fact-checkers, based on discussions with engineers and contractors, estimated the cost at $25 billion, at least.

In late January of this year, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said the wall would cost $12 to 15 billion. House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) said the wall would cost up to $15 billion.

Reuters reported that much of the cost disparity came from the expense of buying private land necessary for the wall’s construction, and the cost of complying with the International Boundary and Water Commission, a pact between the two nations over shared waters.

A DHS spokeswoman told Reuters that the department would not comment on or confirm “the potential existence of pre-decisional, deliberative documents." And a White House spokeswoman said it would be “premature” to comment on a report that had yet not been presented to the President.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole wall idea is so pointless.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/stephen-miller-claims-trump-border-wall-will-pay-for-itself
    Top White House Advisor Claims Trump's Wall 'Will Pay For Itself'

President Donald Trump's senior policy advisor Stephen Miller said Sunday that a wall on the United States' southern border "will pay for itself many, many, many times over."

"How much is the wall going to cost? The President says he's going to bring the cost down. And can you guarantee that Mexico will pay?" George Stephanopoulos asked Miller on ABC's "This Week."

"He can bring the cost of the wall down and he will. And there are many, many ways that we can obtain payment for the wall from our friends to the south," Miller said.

He said that stopping illegal immigration "will save taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars."

"This wall will pay for itself many, many, many times over," Miller said. "And it's just astonishing to me that the media is so interested in how much it costs to secure our border and has no interest in the cost of refusing to secure our border."

"How are you going to guarantee that Mexico is going to pay for this wall?" Stephanopoulos asked. "They have said absolutely not, they will not pay for it."

"There's all kinds of things we can do. I'm not going to make news today by announcing what our strategy is going to be," Miller said. "That's one thing that's different between this president and past presidents, is we don't lay out all of our cards for everybody to see."

An internal report at the Department of Homeland Security estimated the cost of a border wall with Mexico at $21.6 billion, far higher than cost estimates put forward by Trump or congressional leadership, according to a report published Thursday by Reuters.

In February 2016, Trump claimed the wall would cost $10 billion to 12 billion. In late January of this year, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said that it would cost $12 to 15 billion, and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) estimated that it would cost up to $15 billion.