3 on 3 ... Who you got?

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think he is doubting Larry Birds abilities/fundamentals more so his athleticism bro, which is a valid point. There are many players who lost their athletcism and still were effective against unskilled players(ala late career Tim Duncan still could fundamentally rip you apart even if he could struggle to get up and down the court at times)..... but let them find a somewhat skilled player with athleticism he gone get ate up, Bron would do that to Bird even in their primes more likely.

Outside of 3 point shooting Bron does everything just as well if not better than Bird.... Bird isn't even in the same solar system as Lebron as a defender either, help or man defense. This match up wouldn't be one of those times pure fundamentals could get a player by. I really don't see how Bird even would match up with Bron and I don't disrespect Larry Legend but Bron took his spot as the best SF of all time for a reason dude.

Bron took his spot (people will argue he hasn't) because he's been a great player over a longer period of time, but at the height of their careers (86 for Bird only the 96 Bulls you can argue were a better team) Bron has never matched up or seen a player that great at his position, and I'm taking Bird all day, and I'm not about to listen to all the Bird disrespect either
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your opinion bro, I'm taking peak Bron the one that should have won 5 MVPs in a row(that Derrick Rose MVP still baffles me, he balled but not harder than Bron).
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I know you new ? are on the Lebron bandwagon but Bird with the ball in his hands would fundamentally ? on Lebron with actual game....not just being faster & bigger....he still gotta play D.....like the homie said.....go do some homework
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not even bout to argue wit u ? ..

yall can have it..
    this why i hate talkin sports... politics.. and religion..

its always all emotions no logic..
    i can talk to one of my ? if i wanna deal wit that ? ..
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

yall can have it..

No logic? What the ? ? You're bringing up Hibbert and Rose in a debate about Bird, go somewhere
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    You're a ? bruh what kind of logic would you bring to a religion debate anyway?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan Vs. Kobe, a good match up, Bird would get in Bron head and shut that ? down, Bron may be strong but Bird would mentally throw his game off. AI vs Curry, ain't nobody shutting ? down, AI got steals playing the lane but he never shut nooooooobody down and Curry defense a joke, it would be a matter of the most efficient scorer between them and Curry got it
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jordan Vs. Kobe, a good match up, Bird would get in Bron head and shut that ? down, Bron may be strong but Bird would mentally throw his game off. AI vs Curry, ain't nobody shutting ? down, AI got steals playing the lane but he never shut nooooooobody down and Curry defense a joke, it would be a matter of the most efficient scorer between them and Curry got it

There is a bigger gap between them than most people want to admit to. I picked MJ team just because of MJ. AI & Curry is a wash, LeBron going to dog Bird but Bird will have some moments just because he's Larry Legend but in the end LeBron over Bird all day everyday and twice on Sunday.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    You're a ? bruh what kind of logic would you bring to a religion debate anyway?

u know alot of Pastors were ex PimPs right!?

and what does my occupation have to do wit anything!!?
    ? ur a ? farmer for all i know..

what can u add to a religious conversation!?
  • CapitalB
    Options

"get in his head"

LeBron aint the meek giant in his 20s no more OG..
    he aint alone havin to deal wit the tirades and tactics of Paul Pierce and Garnett..

we see what LeBron does when he's ? off now..

Bird better shut the ? up when playin LeBron..
  • CapitalB
    Options

yall can have it..

No logic? What the ? ? You're bringing up Hibbert and Rose in a debate about Bird, go somewhere

again.. maybe u didnt read or comprehend..

that was done to SHOW RANGE..
    Bird aint fast as a Rose or Strong as a Hibbert and LeBron D'd both them ? this has less to do wit skill and more to do wit attributes..

or are u that ? dense!?

Bird wouldnt be able to get a shot off..
    he's not dribbling around him.. or backing him down..

and by some miracle he gets around him and goes for a layup its gettin smacked a la "the block"..

yeh ? .. LOGIC is ot ur strong suit.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can't believe your still bringing up Roy ? Hibbert yet your talking logic....amazing.

Plus...Bron is the one dude you can actually let shoot the ball....once Bron start thinking he's Jordan with the jump shot he don't have, it's game over for them ?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    I can't believe your still bringing up Roy ? Hibbert yet your talking logic....amazing.

Plus...Bron is the one dude you can actually let shoot the ball....once Bron start thinking he's Jordan with the jump shot he don't have, it's game over for them ?

LeBron much rather pass then shoot.. Kobe Bryant AND Curry to dish to!!? LeBron would have a ? field day..

and he'd play the point??! Bird aint stickin him and when they come to help its ? over..

the more u post the more of an idiot u sound my ? ..
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    edited January 2017
    Options

LeBron much rather pass then shoot.. Kobe Bryant AND Curry to dish to!!? LeBron would have a ? field day..

and he'd play the point??! Bird aint stickin him and when they come to help its ? over..

the more u post the more of an idiot u sound my ? ..

What u think Bron not gonna shoot, period??.......it's times when Bron rather shoot then go to the rack......Wait let me guess......Roy Hibbert....right? Shut yo ? up

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's hard to have an objective conversation about Jordan.

Kobe is as equally skilled as Jordan, idc what anybody says. What separates them is efficiency and picking their spots. Kobe took a lot of ? , horrible shots, Jordan didn't.

If he didn't have "mamba mentality" I think people would be able to see Jordan and Kobe objectively. Does that make Jordan better? YES head and shoulders above but it's not because he isn't as good it's because they approached the game differently.

And Bron would give Bird work. No doubt Bron gotta check up too but come on fam.
    That's no disrespect but Bron is just something we ain't never seen before. I'm convinced they created that ? in a lab somewhere on a remote island. Gloria must've signed up for the super soldier program cuz that ? ain't human.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Bron would give Bird some work....but so would Bird on Bron...that's all I'm saying
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"get in his head"

LeBron aint the meek giant in his 20s no more OG..
    he aint alone havin to deal wit the tirades and tactics of Paul Pierce and Garnett..

we see what LeBron does when he's ? off now..

Bird better shut the ? up when playin LeBron..

its one on one

that ? dont matter

its not a 45 minute game where you got to dig deep

blah blah would figure out a way

like dude all of a sudden a scientist

theres no answer for size

lebron will back bird down in the post like hes his little brother

larry'll get so frustrated he'll bite his ear off like tyson
  • CapitalB
    Options
    "What u think Bron not gonna shoot, period??"

u mustve not have seen him in his Miami days..
    ? would go 11 for 13 or some ? jus for the ? of it.. tonsee if he could shoot 100%

if LeBron doesnt have to take a shot he wont..
    LeBron would much rather set up his teammates and if u dont know that ? are we even talkin for!!?

u mean to tell me Curry and Kobe on his team and he'd rather shoot!!?

u mean to tell me Bird can stay in front of LeBron no help!?

u mean to tell me Bird is gonna grab a board!!??lmmfao ? is Bird gonna contribute to the game besides someone for white people to cheer for!!?

if Magic was on that team then yeh..
    but Larry ? Bird matched up wit LeBron!!?

nah.. jus nah..
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The fact is Bron will shoot.....it all depends if he's going to the rack or is he settling for jump shots...which he's known for doing....if he's settling, they already lost...then Bird can just let him shoot jumpers

And you know Bird averaged 10 rebounds for his career right? Bron with all the athletics is at 7 for his career
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Bron would give Bird some work....but so would Bird on Bron...that's all I'm saying

grdJL.gif
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

? would go 11 for 13 or some ? jus for the ? of it.. tonsee if he could shoot 100%

LeBron would much rather set up his teammates and if u dont know that ? are we even talkin for!!?

u mean to tell me Bird is gonna grab a board!!??lmmfao ? is Bird gonna contribute to the game besides someone for white people to cheer for!!?

nah.. jus nah..

From 84-88 Bird averaged 28/10/7 and made all defensive teams

200w.gif

Do your homework
  • CapitalB
    Options

nah.. jus nah..

From 84-88 Bird averaged 28/10/7 and made all defensive teams

200w.gif

Do your homework

and like i said..
    some Players can play in any era..
    Bird aint one of them..

LeBron wouldve posted better numbers then..
    Bird wouldnt post half of that now..

stay in school..
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    That's your ? assumption not fact, cut that prisoner of the moment ? out, I would argue Bird would eat more in today's small ball climate where shooting 3's isn't secondary like it was back then before Bron would when the big man was at its peak and the game was much more physical
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Bird would get ran off the ? court..
    these kids is too big too fast too athletic..

get out ur emotions..

the game was much slower then..
    LeBron would thrive in that ? the same Magic did..
    Bird aint gettin no runs in today's nba..

but i may as well be talkin to a mother about her bastard son.. aint u a Boston fan or some ? if im not mistaken.. from the area!!?

like i said..
    pure emotion when it comes to UR bird..

but we see that wigga for who he is..
    a great yes! no doubt.. but ? wit LeBron!!?

get off the drugs.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea these players are superhuman compared to the 80's, did the human race evolve since then too? You're an idiot