IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't need a college education to list some examples:

Kanye West is a start.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Public Enemy went to Adelphi University

Guru from Gang Starr went to Morehouse College.

Having a college degree definitely has an influence on your outlook on life.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plies is college educated, I think he purposely dumb down for his audience...or ? didn't stuck idk
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Jon and 2 chainz went to fairly good universities I believe
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IceManKam wrote: »

Kanye West is a start.

Kanye went to collage or he didnt?
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Kanye West is a start.

He dropped out.

Not to throw shade at Kanye because he's a great artist and entertainer but I think him dropping out of college might have something to do with how he lost all that money ($14 million I believe) in his fashion line.

Not to single out Kanye but there are dozens (if not 100s) of entertainers who had a clothing line or some sort of business but they couldn't run the company effectively because they didn't have the formal education and thus couldn't handle themselves in a boardroom in front of MBA's and lawyers.

And I know from firsthand experience. I tried to write a business proposal and shop the idea to investors when I didn't have a college degree. They'd be asking me all kind of questions that I couldn't answer because I didn't know what certain words meant.

A lot of rappers (singers/musicians, etc.) are trapped in the position they're in because they don't have formal education.

I feel sorry for them, especially the old school rappers who can stay on tour and get per diem money but that's about all they can get. They can't sit in a board room for an 8 hour meeting to discuss the details of an international tour because they don't have the business acumen.

Jay Z is one of the few artists that can handle international business on that scale and I'm not sure if he has an Associate's degree or not.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Yea cuz Kanye's major was business management smh

Man sit down somewhere
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

If you haven't taken business 101, business law, International business, algebra and statistics you have no business investing $14 million in anything.

I haven't seen Kanye's transcript so this isn't directed at him but generally speaking, if you don't have at least an Associate's degree you can't handle yourself in a boardroom.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

If you haven't taken business 101, business law, International business, algebra and statistics you have no business investing $14 million in anything.

I haven't seen Kanye's transcript so this isn't directed at him but generally speaking, if you don't have at least an Associate's degree you can't handle yourself in a boardroom.

You said if he didn't drop out of college then he would've never lost that money. Which makes zero sense if his major wasn't in business.

Which it wasn't btw. And even people with business degrees takes loses.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

You said if he didn't drop out of college then he would've never lost that money. Which makes zero sense if his major wasn't in business.

That isn't what I said.

You don't necessarily need to major in business, but taking some business courses helps.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    "Rock jewels, dropped school still livin well rhymes still written well" - Jigga
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kanye West is a start.

He dropped out.

Not to throw shade at Kanye because he's a great artist and entertainer but I think him dropping out of college might have something to do with how he lost all that money ($14 million I believe) in his fashion line.

Not to single out Kanye but there are dozens (if not 100s) of entertainers who had a clothing line or some sort of business but they couldn't run the company effectively because they didn't have the formal education and thus couldn't handle themselves in a boardroom in front of MBA's and lawyers.

And I know from firsthand experience. I tried to write a business proposal and shop the idea to investors when I didn't have a college degree. They'd be asking me all kind of questions that I couldn't answer because I didn't know what certain words meant.

A lot of rappers (singers/musicians, etc.) are trapped in the position they're in because they don't have formal education.

I feel sorry for them, especially the old school rappers who can stay on tour and get per diem money but that's about all they can get. They can't sit in a board room for an 8 hour meeting to discuss the details of an international tour because they don't have the business acumen.

Jay Z is one of the few artists that can handle international business on that scale and I'm not sure if he has an Associate's degree or not.

Master P went to college. Thats a big reason he had so much acumen and was able to run no limit like a machine.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didt wayne went to uni ?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

That isn't what I said.

You don't necessarily need to major in business, but taking some business courses helps.

WHAT? ? you said that exact thing 2 ? post up.

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao mef looks like he got beat up and his face is swollen. wonder if he regretted doing that face after the shoot
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sauce Money has a bachelor's degree.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

That's ridiculous. People without those credentials do it all the time. They pay advisors, analysts and lawyers to help them.

Duh
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nappy Roots met in college

Didn't Little Brother meet in college too?
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Camron
    Dave East
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3k dropped outta high school...
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

That isn't what I said.

WHAT? ? you said that exact thing 2 ? post up.

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

You must not have went to college. You don't have to MAJOR in business to take a few business electives. You could major in Chemistry or Liberal Arts and still take business 101, business law, international business, algebra and statistics. I know because I'm a Criminal Justice major and I took all those classes as electives because I wanted to learn about business.
    LUClEN wrote: »

Man sit down somewhere

What's your point?

That's ridiculous. People without those credentials do it all the time. They pay advisors, analysts and lawyers to help them.

Duh

That's what Kanye did and look what happened.

You CAN'T know nothing about business and hire advisors, analysts and lawyers to help you. It won't work because they'll think your stupid and scam you out of your money, legally.

Somewhere in America there's a jewish business man looking for a high school dropout that can rap (or play ball). The jew will make millions off the rapper and the rapper won't even know what happened.