Remy Ma Has a Miscarriage, Papoose Thanks Fans for Support

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
Remy Ma shared some sad news with her Instagram followers on Monday (Jan. 23), posting a video from a hospital bed, revealing that she and husband Papoose had lost a child to miscarriage. Remy says in the video caption that she initially wanted to keep the loss private but that Pap convinced her to post for the many women going through similar times. “I’m here to tell anyone going thru a similar situation that it is not over and ? has the last say so,” she wrote.

In the video, Remy says that she had been planning to have the child for some time, holding a baby shower and purchasing a pregnancy journal that she started to fill out. “I never for one second thought that it would end like this,” she says. “With me in the hospital. With stitches in my stomach and no baby. I was thinking of due dates I was thinking of names.”

It isn’t immediately clear whether the loss happened recently or if the couple only recently decided to share the news, but condolences are extended regardless, Papoose thanking fans in an Instagram post of his own below. “Tough time for us!!!!!!” he wrote.

Remy otherwise has a big month ahead of her, her joint album with Fat Joe, Plata o Plomo, slated to drop in February, the two nominated for a pair of Grammys earlier in the month. Here’s to hoping happier times are ahead for Remy and Papoose.

Read More: Remy Ma Has a Miscarriage, Papoose Thanks Fans for Support - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/01/remy-ma-miscarriage-papoose-thanks-fans/?trackback=tsmclip

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't know she was pregnant.
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Condolences ...That wouldve been one talented offspring though
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, that's heartbreaking. Remy & Pap are in my prayers
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at Pap. Someshit should be kept private. "Share for women going through it" cmon b. Anything for publicity huh?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeahhhh when you have a miscarriage you don't even want ppl to know
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was on love and hip hop last night she had a miscarriage
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    How long ago was this i thought they filmed for the show and dropped the taping months after
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats unfortunate.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it really sucks that she can't have any kids moving forward....
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    Smh at Pap. Someshit should be kept private. "Share for women going through it" cmon b. Anything for publicity huh?
    Beta wrote: »

My wife had one in 2015 before she got pregnant with our son last year. It's not something light you go through but speaking about it and the reasons why it happened is something that actually does help deal with the emotional turmoil of it.

I went through one too. I was crying like crazy
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My wife had one in 2015 before she got pregnant with our son last year. It's not something light you go through but speaking about it and the reasons why it happened is something that actually does help deal with the emotional turmoil of it.

Same thing happened here. Sometimes talking about it..if and when you are ready helps. ? can mess people up for real. Hope they good. I know couples that never recovered from that.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Remember when my ex had a miscarriage she was sad I was fake sad cuz I slick didn't want no kids right then lol

I felt the same way back in '07...
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same thing happened here. Sometimes talking about it..if and when you are ready helps. ? can mess people up for real. Hope they good. I know couples that never recovered from that.

Did they go on to have more children?

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had one last year. I don't talk about it. I wasn't even ready for kids but when you get used to the idea and then ...nothing, ? hurts bad.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Wife had one about 6 years ago. She was still relatively early in the pregnancy, but she lost the fetus in our bathroom. Worst moment of our lives. Like something out of a horror movie.

Most definitely condolences to Remy and Pap. ? is tough.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah Beyonce went through a miscarriage she didn't tell until some time later.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »

Did they go on to have more children?

Na. They actually got divorced. Losing a child can take a SERIOUS toll on a relationship. Took me n my girl a minute to get it together ourselves after that ? . Many factors go into healing. Sometimes one person does not grief properly bc they are being strong for the other person and that ? lingers longer for them.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats sad to hear...wish em the best