Man Executed in Front of Detroit School After Dropping Son Off

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Detroit police are investigating the shooting death of a father who was executed in front of his son's school in southwest Detroit Wednesday morning.

According to police, the man was shot in the head shortly after his son exited the vehicle and entered Mark Twain Elementary School. The boy did not witness the shooting.

According to police, a suspect was sitting in the rear passenger seat of the car that the victim and his child were in. The suspect exited the vehicle — a black Nissan — and fled the scene after the shooting.

The suspect is described as a black male, 5 feet 7 inches tall, in his 20s and about 180 pounds.

"It's very disturbing," Detroit Police Chief Craig said at a news conference outside the school this morning. "We are going to do everything we can. We're confident that we're going to bring some closure to this."

Craig did not elaborate on a possible motive, but said police have a couple of witnesses. He said the child has a brother in the military.

One school parent, Latrice Lee, 22, said her 4-year-old son is in the same class as the victim's child. She said she did not witness the shooting, but arrived at the school at about the same time the ambulance arrived.

"I just can't believe that someone would do this at a school, where there's plenty of kids. (He) may have shot the bullet and it may have gone somewhere else," Lee said.

Lee said she arrived at the school at about 7:30 a.m. and decided to pull her son out of class after learning what had happened.

"I just wanted to get him out of school and go home," said Lee, later noting: "I see the dad every day, dropping his son off at school in his mom's truck."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/man-executed-in-front-of-detroit-school-after-dropping-son-off/

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That murder about to go unsolved too since lou's thread told me 70% of murders go unsolved in Detroit
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cold ? ..

man..
    people don't realize how this ? is gonna ? up that kid. smmfh
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I know the victims brother, that's my mans.
    The school is like 5 blocks away from where my granny stay. Basically where I grew up.

Southwest wasn't that bad growing up but it's getting worse as I get older. Apparently dude had multiple attempts on his life and survived all of them. It's so sad that he had to lose his life like that and it was probably over some petty ? .

He was doing what he was supposed to do as a father.

I never really ? around out that way. Too far south and I only went out that way for very specific reasons.

It has to be said tho; that couldn't have been no petty ? for a cat to get seen multiple times. Nah, he had somebody ? for it to get to that point.

Not even a street cat, but if someone survives MULTIPLE attempts on someone else trying to purposefully end their life, then something sounds odd

Dude must have had been ? off the wrong people, or had an old beef way back when, that caught up with him

Sad it ended that way
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the dude who was riding in the car in the backseat shot him?

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Damn that's some sad ? for that kid
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know the victims brother, that's my mans.
    The school is like 5 blocks away from where my granny stay. Basically where I grew up.

Southwest wasn't that bad growing up but it's getting worse as I get older. Apparently dude had multiple attempts on his life and survived all of them. It's so sad that he had to lose his life like that and it was probably over some petty ? .

He was doing what he was supposed to do as a father.

Can't agree with that at all. ? might try once to ? a ? over some petty ? but multiple attempts. I highly doubt that.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The killer is cold ? . ? hunting season is nearby. Especially the envious and hater ? .
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supposedly his name was attached to a murder but he was never charged for it. however, yall underestimate the pettiness of some of these ? out here.

Witnessing a lot this ? first hand I can truly say ? lost their lives over dumb ? . My sixth grade basketball coach got killed because he cut the dude's son from the team.

They got into a fight, two weeks later they caught him coming off the freeway and shot him at the light.

This particular case maybe not, but it does happen more than anyone would like to admit.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supposedly his name was attached to a murder but he was never charged for it. however, yall underestimate the pettiness of some of these ? out here.

Witnessing a lot this ? first hand I can truly say ? lost their lives over dumb ? . My sixth grade basketball coach got killed because he cut the dude's son from the team.

They got into a fight, two weeks later they caught him coming off the freeway and shot him at the light.

This particular case maybe not, but it does happen more than anyone would like to admit.

Now that person thinking or even knowing that man killed his peoples no matter how many years ago ain't no petty ? . I can see why folks tried to ? him multiple times.

Nobody said people don't get killed over petty ? cause we all know that it does happen and way to often.

All I said was in most cases ? ain't going to try and ? a person MULTIPLE times over some truly petty ? .

With most people over time that anger over the petty ? dies down(they got current petty ? to worry about) so said person ain't going to keep risking their freedom to ? a ? over some petty ? that he tried ? that ? over some months and maybe even years ago.

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok so if u get shot or shot at once u kinda know if it was random or if someone is out to really get u. dude knew they were coming cuz they tried multiple times. this wasn't a situation were they wanted to rob dude for his coat. u did something to somebody and they were gonna get ur ass one way or another. he kept the same routine and made it easier for them. they didn't want anyone but him and im sure he knew they were coming back. he should have gotten outta dodge a long time ago.

R.I.P. to that man
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Multiple Attempts"

And this ? want to take his ass around schools.

Yall just gon breeze right by that huh?

schools should be sacred.

kinda like Sundays on the wire.

you saying ? putting kids in danger by dropping off his son
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe dude knew he was got an wanted to drop his lil man off one last time.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sounds like a paid hit

that article is all over the place tho with irrelevant details........the editor needs some more practice at his craft
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cold ? .

I guess the murderer thought it was a decent move to let him drop his kid off.

That's all type of ? up - dude could've had him on some "if you try anything, both of y'all dying" ? .
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so dude couldnt have moved him and his child out of the city where folks wanted to murder him?? he was putting his child in danger everyday by being round him to be honest.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    so dude couldnt have moved him and his child out of the city where folks wanted to murder him?? he was putting his child in danger everyday by being round him to be honest.

Unfortunately ? that survive 'multiple' attempts on their life tend to think they're invincible..

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

Unfortunately ? that survive 'multiple' attempts on their life tend to think they're invincible..

true. we get a superman complex after surviving an attempt. once I got my weight back up I walked around like I was He Man. if someone would have shot me a second or third time I would have made ? call me ? . lmao.

• Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad ? , I'm a Northwest Cat, used to ? with some homies in Southwest, and go to the races by the White Castle.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Sad ? , I'm a Northwest Cat, used to ? with some homies in Southwest, and go to the races by the White Castle.

the races are at Livernois and Warren Ave, I used to be there all the time back in the 90's.

This ? happened waaaaay further south. That school is just south of Melvindale and next to River Rouge. Whole different ? down that way.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah different area. I'm from the east side but my granny and grandpa stayed in southwest. Pretty much what they consider downriver over there. Ecorse, Rouge, Lincoln Park, Taylor etc
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still trying to get this story straight.

Okay so dude had a ? riding with him who was associated with the dude ppl think he killed?

Why?I don't understand.

And if dude was in the backseat,why doesn't the kid know who it is.

Something in this story don't add up.