Communications Degree with a minor in Business

Options
stevieb
stevieb Members Posts: 180
edited September 2011 in Strictly Business
I haven't graduated yet and I don't have a set career in mind but I would like some advice on what jobs are out there for what I will be graduating with.

Comments

• m. trinidad
    m. trinidad Members Posts: 132
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you're pretty good in the business, mgmt, pr, marketing, sales fields. Talk to alumni from your school and recent grads to get a feel for the market where you're searching.

Particular jobs- Advertising Exec/assistant, Medical/business sales rep, Marketing/PR Assistant, MGMT trainee in retail banking...

Hopefully your GPA is really good, if not, just make sure you use all your connections. mediabistro is a good website for communications/pr/marketing jobs
  • stevieb
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have two more years of school left and I don't have a set career in mind. does anyone know of any jobs (good paying ones) that this would work with?
  • stevieb
    edited August 2010
    Options
    thanks I appreciate that. getting contacts is the thing I am going to strive at getting better at these next two years
  • darryl_jenks
    darryl_jenks Members Posts: 328
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Try to Intern at CNBC ,Bloomberg News or any other business media network and see where that takes you.
  • stevieb
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i aint tryin to be an ? or nothing like dat but this is sumthing you should of asked yourself BEFORE you started the class.

haha yeah I know but I went into college undecided and comm was the only degree that seemed to fit me but just finding the right career is the next thing I need to figure out
  • stevieb
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Try to Intern at CNBC ,Bloomberg News or any other business media network and see where that takes you.

okay thanks I will keep that in mind
  • stevieb
    edited August 2010
    Options
    datz wuz up, it's good dat u atleast knew you had to go to school for something.

oh yeah no doubt these times having anything less than a bachelors makes it hard to find a good job
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There's always a lot of turnover at mcdonalds, burger king, etc for people with ur qualifications.
  • steevemartin1
    steevemartin1 Members Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This is very important for a person who is being qualified .Big giants are always making good money.There is no doubt about that.
  • Fire Box
    Fire Box Members Posts: 43
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You should have organizations on campus that will help you find internships in the areas you are studying. Interning is the best way to go to get an idea of what you'll like!
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's a broad major so you can do a lot with it. Think about what you like, music, books, whatever and start searching for companies in your area that need interns or part time work. You can start there as a step while you are taking your classes.
  • Dr Bang
    Dr Bang Members Posts: 185
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this is what cole did lol, thats wassup good luck.