Raekwon - Ice Cream. WTF Is These N*ggas Talking About?

Options

Comments

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U-? entire verse on triumph doesn't make sense at all.

I always said if a person were to learn English through Wu-tang, they'd prolly fail hard.

Not sure if you joking but the detroit lions kicker did just that, i believe porzingis on the Knicks did as well...

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2013/08/08/kicker-kikalicious-havard-rugland/2633389/

There's a lot of young listeners trying to decipher the Wu-Tang's slang and a few more trying to figure out what exactly Ghostface Killah is saying in multiple sections of Supreme Clientele, but Lions kicker Havard Rugland (a.k.a Kickaliscious) was just a Norwegian learning English. He did just that by listening to the group.

Rugland apparently told guard Rob Sims this in what sounds like a totally nonchalant manner. Like having Ghostface Killah as your English language teacher was an everyday deal:

The first day we’re hanging out in the hot tub, right? I’m just talking to him and I was like, ‘You speak English really well. Man, where’d you learn English?’
    He was like, ‘Mostly from movies and listening to Wu-Tang.’ It blew my mind.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Man just like Ghost the ? some ? can't be explained
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nimrod was the biggest hunter/warrior in the bible from Africa.he came from Kush and created numerous cities in the Iraq region where Abraham came from.He also made Babylon.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U-? entire verse on triumph doesn't make sense at all.

I always said if a person were to learn English through Wu-tang, they'd prolly fail hard.

Not sure if you joking but the detroit lions kicker did just that, i believe porzingis on the Knicks did as well...

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2013/08/08/kicker-kikalicious-havard-rugland/2633389/

There's a lot of young listeners trying to decipher the Wu-Tang's slang and a few more trying to figure out what exactly Ghostface Killah is saying in multiple sections of Supreme Clientele, but Lions kicker Havard Rugland (a.k.a Kickaliscious) was just a Norwegian learning English. He did just that by listening to the group.

Rugland apparently told guard Rob Sims this in what sounds like a totally nonchalant manner. Like having Ghostface Killah as your English language teacher was an everyday deal:

The first day we’re hanging out in the hot tub, right? I’m just talking to him and I was like, ‘You speak English really well. Man, where’d you learn English?’
    He was like, ‘Mostly from movies and listening to Wu-Tang.’ It blew my mind.

Ok, now that I find hard to believe. lol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    So...regional references mixed in with ancient biblical ones? Ok. How did I miss that?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C Allah Rule means Car
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    So...regional references mixed in with ancient biblical ones? Ok. How did I miss that?

Wu lyrics aren't that hard to understand conceptually. It's just the references they use are all over the place. I kinda like that about them though. Even to this day, it's nothing for me to hear a song I've been listening to for damn near 20 years and just now get something that was said because I just learned about whatever reference they used.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crispy humming bird,Threw up a stone richie"
    This is obviously drugs right here
    Talking about whipping some soft into rocks

Yes eye got one ?
    Word to yall earths
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This some ? my mother would always say "? don't like to think" and this just made me think of that
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Let's be honest fam. Nas was talking that 5% stuff too but it was understandable.

I love Wu nh, but they don't be saying nothing half of the time. It just sounds dope and they throw a bunch of words together to make them rhyme.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Never really cared to understand most of it, ? was dope tho.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Dont forget....You missed these, too...

Scrod or schrod (/ˈskrɒd/) is any of various whitefish, such as young cod or haddock, that are prepared and eaten as food; often the preparation involves the whitefish being split and ? before cooking.

Shirley Temple Curls...Hair stlye

Shell..meaning body
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On "Bulletproof Diaries", Raekwon said

"Blow your head off like lunch meat "

And

"Yo Game, I got this Superman love for you over here"

• Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Alright decipher these

"Raekwon drop the bomb, hunchback... Notre Dame, golden arms is bronze, buddah palm hit Quran"
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited February 2017
    Options
    "A jungle junkie, vigilante tantrum, a death kiss
    Cat walk squeeze another anthem, hold it for ransom/
    Tranquilize with anaesthesias, my ochersta, graceful music ballerinas"

• The Lonious Monk
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Let's be honest fam. Nas was talking that 5% stuff too but it was understandable.

I love Wu nh, but they don't be saying nothing half of the time. It just sounds dope and they throw a bunch of words together to make them rhyme.

That's simply not true. I'm not saying they didn't spit some nonsensical ? . Ghost has admitted that when he was dusted, he did just spit some ? because it sounded good, but didn't know what it meant. However, to say that most or even half their lyrics are like that is a gross exaggeration.

And Rae just likes making up slang. He calls himself a slang doctor. E-40 is like that too. There is a difference between just putting words together for a rhyme and making up your own slang. That difference being that when you just put words together for a rhyme, after that rhyme it's done. However, Rae and 40 actually talk like that outside of rap. When you hear them ? in interviews, they say crazy ? like that just talking normally too.

For Rae it can go bad though. ? be trying to get too colorful with his language sometimes. I remember he had some interview where something about male fans being interested in him came up. And instead of just saying "I ain't with the ? ? " that ? said something like "My mouth is too small to suck a ? ." It's like come on Rae, I know what you meant, but that ? didn't help your cause.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Lol yea I still clown Rae for that my mouth is too small line.

? was mad weird.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    But ? love E-40 slang tho

Lol E-40 makes sense tho. He just change the words at the end.

Rae says whole sentences that makes zero sense with no explanation.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But ? love E-40 slang tho

Lol E-40 makes sense tho. He just change the words at the end.

Rae says whole sentences that makes zero sense with no explanation.
    LOL it makes sense my brother, it's just what he is saying a lot of people don't know that particular slang
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's not there fault you not from their section and not hip to their lingo ...
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WITTY UNPREDICTABLE FLY ?