New York... School Me.

Options
Mastery
Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
Heading to NY (Manhattan) for work for the whole month of June. I've never been before. What are some of the best things to do out there?

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Washington heights for Latinas
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    try to catch lion King on Broadway or misty Copeland.... eat at the veiw restaurant.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    take a cab/Uber (or even the MTA) when going out in Manhattan
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The women. Don't believe the hype, rappers will have u think theres nothing but scandalous hoodrat ? out there. When I was there, pure pretty and sexy down to earth girls I was meeting.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • longhairr
    longhairr Members Posts: 14
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Avoid upper east side. Full of snooty and stuffy old people. Downtown and Brooklyn are where it's at.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brooklyn's nice all year around.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best time of year to go
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Queens, Bronx, and Brooklyn are my favorite boroughs

Los maricos in the Chelsea market has really good tacos And Creperie NYC in Greenwich village are two places I recommend

Other than that your best bet is yelp they will put you on to the best spots to get what you want. Just stay away from times square and those types of touristy areas it's just a waste of time
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    if you go to the Puerto Rican parade....don't wear red, 76ers apparel or gold and black.

keep your head on a swivel . but them chicks are top notch
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The third Sunday in June there's this rather interesting parade that goes down 5th Ave starting at 42nd St. and goes through Greenwich Village. The best place to see this parade is front of the Stone Wall Inn which is on Christpoher St. There's a lot of scantly clad ? at the parade with their ? out.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People be lying there ass off.Just walk around Time Square...The whole fun part of NY is cathing trains and going to numerous places quick.You cam probably visit all 5 boroughs in a day because the trains are fast as ? .Try finding someone in the IC to chill with you.But just walking around is fucn enough.Tine Square got every ? item you can imagem there.Besides that it´s all concrete.Brooklyn is all concrete real talk.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Brooklyn - downtown area is the new It place but you'll be around a bunch of hipsters, the other side of BK is hood ain't much out there.

Bronx - hood, ? and stuck in the past but has a bunch of hoes

Queens - Astoria/Steinway bunch of party spots, flushing for mets games and site seeing, the rest is pretty much dead.

Staten island - ain't ? over there but landfills and the mob it's like NYC doesn't even claim it.

Manhattan - tourist central just pick up a map and up and go train lines take u everywhere.

Lower Manhattan - Wtc, Statue of Liberty, south street seaport, the east river bridges, Wall Street.

Mid town - Empire State Building, Chrysler building, Rockefeller center, MSG, time square, bunch if stores to buy whatever

Lower uptown - Harlem etc, bunch of druggies and hipsters

Uptown - poppin ? , parties, Drugs, lil Dominican Republic they run that up there