Undocumented Woman With Brain Tumor Removed From Hospital By Trump

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
An undocumented woman in desperate need of brain surgery has been forcibly removed from a Texas hospital — and her relatives in New York fear she could lose her life, a family representative said early Thursday.

Sara Beltran-Hernandez was detained after trying to migrate to the Big Apple from El Salvador without proper documentation in November 2015, family spokeswoman Melissa Zuniga told the Daily News. Beltran-Hernandez has been held at the Prairieland Detention Center in Alvarado, Texas ever since, as her Queens-based family members have tried to petition for her asylum.

Earlier this month, Beltran-Hernandez, 26, began complaining about severe headaches, nosebleeds and memory loss. Last week, she collapsed and was subsequently taken to a hospital. Doctors diagnosed her with a brain tumor and determined that she needed surgery.

But Zuniga told The News that Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents forcibly removed Beltran-Hernandez from the Huguley Hospital in Fort Worth on Wednesday evening.

NYPD won't round up immigrants under Trump's deportation orders

"They had her tied up from hands and ankles," Zuniga said. "She was brought in a wheelchair and is not being given treatment even though her nose continues to bleed and she has told them her head is exploding."

Sara Beltran-Hernandez was reportedly removed against her will from the Huguley Hospital in Fort Worth.

Beltran-Hernandez had been put on a surgery waitlist over the weekend, according to Zuniga. But when Beltran-Hernandez' relatives called on Wednesday night, the surgery was suddenly off the table.

"ICE was preparing paper work to get her back to the detention center," Zuniga said.

Two hours later, Beltran-Hernandez called from the detention center.

Mexico fears Trump will build deportation camps on border

Zuniga said the ordeal has been a "nightmare" for Beltran-Hernandez' relatives. They've spent every waking moment feverishly contacting officials.

Beltran-Hernandez was "in custody" at the Prairieland Detention Center as of early Thursday, according to the ICE detainee lookup.

"We’ve tried calling everyone. We’ve called the White House, we tried calling Mayor de Blasio, we tried calling Obama, we’ve tried calling senators," Zuniga said.

Beltran-Hernandez was listed as being "in custody" at the Prairieland Detention Center as of early Thursday, according to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement website.

ICE officials did not immediately return a request for comment on Beltran-Hernandez' condition, but issued a generic statement on Tuesday urging relatives seeking to visit her to obtain approval beforehand.

"ICE reached out to the family to explain the process," an ICE spokeswoman said.

Beltran-Hernandez' sister — who resides in Queens together with their mother and stepfather — was flying to Texas together with primary attorney Marcia Kasdan on Thursday morning to demand the release of her sibling, Zuniga said.

A number of recent ICE cases have drawn national attention — and ire — in light of the Trump administration's pledge to ? down on illegal immigration. Human rights groups charge that deportation orders have been more aggressively pursued since Trump became President.

On Tuesday, Trump's Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly rolled out a plan meant to widely expand the perimeters for who may be targeted for deportation.

The Obama administration primarily focused on deporting undocumented immigrants convicted of violent offenses.

The new order, on the other hand, targets anyone that has been convicted of a criminal offense or received any type of government assistance.

Zuniga said Beltran-Hernandez' family members are running a race against the clock.

"We just want her out of there," Zuniga said. "I fear we may be too late."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/undocumented-woman-brain-tumor-removed-hospital-lawyer-article-1.2979956

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand why it is America's fault that she snuck in the country but ended up getting a tumor.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I bet her baby's name is Jesus too.

But these so-called Christians still wouldn't see the irony.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Was going to post this. Her fault, she shouldn't have snuck her ass across the border (or overstayed her Visa,) expecting ? . Anyway, how is that the Police Commission going to make a bold pronouncement about what laws he will and not enforce? I'm personally opposed to child support. You mean to tell me that if I didn't want to enforce this ? up law, I would be entitled to do so? How about those ? up smoking laws? It's unseasonably warm out 'chere in the NYC, (57 degrees,) you mean to tell me they should let muthafuckas smoke in the park, bars and restaurants? I just hope the Mayor de Blasio and Commissioner O'Neil feel the same way when Stop and Frisk comes back.

I will say this though. The emphasis on the deportation seems to be on Latinos, when it should be on everybody here illegally. I understand that vast majority of illegals are essés, but there's a gang of chinks and Russians over here illegally to that need to be rounded up and shipped home also.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Was going to post this. Her fault, she have snuck her ass across the border expecting ? . Anyway, how is that the Police Commission going to make a bold pronouncement about what laws he will and not enforce? I'm personally opposed to child support. You mean to tell me that if I didn't want to enforce this ? up law, I would be entitled to do so? How about those ? up smoking laws? It's unseasonably warm out 'chere in the NYC, (57 degrees,) you mean to tell me they should let muthafuckas smoke in the park, bars and restaurants? I just hope the Mayor de Blasio and Commissioner O'Neil feel the same way when Stop and Frisk comes back.

I will say this though. The emphasis on the deportation seems to be on Latinos, when it should be on everybody here illegally. I understand that vast majority of illegals are essés, but there's a gang of chinks and Russians over here illegally to that need to be rounded up and shipped home also.

by now you should know why this is specifically targeting some ethnic groups over others.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with kai
    Yall know i dont even like spiccs pero
    yea she's undocumented but to drag a chick out the hospital and....hold up...
    no one ? said it was america's fault ? ? @BiblicalAtheist
    Gat dayum kai
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b'mer... wrote: »
    At what point does humility begin. Yes, she is undocumented...but that comes second to life and death. Doctors have a hippocratic oath to save lives. That line is not tn be crossed by red tape rhetoric. She could of have the life depending surgery with an allowed recovery time and then relocated back to her country of origin. Common sense to me...

the most shameful part about is that our war on drugs and interventions in latin america is why mexico and a lot of south america is uninhabitable
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Trump on it today, He straight drag her out of the hospital hair flopping and everything.

Yall mfer and that clickbait title.It worked.

Kai pretty much said what I wanted to.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People should also be considering the role of this hospital in what has happened here. We must determine whether this hospital was complicit in placing the phone call that led to those animals showing up. It could have been an effort by the hospital to avoid financial losses. If that's the case, ? need to show up at that hospital's door step in droves.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    I don't understand why it is America's fault that she snuck in the country but ended up getting a tumor.

no one ? said it was america's fault ? ? @BiblicalAtheist , the point is that it's uncaring, inhumane, and most likely a violation of human rights to drag someone out of a hospital. not surprised you're a heartless ? tho, it's been proven that you pasty devils can not feel empathy for poc. do you think this would happen in canada?

you're so edgy and clever having not a shred of empathy, good for you

scsc.gif

Go ? yourself.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I agree with kai
    Yall know i dont even like spiccs pero
    yea she's undocumented but to drag a chick out the hospital and....hold up...
    no one ? said it was america's fault ? ? @BiblicalAtheist
    Gat dayum kai

@gns, i usually don't like white people in general, and that old ass hoe is the embodiment of why, walking around with their smug noses in the air, like their opinions are just paramount and correct. none of this country or north america is theirs, but they get to decided who's illegal or not? you want people to go back to their countries? take y'all neanderthal ? back to the caucus mountains first

you know what, i don't post much anymore, but ? all that, i'm cancelling that ? . not banning her, just gonna show that cobweb ? hoe that she, her dry ass opinions, nor her existence are needed or wanted here. always wanna stick their beak noses in anything trying to be exclusively black, then walk around like they own the place

tumblr_m7qx60sCIu1rwu9euo1_400.gif

tumblr_lrtub3kixu1qaboh9o1_r2_250.gif?w=240
    @kai be with me babe
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn!
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

no one ? said it was america's fault ? ? @BiblicalAtheist , the point is that it's uncaring, inhumane, and most likely a violation of human rights to drag someone out of a hospital. not surprised you're a heartless ? tho, it's been proven that you pasty devils can not feel empathy for poc. do you think this would happen in canada?

scsc.gif

Go ? yourself.

go take your trailer trash, mcdonald's grease smelling, Methuselah looking ass on somewhere. you and your wack ass ? ain't ? , hence why you got all them kids and no man. you and your cave dwelling ilk ain't ? , and will never be ? , hence why y'all need to ? on minorities to feel superior about something, cuz it sure as hell can't be y'all thin ass lips looking like a ? slit or the fact that you heathens can't even go in the sun. even the sun trying burn y'all evil ? off this planet cuz you're a cancer to it

go head, let's so how mad you have to get before you start letting your true racist, mayonnaise ways show like you've done before. i'll show you uppity ? , cuz i'm gonna stay getting all up in that ass. you won't get no peace from me on here just like the rest of earth can't get peace from you devils
    Please see my previous response for the current response.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sara Beltran-Hernandez was detained after trying to migrate to the Big Apple from El Salvador without proper documentation in November 2015, family spokeswoman Melissa Zuniga told the Daily News. Beltran-Hernandez has been held at the Prairieland Detention Center in Alvarado, Texas ever since, as her Queens-based family members have tried to petition for her asylum.

If this bird's been in a detention center since 2015....how is it Trump's fault?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

scsc.gif

Go ? yourself.

go take your trailer trash, mcdonald's grease smelling, Methuselah looking ass on somewhere. you and your wack ass ? ain't ? , hence why you got all them kids and no man. you and your cave dwelling ilk ain't ? , and will never be ? , hence why y'all need to ? on minorities to feel superior about something, cuz it sure as hell can't be y'all thin ass lips looking like a ? slit or the fact that you heathens can't even go in the sun. even the sun trying burn y'all evil ? off this planet cuz you're a cancer to it

go head, let's so how mad you have to get before you start letting your true racist, mayonnaise ways show like you've done before. i'll show you uppity ? , cuz i'm gonna stay getting all up in that ass. you won't get no peace from me on here just like the rest of earth can't get peace from you devils

my point exactly, ? you don't run ? in here, if you can't handle the heat, get the ? on. dry ass responses, don't contribute ? to anything, just leeching trying soak up some flavour cuz your personality just as dry as your chicken

BoVVKwGIMAE2cqL.jpg
    white people personality on a plate

Aww are you upset cuz I give you so little effort and your rant for lines and lines?
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options

scsc.gif

Go ? yourself.

my point exactly, ? you don't run ? in here, if you can't handle the heat, get the ? on. dry ass responses, don't contribute ? to anything, just leeching trying soak up some flavour cuz your personality just as dry as your chicken

BoVVKwGIMAE2cqL.jpg
    white people personality on a plate

Aww are you upset cuz I give you so little effort and your rant for lines and lines?

look at that typical white mentality, think you are just so important and just at the center of things. ? you couldn't say a single clever thing if you tried, that's why your wack ass is here, hoping your bland ass could learn how to be witty and off the cuff like black people are. but like a true, entitled vanilla demon, you think everything is about you and that ? should just cater to you when you show up. hence why you still in here embarrassing yourself. go moisturize your dry, wrinkled ass skin and ? put your illegitimate children to sleep before they blow up your ? lab. you contribute nothing, you are irrelevant, you are unimportant, you are unwanted, you are a waste of life, air and space, on here and irl. more of you crackas need to understand this, these are facts

• BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Blah blah blah wtf is all that ? ? ? I ain't reading that's what. Bye.