Look at this ? ? from Stephen A.

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So yall putting ads on mobile, all in people post and ? now. Is this the "next level" yall stickied that thread for?

SMH
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    He didn't vote, so now his methods by some are seen as ineffective and if he would've voted 3rd party or write in, I believe those same people would've criticized him for that.

agree with your whole post but had to highlight this sentence cuz ? i believe that ? whole heartedly. mfs act like they would've been fine with him voting 3rd party "as long as he voted!!" but they'd ? about him doing that too "its a wasted vote!! :cry::cry: " He did ? his way, not the way randomguy32 on an internet forum thinks he should've done it, and theres nothing wrong with it.

now go ahead, ask kap, the non voting, silent protestor what he's done for the community lately...make sure u do ALL your googles.
  • Go figure
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He came out pro Bernie, I believe. So why not at least vote for bernie?
    I put those that didn't vote and those that voted for Trump in the same boat

by your logic, for him to "at least vote for bernie"...would, again by your logic, put him in your same imaginary boat as those that didnt vote or those that voted for trump.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

by your logic, for him to "at least vote for bernie"...would, again by your logic, put him in your same imaginary boat as those that didnt vote or those that voted for trump.

What it would do is give validity to his ? demonstration. Voting for bernie wouldve been futile but he couldve inspired pthera to follow suit. Dude had the highest selling jersey. But he showed whay he was about. Again, protesting in itself does nothong. Yeah, u mighr get on the news but then what?? America isn't that complicated. Everything he supposedly was protesting for can be combated by voting for laws that protect blacks and hold cops accountable. That happens on a state level. Everyone seems to get that but blacks as a whole though. It's hilarious that he acknowledged that his demonstration might cost him his job last year but the cause was so great that he was going to keep doing it. Now he's changed his tune?? And y'all buy this ? ?? Lol I guess.
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    Now there's a report the Kaepernick will stand for the national anthem in 2017 if he's picked up by a team lol. Can't make this ? up. Cops must've all came together and said they'll be no more unarmed killings or racial profiling.....lol. where are the Kaepernick capes now??

He already sacrificed a lot -- he might not even get picked up by a team, despite his talent. So he's supposed to keep sacrificing and sacrificing? When a person goes above and beyond, he or she has a right to decide when he or she has sacrificed enough.

@manofmorehouse I wacked you, and then I explained why I don't agree with what you said. Can you explain what you disagree with what I said (and so why you wacked my response)?

Last year when he first started demonstrating, he said he might get cut or his career might end but he was ok with it because speaking our was bigger than football. A year later, not so much lol. It's dope that this report came out today. ? got a problem with SAS calling him out on this but not a problem with Kaepernick reneging after his ? demonstration?? "I'm going to kneel but not vote". Ok, cause that solves the problem....lol ? is ridiculous
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all going back and forth with a nihga who said he's done his part by voting. That's the extent of his contribution. FOH. Go chew on a spearmint brick

Dude not only gave money but his time and you gave your vote. How high is your high horse
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @manofmorehouse you've typed A lot of words about Kap.. i hope you're this vocal about trump.. but probably not...
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Y'all going back and forth with a nihga who said he's done his part by voting. That's the extent of his contribution. FOH. Go chew on a spearmint brick

Dude not only gave money but his time and you gave your vote. How high is your high horse

U right. His kneeling has changed so much. That's going to change policy in the U.S. oh, and protesting. Kneeling and protesting...
    Trillfate wrote: »
    @manofmorehouse you've typed A lot of words about Kap.. i hope you're this vocal about trump.. but probably not...

If you've read any of the posts on politics leading up to and after the election, u know my thoughts on Trump. But the thing with Trump is that he's done everything he said he'd do. It's horrible, he's an idiot, and extremely dangerous, but the fact is people like Kaepernick who didn't vote or voted third party helped his election. No amoumt of kneeling or protesting or wearing hats shaped like ? will change that. But I'm done. Some things aren't worth arguing. People will believe what they choose to.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What this comes down to
    qxhw9dfpy4w1.jpg
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would have been stronger if he spoke more truth, as opposed to just silent protesting. It was inevitable that he would eventually stop because it was a trend, but wiser words coupled with it would have rang on... Maybe he is not that wise although his "boldness" was admirable.

No idea why Stephen A is so mad, definitely some subconscious hate brewing up in his overblown ego.

I feel at the end of the day, the media just used him (Kaep) as a tool to divide more people and offer no resolution, just problems... that's their job after all. Planned media...
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

What it would do is give validity to his ? demonstration. Voting for bernie wouldve been futile but he couldve inspired pthera to follow suit. Dude had the highest selling jersey. But he showed whay he was about. Again, protesting in itself does nothong. Yeah, u mighr get on the news but then what?? America isn't that complicated. Everything he supposedly was protesting for can be combated by voting for laws that protect blacks and hold cops accountable. That happens on a state level. Everyone seems to get that but blacks as a whole though. It's hilarious that he acknowledged that his demonstration might cost him his job last year but the cause was so great that he was going to keep doing it. Now he's changed his tune?? And y'all buy this ? ?? Lol I guess.

Yeah the whole "I aint gon vote" thing. So your just going to give your actual voice over to someone else so they can choose how they want it for you? And have no say? Brilliant you have overthought it to the point of losing the sense. I agree its not that complicated so dont make it. Great job doing exactly what they want you to do. And not taking the actual action that can make a difference for people. People really didnt think that through. Who your voting for is even secondary to just voting.
    Then people want to get upset after the fact and approach things sideways and backwards.
    The protests were one thing but the not voting idiocy is something else.
    I also notice the people who had that type of rhetoric before the election have been quite quiet after.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'll leave this here for the EXTREMELY uninformed about this man's follow through.

http://kaepernick7.com/

Quick snippet on why he didn't vote
    Colin Kaepernick on election: 'Didn't really matter who went in'

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick says it didn't matter to him who won Tuesday's presidential election.

Kaepernick said he didn't believe any of the candidates, including President-elect Donald Trump, who in the past criticized the quarterback's decision to kneel during the national anthem, would change a system that he said "oppresses people of color."

Kaepernick, who did not vote Tuesday, said during a conference call Wednesday with media in Arizona that he "really didn't pay too close of attention" to the election, which was decided close to midnight on the West Coast.

"I've been very disconnected from the systematic oppression as a whole," Kaepernick said. "So, for me, it's another face that's going to be the face of that system of oppression.

"And to me, it didn't really matter who went in there. The system still remains intact that oppresses people of color."

Kaepernick, 29, has taken a stance against racial inequality and oppression all season by kneeling during the national anthem. He stopped standing for the anthem during preseason games and has continued his protest throughout the regular season -- a gesture denounced by Trump.

During an interview with KIRO radio in Seattle in August, Trump criticized Kaepernick's choice to protest during the anthem.

"I think it's personally not a good thing. I think it's a terrible thing," Trump said. "And, you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him. Let him try. It won't happen."

Kaepernick responded in September to Trump's comments.

"That's a very ignorant statement, that if you don't agree with what's going on here, that if you want justice and liberty and freedom for all, that you should leave the country," Kaepernick said. "He always says, 'Make America great again.' Well, America has never been great for people of color, and that's something that needs to be addressed. Let's make America great for the first time."

While Kaepernick singled out Trump, he also shared his dissatisfaction with Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton after the first presidential debate in September.

"To me, it was embarrassing to watch that these are our two candidates," Kaepernick said. "Both are proven liars, and it almost seems like they're trying to debate who is less racist, and at this point, I was talking to one of my friends who goes, 'You have to pick the lesser of two evils, but in the end, it's still evil.'"

New York Jets wideout Brandon Marshall, who has expressed support for Kaepernick's protests, was more conciliatory about Trump's triumph Tuesday.

"The thing I like about this whole situation is we have a flawed man leading our country, and I think that's a good thing because we try to put certain people in certain positions on a pedestal and we expect perfection," Marshall said. "That's not the case. There's only one perfect man who walked this earth. It gives hope to those who are flawed. People get second chances. I hope he does a great job."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18009671/san-francisco-49ers-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-pay-attention-tuesday-election-results

If as a black man or a sane person you can't understand why some people don't vote I don't know what to tell you.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It would have been stronger if he spoke more truth, as opposed to just silent protesting. It was inevitable that he would eventually stop because it was a trend, but wiser words coupled with it would have rang on... Maybe he is not that wise although his "boldness" was admirable.

No idea why Stephen A is so mad, definitely some subconscious hate brewing up in his overblown ego.

I feel at the end of the day, the media just used him (Kaep) as a tool to divide more people and offer no resolution, just problems... that's their job after all. Planned media...

Kaepernick gave interviews the whole season damn near about everything involving his protest and the causes and chartities he was donating money.

That man even went so far as talk about the books he read and people he talked to before he even made his move to start sitting and then kneeling during the anthem.

All yall have to do is google everything is right there. That man been speaking out and his ? was very far from a silent protest.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kap articulated himself at every stop he didnt just throw on a hoodie or wear a shirt...

The divide was always there.. you cant make a divide worse its there and its been there.. stop with this blamin the media ? .
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

U right. His kneeling has changed so much. That's going to change policy in the U.S. oh, and protesting. Kneeling and protesting...

If you've read any of the posts on politics leading up to and after the election, u know my thoughts on Trump. But the thing with Trump is that he's done everything he said he'd do. It's horrible, he's an idiot, and extremely dangerous, but the fact is people like Kaepernick who didn't vote or voted third party helped his election. No amoumt of kneeling or protesting or wearing hats shaped like ? will change that. But I'm done. Some things aren't worth arguing. People will believe what they choose to.

Yea, it's just like I figured. Even if Kaep voted 3rd party, you were going to see his protest as ineffective. If he didn't vote how you wanted him too, then it's all no good.
  • Go figure
    Options

Bruh, he said the day OF the election he wasnt voting. There was no anticipation or build up, he didnt rally the non voters of america to unite and become a force. Reporters asked, he said no. I dont think his choice inspired anyone one way or the other, but his protest did.

Whether he stands or sits next year for any reason, real or speculative, does not take away from the much needed discussion of race relations brought back up by his kneeling especially in the sports world. Nor does it take away from the ? he does off the field where he is backing up the ? he is saying.

And dont forget the context. Every other week another black person was getting shot by police on film, people were emotional and angry, that was his reaction, he probably didnt even think it would have became the story it has.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A is also a ? for having the anti-black Will Cain on his show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r8ApD9yA-k
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? making a big deal about Kaep not voting in a election rigged by Russia smh. The audacity of you ? . Kaep should be celebrated amongst our ppl. Its his right to withhold his vote if he doesnt see a candidate worth voting for. Instead of praise his courage you dissect the man bc he didnt protest the way YOU wouldve (none of u ? would have courage to protest anyway). ? SAS & any ? that agree with him
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen shouldn't be taken seriously on anything outside of reporting on the NBA, and it's questionable if he should be taken seriously on that either.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Its weird cuz he legit doesn't like Will Cain and always checks him yet they share a lot of the same anti black views
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its weird cuz he legit doesn't like Will Cain and always checks him yet they share a lot of the same anti black views

Nah, I wouldn't class him with Will Cain, but I agree that he ain't too fond of him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's not as bad as Cain. If anything, he's using Cain to give himself an opportunity to look like the "good guy" on black issues. I believe SaS gets tired of being called a ? .
  • bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SAS is super saiyan cooning right now. On this topic, voting is the most irrelevant deflection imaginable. If voting was worth a damn why did the democrats lose?

And to all these posters in this thread ? riding DNC talking points, why aren't you upset at SAS for encouraging blacks to vote republican for the last 5 years?
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at anyone giving a ? about what ? ass Stephen A. has to say. Inb4 the Willie D "? " video.