Does america have a proble with masculinity?

Options
MazterChef
MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
jared-fogle.jpg?w=650
hqdefault.jpg
3060648-poster-p-1-why-sprint-recruited-the-can-you-hear-me-now-verizon-guy-for-its-new-campaign.jpg
every commercial every tv show its some ? ass beta male on it

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Yes it does...but there are certain things about the way we've been taught to be masculine that do need to be updated because they do more harm long term in the development of men than good
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Masculinity is a cultural trait.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes but only from certain races of people
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Everybody tryna tell you not to punch ? in the face and be about your ? . Action means less
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly and earnestly believe that it is a kind of a conspiracy against blackman.
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    I honestly and earnestly believe that it is a kind of a conspiracy against blackman.

how does beta white men destroy black men
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »

When did I say beta white males? I mean the concept of masculinity being toxic. The idea that it should be stunned.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MazterChef wrote: »

Just by being part of the white male team. They participate and benefit just by being white men and going along with program
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think we do. America's wants consumers. Most men (at least those I associate with) are practical. The beta, effeminate males appear to be more about shopping, appearance, and being seen. It's cool right now to sell to that crowd.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited March 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Yes it does...but there are certain things about the way we've been taught to be masculine that do need to be updated because they do more harm long term in the development of men than good

I'm taking the bait. In what ways did your father teach you to be masculine that need updating?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

I'm taking the bate. It what ways did your father teach you to be masculine that need updating?

One thing that definitely does need to be updated in America society is the idea of a man being a stoic unmoving rock. Neglecting emotions stun a man, conquering them allows growtg.

thats the only thing i could come up wit..
    cause ill be damned if they take my ? grabbin away from me! lol
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

White culture appears to instill a fear of black people, especially masculine black men. It's usually a white person that was actually raised around black folks that doesn't have that fear in them.

But black masculinity promotes characteristics that are productive to black people. Of course a racist society would be against that.

However, I think the elite want to pussify the lower classes all around. Makes it easier for the few to rule the many.
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the cool look at the subway man eyes. Dude looked like he was on dirt whole time
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

I'm taking the bait. In what ways did your father teach you to be masculine that need updating?

I wasn't talking my father I was talking masculinity in general...the majority of the idea of what being a man is is the same across the globe and somebody already pointed out one of the biggest
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I'm taking the bate. It what ways did your father teach you to be masculine that need updating?

One thing that definitely does need to be updated in America society is the idea of a man being a stoic unmoving rock. Neglecting emotions stun a man, conquering them allows growtg.

I disagree. I think there's a time and place for every emotion. Sometimes we all have to be stoic and unmoving. I think the fact that many of us men and women stay flip flopping is, an issue. Flipping flopping causes confusion.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I wasn't talking my father I was talking masculinity in general...the majority of the idea of what being a man is is the same across the globe and somebody already pointed out one of the biggest

Gotcha. I'm cool with the world view of what being a man and woman should be. What I think both men and women suffer from is, the inability to balance who we are and perhaps what we should be.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

I disagree. I think there's a time and place for every emotion. Sometimes we all have to be stoic and unmoving. I think the fact that many of us men and women stay flip flopping is, an issue. Flipping flopping causes confusion.

You are agreeing with me though. I never said you should be controlled by emotions or let them influence you irrationally, just that you shouldn't neglect them because people see men as stoic creatures.

Of course everyone has to be willing to put their foot down at some point. For instance you can tell your girlfriend or wife " I'm unwilling to accept cheaters because of the pain it will cause me andown the trust it will shatter. You are still stoic just you are using your emotions to reinforce your belief.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's an advertising angle to make companies appear subservient to you. Its intentional, but not in the way yall might think.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fragile masculinity is a problem, and companies use it to their advantage.

why do you think there are so many products that are "For MEN!" or "For Women"? even products that have no effect when used by one gender or another, like toothbrushes and ? ?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes... but on the flip side you have the Old Spice commercials which are hyper Masculine,
    or the Dos Equis guy, or the Miller High Life guy who died not to long ago.

Maybe you need to watch more sports.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Peep this, the old strategy of companies used to view Americans as mostly confident and secure. So they appealed to what most people want..i.e "the guys wanna be him and the girls want to be with him"..that's when companies respected the consumer.

Now, the companies basically view you as ? . So they use pitchmen that appear more ? than you. So you feel like In the relationship with the company, you are in charge. I.e. Those sprint commercials where millennials are faux breaking up with their phone companies. As tho they are the Alpha in the relationship.

And they do this because they don't respect you and view this generation as ? . So they ain't tryna make you ? . They're callin you ? , if your gonna be mad. Be mad at that
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A beta is the second in line to be Alpha if the old Alpha either dies or gets beaten or kicked out or injured. Basically a Vice-President.