You want to date white people do it.This is why I changed my mind about just dating your own race.

Options
Cabana_Da_Don
Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
When I lived in the U.S I remenber my mother saying.´´Don´t date no white women´´ when I was a teen and that struck me as a racist as hell comment.I didn´t even reply I took it as joke but I never forgot that.By the way my mom is not Black but she said she wanted ´´Black grandkids´´ this was back in 2001. Then I moned back to Brazil.I went through some hard times dating wise where I live now which is mostly black and I noticed year after year that black women out here in Brazil don´t really ? with black man 100% like in the U.S and that hurt my soul hard because I´m pro black, plus women nowadays are on that feminism type of mental state which exclude us even more.I noticed they would lean towards white man or lighter dudes but there was the conscious ones you can only find online that´s where I found my s/o now we dating for 2 years.But this is where I want to get.If your a black person and your whole life you been put aside, nobody in your race wanting to date you and people from other races treat you well and want to love you and date you and even talk about having a life with you and support you how can you let that go just because so and so think it´s wrong.Should you suffer because of a race war and wait on some black princess or black prince that might never show up or be happy with whoever independently of there race? By the ways I had dreams of having a full black family conscious and having kids but I´m giving that up.Most black women are going all the way left with it.Wanting to be feminist and not having kids but then you see online a bunch of black women with white dudes and having a bunch of kids and all about that African life.What are your thoughts on it.By the way this is no way or form an attack at black women nor black man.

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say date who you like.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I lived in the U.S I remenber my mother saying.´´Don´t date no white women´´ when I was a teen and that struck me as a racist as hell comment.I didn´t even reply I took it as joke but I never forgot that.By the way my mom is not Black but she said she wanted ´´Black grandkids´´ this was back in 2001. Then I moned back to Brazil.I went through some hard times dating wise where I live now which is mostly black and I noticed year after year that black women out here in Brazil don´t really ? with black man 100% like in the U.S and that hurt my soul hard because I´m pro black, plus women nowadays are on that feminism type of mental state which exclude us even more.I noticed they would lean towards white man or lighter dudes but there was the conscious ones you can only find online that´s where I found my s/o now we dating for 2 years.But this is where I want to get.If your a black person and your whole life you been put aside, nobody in your race wanting to date you and people from other races treat you well and want to love you and date you and even talk about having a life with you and support you how can you let that go just because so and so think it´s wrong.Should you suffer because of a race war and wait on some black princess or black prince that might never show up or be happy with whoever independently of there race? By the ways I had dreams of having a full black family conscious and having kids but I´m giving that up.Most black women are going all the way left with it.Wanting to be feminist and not having kids but then you see online a bunch of black women with white dudes and having a bunch of kids and all about that African life.What are your thoughts on it.By the way this is no way or form an attack at black women nor black man.

I have always believed that, if you're black, it matters who you date (never was with this "date who you want ? "), and I believe so even more strongly today. But I was always impressed by the reasoning highlighted in bold. It is a powerful point. You can't reasonably expect a person to sacrifice like that.

What some AAs need to understand is that black women outside of America are way more open to non-black men than AA women are. Even some AA aren't checking for black men like that. Still, on a whole they are much more so than black women from other parts of the world.
  • Undefeatable
    edited March 2017
    Options
    By the way, I am not trying to encourage black people to date white. We should discourage it. But if a person lives somewhere where black people of the other sex aren't checking for for his/her sex, it is hard to condemn him/her if he/she does date out. That's why I say that we have to act so as create conditions so that you don't have that (black people of one or both sexes not checking for for his/her sex).
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hearing the influence of race, but what about culture and even class? You can't always expect black folk growing up in, say, a predominantly white suburb to have more exclusive affinity towards all things black.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have always believed that, if you're black, it matters who you date (never was with this "date who you want ? "), and I believe so even more strongly today.

Could you elaborate? Just curious.

I generally agree (i.e., it's not wise to just date anyone you like), but are you saying that it's very difficult or impossible for black folk to find happiness dating outside their race?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Kat

Let's make it happen honey.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I have always believed that, if you're black, it matters who you date (never was with this "date who you want ? "), and I believe so even more strongly today.

Could you elaborate? Just curious.

I generally agree (i.e., it's not wise to just date anyone you like), but are you saying that it's very difficult or impossible for black folk to find happiness dating outside their race?

No, I'm not saying that we can't find happiness dating outside of our race.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Date people for the right reasons.. not out of spite/perceived docility/racial fetish/ self hate/insecurity.

Its ok to have preference.. and preference alone.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I've never heard other groups of people with this mentality. It's quite strange.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me as a brown skin male (Ai skin tone, pause), slim, 6 foot, regular hair cut, youthful looks. As a first read
    I usually attract black women with a darker complexion (no problems with that).

women of other races, as well as Light skin black women, are attracted to me off of the second read, That usually involves my personal style, my beliefs, my occupation, my humor, ect..

The first read requires no effort.
    The second read requires effort.

This has been my experience growing up in the northeast US
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is impossible but ill save writing the paragraphs it pretty easy to figure out.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I've never heard other groups of people with this mentality. It's quite strange.

im glad you said it...

white people don't look at it like it's no good white people around so they gonna date outside they race.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

im glad you said it...

white people don't look at it like it's no good white people around so they gonna date outside they race.

Why you think that is?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    man idgaf

I'll say this, I've ? white ? but I'm not tryna procreate w/ one

need a lil melanin

Just outta curiosity, what would you have done If you accidentally got one of those white girls pregnant? @Brian B.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So no black girl not the lunch lady the crazy one leged girl not one? U a potatoe looking for a peach
  • Undefeatable
    Options

What mentality? That if you are having a hard time looking within your race you can look out as well?