Serious Question, Should you let people who done you wrong in the past back into your life?

Options
MazterChef
MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
Their energy was off
You never prospered when they were around, They lowkey had jealousy issues
But you and they grew up together
They flipped on you and you havent spoke in over two years
They are in trouble you go back to help them

You are now free things are going better , do you let them back in?

Comments

• optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course you let them back in, if you're a glutton for punishment. I don't even ? with people who let people back in after ? ? .
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "done me wrong" and "just aint ? and carries bad vibes" are two different things

I got people I had to quit ? wit b/c of my change of lifestyle but Im still cool with them

aint no cool with anybody who actually ? me over in any way.....if I let you back in, its so I can watch you while im bakin this cake up for you
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OP sound like a Drake song
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    strictly situational

• mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In general? Nah.

Not without special circumstances, ties, etc
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ex could be homeless, 85lbs and starving, in tattered rags, missing an eye with a wooden leg and a claw hand, I'll walk around her ass like she doesn't exist or call the cops on her for being a public nuisance.

I fell out with one of my boys from back in the 90's over some business ? . Haven't spoken to dude in 18 years or so. If he were to reach out today like "Yo, Koncept, aye dawg I'm in dire straits and need help", I'll help him out. That was some business ? and we've both grown up and moved on from that point. Yeah it went down kinda foul, but ? it; my dude needs help so I can leave that ? in the past.

Some muhfuckas don't deserve to be back in my life.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    strictly situational

this..

its not always a bad thing..
    now u got someone who will work hard to work they way back into ur good graces that they dont know they never will..

it gives u the one up..
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt say yes or no, its more like a situational thing and how much you care about that person but...

You should never get back to the point where you put them in the position to ? you over again... You can be friends with someone and never put them in a position of trust.

And if this person is just plotting against you regardless, I dont know why they were your friend in the first place.

Also I dont think its right to place your short comings on them. Like saying when they were around I wasn't ? . I dont think that was their fault, thats a you thing. So if you are now on your feet and they are struggling, you should be in a better situation where you can help and it won't really put you in jeopardy.

Still though, sometimes we grow up and people from our past just simply no longer fit in our lives. Don't try to force it, if they are still on some petty street criminal ? and you are legit business man or whatever, theres a reason the old you wasnt successful. Use context clues.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a cousin that I don't deal with because she ignorant and don't show respect. Her brother and mother act the same and they always been that way but I am not going to put up with it just because that's the way they are. I'm too old for that ? so I don't want to be around them.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shake ya ass make ya baby dady mad
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Depends...like if you were on some wack ? when we were 18 and you come back around at 22....under the right circumstances I'll give you the benefit of the doubt cuz maybe you've matured since then.

But what was done to me and was it intentional? Did I deserve it? How long have we known each other? How close were we? What was going on in your life when we fell out?

All need to be taken into account before I have you around me again.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The timing of this thread is impeccable... just found out today that one of my exes interviewed for a position at my job smh..not only that, the posting is in a department I work closely with.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u do me wrong and i let u back in it's just so i can beat yo ass unexpectedly
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends on the severity of the treachery