Life's: humbled, regrets, delusions, what ifs, ethers, woulda,coulda and shouldas. share ya stories.

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
So lately ,it seems like I am hearing and seeing more and more stories about life and how people wish thjngs were different cuz it didn't turn out like they thought.

this thread is not about clowning even tho it may turn into that for obvious reasons. I think maybe someone can take something from it, apply it and learn from the stories shared.

I'll go first.
so recently a group of friends wanted to get together just to catch up. we all get together and a chick that used to give me atomic head came over an asked me why we never worked out.
I figure I can be honest...so I told her she messed up twice. first time, I was over for that head game when her phone rang...she stopped to answer it since she can't talk with her mouth full. but she still holding the dikk. so she puts a condom on me an tells the person she gotta call them back. ok...all fine an dandy right...no. she then said yes, I love you too and tried to start riding me...I asked her who that was an she said her boyfriend. i stopped her an got up. I didn't know she had a dude an I looked at it like that was fukked up. so I left.
fast forward ....like year an a half later. she was with a dentist ? . dude had money. so we thought. but she started to ? on everyone. people asked me to talk to her cuz she trippin. I call to talk to her....out of the blue she starts flipping out about how I ain't ? , her life is set, she about to get married an to stop contacting her. ok cool, so I did.

so after I tell her those two reasons...she's like ok. then went to the bathroom. she comes out and asks if she can talk to me outside. tears in her eyes an ? .

we go outside, she tries to hug me saying sorry, she don't know why she did that an if I can forgive her an maybe start seeing each other.. I m like "you know I'm married " ah man....she really starts balling. now hear comes our friends....asking her is everything good....she tells them an they like...but you made that decision. turns out the dentist was deep in debt an had no money....spent all her money, lost his office and was having a baby with another chick and filed for divorce an wants alimony.
so she feels if she made better decisions ..we might be together an she would be happily married to me.

smdh

how could I ever marry a chick like that after I seen how she treats her dude or how she treats people when she thinks she's winning.

smdh again

if things was going good for her...would she even give me the time of day now?

makes me even more glad I have the woman I have

ok y'all turn

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    somewhere between 1990 and 1991 Atari was trading on AMEX for something like $0.12/share. They had numerous failed machines and a shitload of vaporware projects that kept getting anounced then shelved (like the Atari Panther and Sparrow consoles, several 8 bit machines, and Atari ST variants) so their public image was ? as ? . Nobody ? with Atari except for the handful of people that bought the Lynx handheld (edit: I was ? with Atari heavy 'cause I owned Atari 800XL and 520ST computers plus previously owned an Atari VCS) . I kept saying to myself "I need to get in on that and snatch up a few thousand shares". Every paycheck I kept saying "yeah, next week I'mma call up a broker and get in on Atari. Every income tax return I kept saying "yeah, I'mma get that Atari stock after I buy these kicks and get some new fits from Oaktree/Chess King/etc and drop a few dollars at the ? bar.

I never bought that stock.

Summer of 1993 rolled around; June 28th to be exact. Atari inked a $500M deal with IBM to manufacture the Atari Jaguar console. The next day Atari stock was trading at around $13/a share.

If I had got in on that stock with $10K over time, I would have been sittin on about 80K shares of stock... and I would have had just over $1,000,000 had I cashed out on that day. With proper investing in other companies (Sun Microsystems, Cisco, Microsoft, SGI, etc), and subsequent cash-outs, I'd likely still be living off that money.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somewhere between 1990 and 1991 Atari was trading on AMEX for something like .12/share. They had numerous failed machines and a shitload of vaporware projects that kept getting anounced then shelved (like the Atari Panther and Sparrow consoles, several 8 bit machines, and Atari ST variants) so their public image was ? as ? . Nobody ? with Atari except for the handful of people that bought the Lynx handheld. I kept saying to myself "I need to get in on that and snatch up a few thousand shares". Every paycheck I kept saying "yeah, next week I'mma call up a broker and get in on Atari. Every income tax return I kept saying "yeah, I'mma get that Atari stock after I buy these kicks and get some new fits from Oaktree/Chess King/etc and drop a few dollars at the ? bar.

Summer of 1993 rolled around; June 28th to be exact. Atari inked a $500M deal with IBM to manufacture the Atari Jaguar console. The next day Atari stock was trading at around $13/a share.

If I had got in on that stock with $10K over time, I would have been sittin on about 80K shares of stock... and I would have had just over $1,000,000 had I cashed out on that day. With proper investing in other companies (Sun Microsystems, Cisco, Microsoft, SGI, etc), and subsequent cash-outs, I'd likely still be living off that money.

Not.gon' lie...this hurt my feelings
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ego works in crazy ways. I legit dont remember Ls and regrets, but I could name every small and petty wins.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything I've ever done "wrong" made me who I am today. If I had to find a regret, I probably shoulda got a 120hz LCD instead of the progressive 250 LED. But..
    ep2ojwa3gx4f.jpg

Live and learn
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    My ego works in crazy ways. I legit dont remember Ls and regrets, but I could name every small and petty wins.

THIS!
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    This teaching has humbled the ? outta me.

All the studying, RACKS I've spent on classes and different tests (one I failed three times before I finally passed it today), crazy ass kids, ? paraprofessionals.

I've been cussed out by kids from 6-20, threatened by students, assaulted by one, spit in the face by one kid (And I am going to find that ? once he turns 18. I still got his info), accused by paras of stealing their ? , all kinds of ? .

It's given me HELLA patience. It also gives me motivation to hit the gym 3-4 times a week to channel my anger and frustration for this ? DoE into positivity.

I had a similar experience working in a group home. Ain't nothing worse than a kid talkin ? with full knowledge that you can't and won't do ? .

Working with youths is a ? .
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    This teaching has humbled the ? outta me.

All the studying, RACKS I've spent on classes and different tests (one I failed three times before I finally passed it today), crazy ass kids, ? paraprofessionals.

I've been cussed out by kids from 6-20, threatened by students, assaulted by one, spit in the face by one kid (And I am going to find that ? once he turns 18. I still got his info), accused by paras of stealing their ? , all kinds of ? .

It's given me HELLA patience. It also gives me motivation to hit the gym 3-4 times a week to channel my anger and frustration for this ? DoE into positivity.
    Lmaoooooo. But yeah, whoop his ass!
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knew my wife forever before we got together for good. Had a kid very soon after and moved in together. Should've seen some signs I overlooked and had to deal with certain ? over a 10 year period and 2 more kids. Nothing's as bad as it has been and it hasn't been that bad in a while, but I can't get over the ? . At the same time still love her and refuse to break up my family. Guess I got to get past some ? , but I'm getting harder and more petty all the time.

Should've seen the signs but love is blind and all that ? . Passed up on some ? that loved my ? draws too, but I love the challenge and chase, more ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited March 2017
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Knew my wife forever before we got together for good. Had a kid very soon after and moved in together. Should've seen some signs I overlooked and had to deal with certain ? over a 10 year period and 2 more kids. Nothing's as bad as it has been and it hasn't been that bad in a while, but I can't get over the ? . At the same time still love her and refuse to break up my family. Guess I got to get past some ? , but I'm getting harder and more petty all the time.

Should've seen the signs but love is blind and all that ? . Passed up on some ? that loved my ? draws too, but I love the challenge and chase, more ? .

bruh....see a therapist for about a year an you'll be cool.

everybody goes thru ? ....you not alone but you need to get past it and make sure she past it.

makes things easier

i dont see the bad part in this...you in normal ?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I should of had that 4sum with 1 condom
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The one that got away.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »

bruh....see a therapist for about a year an you'll be cool.

everybody goes thru ? ....you not alone but you need to get past it and make sure she past it.

makes things easier

i dont see the bad part in this...you in normal ?

You probably right. I get on my high horse sometimes too because through all this ? I got advanced degrees and moved quickly up the Corp ladder. She ain't really do much more.

Guess I am kind of ? up. Need to do better, but I'd rather play cool than play myself.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    somewhere between 1990 and 1991 Atari was trading on AMEX for something like .12/share. They had numerous failed machines and a shitload of vaporware projects that kept getting anounced then shelved (like the Atari Panther and Sparrow consoles, several 8 bit machines, and Atari ST variants) so their public image was ? as ? . Nobody ? with Atari except for the handful of people that bought the Lynx handheld. I kept saying to myself "I need to get in on that and snatch up a few thousand shares". Every paycheck I kept saying "yeah, next week I'mma call up a broker and get in on Atari. Every income tax return I kept saying "yeah, I'mma get that Atari stock after I buy these kicks and get some new fits from Oaktree/Chess King/etc and drop a few dollars at the ? bar.

Not.gon' lie...this hurt my feelings

Bruh... I would have been able to pay off all my debt, buy a crib for my family and one for myself, car for my moms, a few dope ass rides for me (Porsche 944 Turbo S, 300CE, and a 300E would have been on the top of my list back then), small recording studio in the crib, and STILL would have had more than $800K to reinvest in other stocks I wanted to get in on.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A summer i was single i was hanging out with this chick who was pressing me hard to be in a relationship with her. I didnt want a relationship at the time n eventually we part ways no bad blood.

A loonng while later she end up contacting me out the blue....talkin about how shes got a man and he makes good money and moved her out to their own place......theyre gonna plan for kids and marriage etc....not on no bragging condescending ? ...just some catching up conversation.....

......but then trying to set up a date to see me.....which didnt happen.

All i could do was think about me being the dude she was with at the time....

Bullet dodged
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got invited to this chicks apartment that was feeling me
    Got over there and had every opportunity to smash even though she was like she wouldnt(she knows I'm the type that NO does not work on)
    I end up avoiding her cues and instead sat down with her and had a convo to see where her head was at....turns out she has her ? together and based on her personality is easily a wifey type that I had just caught in need of some ? .
    We chop it up about the future and what we want outta life.
    She has a good career, knows where she's headed in life, and is about to move outta state.

I do not smash this chick
    Told her goodnight and left on a good note

I have no idea y I aint hit.
    I dont know if I even regret it.
    I'm just at a loss.
    I got other ass on deck so it aint een bout that
    ? irking me tho
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You seem depressed bro. Your posts are aggressive and defensive most times. Get help.

Life isn't meant to be about thinking about memories. It's about making them.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    You seem depressed bro. Your posts are aggressive and defensive most times. Get help.

who you directing this too?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

who you directing this too?

Word.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    - almost ? August Ames and Monique Alexander. I met Lisa Ann and they was all nice as hell touching up on the kid. But August was focused letting a ? grab her ? and ass and I was the only ? doing that. She begs me to come out to the club and how all her friends are ready. I call my homeboy he's down, I have work the next morning so I'm not taking them as serious. August and Lisa give me free passes to VIP and how bottles are on them. I decide not to go SMMFH. I go to see this next girl the following day but it just wasn't the same.

LOL i saw you had the last post and KNEW it would be about this story
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got so many stories ? Im too the point when bad ? happens I dont cry I laugh at that ? . I hate to say but I went to my uncles funeral 3 weeks ago and the preacher was preaching I had the Shaq face the whole time for some reason. Its bad cause I never felt that way in my life. It seems like every decision I made to make my future better (graduating college, moving to my current city, other life choices) all ended up hurting more than helping
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn.........depressing thread.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've taken so many "L's" on a social level I don't even want to go back and relive none of it.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    - almost ? August Ames and Monique Alexander. I met Lisa Ann and they was all nice as hell touching up on the kid. But August was focused letting a ? grab her ? and ass and I was the only ? doing that. She begs me to come out to the club and how all her friends are ready. I call my homeboy he's down, I have work the next morning so I'm not taking them as serious. August and Lisa give me free passes to VIP and how bottles are on them. I decide not to go SMMFH. I go to see this next girl the following day but it just wasn't the same.

and this folks is a canadian/drake type ? . what ? in the states wouldnt of smashed? hell someone post that pic of them ? at the wedding.