Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    i do agree people should have a plan to save however in some cases it just not possible.. if you start in your youth you definitely have the upper hand because once you have a family and monthly responsibilities.. life comes at you fast. The reality is people need to be responsible with the money they spend but also.. the cost of living and low wage eats away at your saving potential

If only they would teach you things like this in school, hmmm.

This and starting a business

Starting a business isn't as simple as people like to try and make it

I disagree with this.. In America.. Starting a business is actually easier than filling out a job application and getting through a background check. No ? .. If you don't want to go through a lawyer depending on the state you can start a business for no more than $2-$300 dollars and do everything online..

your speaking of incorporating a business.

yea...that's easy.

running a business.... nah. not easy

I mean they said starting a business.. Lol.. That's how i interpreted it.. Running a business is a whole other animal.. A family member is running a successful enterprise.. And in the past year.. He looks like he's aged 6-7 years.. Looking at pics from a year ago to now it's startling..

what kinda business that they own?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i do agree people should have a plan to save however in some cases it just not possible.. if you start in your youth you definitely have the upper hand because once you have a family and monthly responsibilities.. life comes at you fast. The reality is people need to be responsible with the money they spend but also.. the cost of living and low wage eats away at your saving potential

I disagree with this.. In America.. Starting a business is actually easier than filling out a job application and getting through a background check. No ? .. If you don't want to go through a lawyer depending on the state you can start a business for no more than $2-$300 dollars and do everything online..

your speaking of incorporating a business.

yea...that's easy.

running a business.... nah. not easy

I mean they said starting a business.. Lol.. That's how i interpreted it.. Running a business is a whole other animal.. A family member is running a successful enterprise.. And in the past year.. He looks like he's aged 6-7 years.. Looking at pics from a year ago to now it's startling..

lol.....yea.

? can be stressful.... but the perks are or could be worth it
  • illcandidate
    illcandidate Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Options
    These type of statistics my own personal experiences, and the experiences of friends and family drove me into my current profession.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

No derail, but a lot of that is because of too much government. But ? don't want to hear that...

And alot of it is because most people simply don't know how to run something.

I agree. But even if you do have the necessary skills, too much government in the U.S. is still going to be a big, if not insurmountable, obstacle.

At this point, we're doing everything we can to destroy wealth, production, growth, etc. It's so bad American businessmen go to China, of all places, to set up their businesses because they're so much red tape in America.

It's no more apparent than today that small businesses are the bread and butter of a strong economy and middle class.