Options

Comments

• VeryViscousVision
    VeryViscousVision Members Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Yeah close this thread

My Bad, thought this was a discussion forum.
    Forgot it's a museum of Jay-Z v Nas rehashed discussions.

Wondering why this forum isn't popping like it used to be. Nigaaz got Jay, Nas, Gza, Benzino, Ja-Rule, 50 cent and Nupac Whackur on the front page.
    Yet a discussion about the fastest selling album this year and the artistic merits of the album and the artist intentions need to be closed.

Even after the artist confirmed it to be the case. Smh

Yeah backwards.
    "am pm...... " you already know.

This is my last post though. Only came back to show respect to the host.
    Can't grab my foil wrapped souls and then bounce.

I'll leave you dudes looking like these dudes at a bbq.

2_IceCube-Car.jpg

"PEACE AMOUNG WORLDS"
    a3a.gif

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks DAMN is better than TPAB lets me know they both don't really listen to the lyrics and they have a preference for production that lacks musicianship.

I disagree. Ive said before i respect tpab for what it is but its a much heavier album all the way thru n im not saying that in a bad way...but Damn is a lot more easier to listen to regardless of your mood and u still get good production, lyrics and flows. It also has a lot more bang to it.

So you "prefer" it more,
    but better is a definite no. DAMN has a grip of songs that serve no real purpose. TPAB front to back, each verse/song has a defined purpose. DAMN's lyrics are weak in comparison.

Yes, just as u "prefer" tpab more.

Its all subjective.

People only use the word subjective when it benefits them. They'll call another ? 's opinions trash but when a form of art is "technically" better than what they're talking about in every aspect, they turn around and say "it's subjective".

Nah im not makin a case for somethin like lil yachty vs tpab....we're talking about the same artist here, one album after another.

Clearly kendrick hasnt had a drop in quality as far as his artistry, no one is saying hes falling off or even claim hes selling out with this more 'commercial' album....its just simply a matter of u like tpab more.

Therefore using 'subjective' here isnt a cop out.

Theres more to Damn than production, lyrics, flow, etc. Theres a concept to it as well. Its a well packaged project that flows from beginning to end all connected.

He didnt just put some ? out. Its just not as attuned to your taste as tpab. Tho fans of tpab enjoy damn as well.

Its all subjective.

I agree DAMN is good album (gave it a 7). But I need to hear these good lyrics outside of DNA, Feel, Fear, and Duckworth. I was very disappointed lyrically and it's my main issue with this album. He was on cruise control (for his standards) for most of the album.

This is exactly what I was saying earlier. This album is GOOD- 7/10 is what I give it also. Kendrick is still a lyrical beast, but it felt like he wasn't trying at all on half the album. Had the same opinion about Lupe with Lasers, half the album was good, half the album was cruise control.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    @TheGOAT
    @playmaker88
    @KamPushMe

I'll leave you lot to it. Imma go back to sitting in the audience and watching the sitcom live.
    I've been in the background since before iheartcali went all Jamie Foxworth.

Few things while I'm here:
    Changes are annoying and cause bugs.

(1 or Last) page option Is hella annoying when there's over 20 pages. Implement a page wheel or something ? ain't got all day to be finding out where the joke started.

The story about dude ? himself in the store then trying to mask it from his wife. Real tears. Threads like that or hairline threads are gold. Need more comedy like that.

Whenever there's a topic and some ? goes and summoneds thread killer @gee757. SMH.

Got my gift bag. Looks like 3 souls. Imma enjoy these on the way home.

This what ? feel like, yeah
    Laughing to the bank like aha, yeah
    Flex on swole like aha, yeah
    You feel some type of way then, ahaaaaa

Obama-Drops-the-Mic.gif

Who is this faceless ? & y is it typing my sn???......faceless ? like this ? is y threads gett ruin cuz these ? ? on here can't help themselves tryna get my attention ya bish..
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The album has grown a lot more on me, ? is raw as ? !
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have tried to listened to it several times. It just doesn't pop for me. I cannot get past the production, or silly vocal projection delivery. It's a tough listen.

I am bumping.

Rae

Stro

Planet Asia
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reaching or not I enjoy any new or different insight and interpretation of the album.....it pushes me to research more....not just the music or the album itself but the subject matter (which I've been on the fence about for a long time)

cant lie some of this ? is speaking to me
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    reaching or not I enjoy any new or different insight and interpretation of the album.....it pushes me to research more....not just the music or the album itself but the subject matter (which I've been on the fence about for a long time)

FEAR. might be the best song on the album... and the bolded rings true with the lyrics
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

FEAR. might be the best song on the album... and the bolded rings true with the lyrics

Yea, FEAR. definitely sticks like glue. PRIDE. too.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Yea, FEAR. definitely sticks like glue. PRIDE. too.

Pride is slept on!
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fear the best track
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea Fear and DNA are my favorites
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the album all the way through, im glad i got tickets to see Kendrick like, im going to be high as ? , been keeping his full discography on repeat since i bought 'em.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    might get a hard copy and put it up
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    might get a hard copy and put it up

Lol late ass ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    lol I wonder what's the official because its songs that are completely different like love, kid Capri isn't on some songs but on nothers
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sion faster than drizzy b. Ion even think more life went plat
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to dot. ? went platinum in 3 weeks.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Eh humble lol loyalty
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Possible 3rd week at no. 1...
    Last week saw the release of several major albums, including Humanz by Gorillaz, Strength of a Woman by Mary J. Blige and Shine by Wale. Now the sales projections are in thanks to Hits Daily Double as the three releases jockey for position on the Billboard 200.

None of the albums are expected to beat Kendrick Lamar, whose DAMN. album is predicted to spend a third week at #1. The Compton torchbearer debuted last month with more than 600,000 album units and has held the crown ever since. In the upcoming sales cycle, Kung Fu Kenny is projected to push as many as 170,000 sales plus streaming figures.

With their latest LP, Humanz, Gorillaz are projected to follow in the second slot on the Billboard 200. With guest appearances from Vince Staples, Danny Brown and more, the group could sell up to 120,000 equivalent album units with 105,000 album sales.

Mary J. Blige is expected to come in third place with her first album in three years, Strength of a Woman. The LP could push as many as 72,000 total units with 68,000 of those being pure album sales.

Wale dropped his Shine album a week early on his fans, which may or may not have affected his chart placement, which is predicted to be the 20th slot. The MMG rapper is expected to sell 20,000 units with 13,000 albums.

The Nielson SoundScan ratings will be released Monday (May 8).
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    Damn Wale only 20k tho???
    tenor.gif