At what age did you get your first grey hair? (Spinoff)

Options
Lurkristocrat
Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
How did u feel? Ive yet to get one but i anticipate feeling a sense of achievement when i do. Not many people today make it pass 21 let alone to see their first gray hair so i wouldnt see it as a disappointment but as a badge of honor.

So Lets talk bout it.. (No American Loo)

Comments

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think i was 21?.. ? , I thought it was dope.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had a small strand of white hair in the back of my head when I was about 25, then when I was 29, I noticed some in my beard/goatee. Gotten a few more as the years went on
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all black here...no Beijing
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've noticed several popping up in my goatee over the past few years.

It doesn't bother me though I don't plan to try to cover them up with that Just For Men over the counter product or any of that kind of stuff.

I've been told that men that keep themselves well groomed, in decent shape, and can dress a little still look good aged. I'll hang my hat on that and keep it moving.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Think I was like 32. Didn't feel any kind of way cause my best friend(same age) has a head full of gray lol. I got like 4 or 5 now but eh it is what it is. No ? , I'll pluck them ? with the quickness lol

Sidenote: I noticed they started poppin up more often when I started workin 2 jobs. I know most say it's a genetic thing but I think there's other factors to it as well.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    old ass , stress ass ?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    25 and around that time my 18-19 yr old smoking buddies had them too I only had one strand though they had them all over their head. what kind of life were they living and how did they spend their nights?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Think I was like 32. Didn't feel any kind of way cause my best friend(same age) has a head full of gray lol. I got like 4 or 5 now but eh it is what it is. No ? , I'll pluck them ? with the quickness lol

Sidenote: I noticed they started poppin up more often when I started workin 2 jobs. I know most say it's a genetic thing but I think there's other factors to it as well.

Stress and exhaustion are strong factors
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »

Stress and exhaustion are strong factors

yeah staying up late not getting enough rest will age you fast. I read an online article it said black men don't start graying until their mid forties. I wish I knew that back then. its okay though when I cut my hair down to a low fade you cant see the gray.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ..i think they are seasonal...cuz they would appear then disappear
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I was 32 maybe 33. I knew it was coming because we get grey early on both sides of my family. From what I remember, my mom said she started getting grey hairs in undergrad, when she was 17!

My dad started in his 30's. He let it go until my mom's great aunt met him for the first time and said it didn't look "right" for a young man to have all that grey and he needs to dye it, lol. He was 35-36 at the time and started dying it ever since then.

I used to come home on Saturdays and find my dad with his head in the sink, a towel on his shoulders while my mom rinsed out the excess dye. I'd give him a hard time and he'd always say "your time is coming, enjoy it while you can, you'll be doing the same thing" and he was right lol...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just last year, I was 29 when I first spotted it in my goatee
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn near over the hill and I still dont have one. I thought I had one but it was the light reflection.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    22 or 23

Now i got about 15 of them up top

• twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options
    I had a cluster of a few in my goatee probably around 23/24...but you could only notice 'em when the sun hit just right. Rockin a full beard for the moment and got like 2 on the right side of my face and 1 on the left...and my Wisdom Cluster is still in the front.

I ain't never felt no kinda way about it. ? is what it is. *Wiz shrug*
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn@these young ass ? gettin grey hairs, im 33 and not a single one, think it runs in my family my momma in her 60s and barely has any
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    22 or 23

Now i got about 15 of them up top

• SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must hurt when y'all ? pick up the just for men off the shelf

24myuqvefaer.gif

Member when u used to

m9qp8r9z6wfm.gif

Now ya old ass outchea like

rz1uebkc6zlj.gif

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must hurt when y'all ? pick up the just for men off the shelf

24myuqvefaer.gif

Member when u used to

m9qp8r9z6wfm.gif

Now ya old ass outchea like

rz1uebkc6zlj.gif

Lol the wade block was before the wade dunk
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ive yet to get any
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just got them my beard and they more white than grey looks dope to me. still got a full head of jet black hair
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I was around 27. It was on my head. I was worried that I might get start looking old while still young.

Today (more than 10 years later) though, I still have just one or two in my head. My beard, on the other hand, is about a quarter grey. Didn't expect this ? at all. But I think I'd prefer a black head of hair and grey beard than vice versa.

Gonna ? around and end up with the Stephen Colbert look.

o-STEPHEN-COLBERT-570.jpg?1

• #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First one at 24, maybe 23. 29 now and I got a bunch of them in my beard but none up top. I consider it lucky that I lasted that long tho cause my moms said that my grandad started graying (up top) in his teens and so did his dad. She said early graying runs in the family.