• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Damn, that's sad.

Is sex trafficking and/or ? harvesting really the cause? Sick.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh..

im at a loss for ? words..
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sumthn feels off about this
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Am I the only one who hasn't seen this on the news?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Damn, that's sad.

Is sex trafficking and/or ? harvesting really the cause? Sick.

Human trafficking as well. Shipped off to another country. Smdh

A sick and filthy society we live in.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it just me or does 14 missing teenagers seem kinda like a lowball number for a city the size of DC? Is this YTD?

I know one of those tweets says in the past 24 hours but I refuse to believe that off the strength of a tweet.

UPDATE: just did some research and gleaned this:
    The District of Columbia logged 501 cases of missing juveniles, many of them black or Latino, in the first three months of this year, according to the Metropolitan Police Department, the city's police force. Twenty-two remained open as of March 22, police said.

So that number is YTD and it's the number of teens that still remain missing out of the 501 reported missing for the past 4 months. Not to sound cold but that doesn't seem that high or unusual since many of them could be runaways and based on the odds (479:22) many could have been missing for just a short period of time and are likely to be found or go back soon.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    authorities searched harder for tom brady's missing jersey than they searched for these missing black girls

its a cold world we live in
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just imagine 14 girls goes missing in 1 week from your childs high school?? You mean to tell me this ? aint a serious issue??
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man I cant hardly imagine that ? smh
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    ^^^^
    they have amber alert for 1 kid.

how is 14 low?

amber alert was created because of 1 missing white girl.

we have 14 missing black girls.

this is not the time for stats.

this is fukked up

The point is it's not like they all went missing at once and missing != abducted. This is absolutely the time for stats. The number 14 is a stat - I'm just giving that stat some context. There are a lot of factors that are being ignored such as how long each kid has been missing, what is the average number of missing kids per capita in a city that size and what constitutes missing (such as running away). Or you can just ignore stats and make your opinion based on what @richgirltura and meek mills tweeted. lol that's up to you.
    texas409 wrote: »
    just imagine 14 girls goes missing in 1 week from your childs high school?? You mean to tell me this ? aint a serious issue??

14 girls didn't go missing in 1 week though and they're not all from one school (that's a new twist - did you add that? are you gonna make a meme about it to give this store some more life?) they're from the whole city... this is the telephone effect of when people get and share news through memes.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    ^^^^
    they have amber alert for 1 kid.

how is 14 low?

amber alert was created because of 1 missing white girl.

we have 14 missing black girls.

this is not the time for stats.

this is fukked up

The point is it's not like they all went missing at once and missing != abducted. This is absolutely the time for stats. The number 14 is a stat - I'm just giving that stat some context. There are a lot of factors that are being ignored such as how long each kid has been missing, what is the average number of missing kids per capita in a city that size and what constitutes missing (such as running away). Or you can just ignore stats and make your opinion based on what @richgirltura and meek mills tweeted. lol that's up to you.
    texas409 wrote: »

14 girls didn't go missing in 1 week though and they're not all from one school (that's a new twist - did you add that? are you gonna make a meme about it to give this store some more life?) they're from the whole city... this is the telephone effect of when people get and share news through memes.

white girls go missing everyday....but amber alert was still created....

just pray they are ok....is that too hard?
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is all the way messed up...smh.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just remember, we allow this ? to go on....so we can be mad sad and disappointed all we want to...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait this ? happened in just a few days?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It didn't happen over one day...its happened over the course of a few days. One 13 yr old girl was found in a hotel on NY Ave in Northeast. When her mom asked about arresting the person responsible they told her to file a stay away order instead. The damn police commander got on the radio the other morning and when asked how can teens protect themselves she simply said "Stay home. Its just that simple" and when called out about how stupid that sounded tried to say there was background noise and she was misquoted...
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not from D.C. so this is just what i am getting from the different articles i have been reading. it's not that they are saying its an increase in black girls missing but it's more about the difference in how the PD investigates. apparently dc has closed 99% of their missing children cases. 16 cases remain open and 14 of them are black teen girls. folks seem to be upset because the PD is quick to label black missing teens as runaways. if they are truly abducted but listed as runaways then the department is losing precious time.

no 14 is not a lot for a major city but when u can solve 99% of missing peoples cases and only have 16 open and 14 of those are black teenage girls then it is something wrong. it looks like the police are either not putting energy into finding the missing black teens or someone is targeting black teen girls and getting away with it at a much higher rate.

a statistic that would be helpful would be how many missing teens are listed as dead and the remains found.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    im not from D.C. so this is just what i am getting from the different articles i have been reading. it's not that they are saying its an increase in black girls missing but it's more about the difference in how the PD investigates. apparently dc has closed 99% of their missing children cases. 16 cases remain open and 14 of them are black teen girls. folks seem to be upset because the PD is quick to label black missing teens as runaways. if they are truly abducted but listed as runaways then the department is losing precious time.

no 14 is not a lot for a major city but when u can solve 99% of missing peoples cases and only have 16 open and 14 of those are black teenage girls then it is something wrong. it looks like the police are either not putting energy into finding the missing black teens or someone is targeting black teen girls and getting away with it at a much higher rate.

a statistic that would be helpful would be how many missing teens are listed as dead and the remains found.

This is a good point. But I'll add that from what I understand about DC probably 97% of those missing kids that were found or returned home were black or hispanic as well.