Crazy Trump worshipper Alex Jones apologizes for Pizzagate conspiracy theory...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgE2rbrqQoI

http://www.mediaite.com/online/alex-jones-apologizes-for-pizzagate-i-made-comments-about-mr-alefantis-that-in-hindsight-i-regret/
Alex Jones has apologized.

Yes, you’re reading that correctly. The radio host famous for conspiracy theories including that fluoridated water is causing homosexuality and that the Sandy Hook massacre was staged, has apparently thrown in the towel on another fan favorite: Pizzagate.

In a highly unusual six-minute video, Jones issued a direct apology to James Alefantis for promoting the rumor that he was running a child sex ring out the basement of his restaurant, Comet Ping Pong. The belief that Alefantis, his restaurant and the alleged child sex ring were tied to former Clinton campaign chief, John Podesta subsequently become known as Pizzagate.

“I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him,” said Jones in his video, A Note to Our Listening, Viewing and Reading Audiences Concerning Pizzagate Coverage. “We relied on third-party accounts of alleged activities and conduct at the restaurant. We also relied on accounts of reporters who are no longer with us.”

The statement came after inquiries raised by Mr. Alefantis’ lawyers to the show.

“To my knowledge today, neither Mr. Alefantis nor his restaurant Comet Ping Pong, were involved in any human trafficking as was part of the theories about Pizzagate.”

Jones received great notoriety during the 2016 presidential campaign and has been cited as a regular source of information for President Donald Trump. The radio host interviewed candidate Trump back in 2015. He has also reportedly been promised press credentials for the daily White House briefing.

Jones insisted he had previously backed away from Pizzagate claims back in December of 2016. His full on air apology now makes it official.

dab5a8664d73bffea41c237cb4032f7a9a0c4d16_hq.jpg

Comments