Jordan Pelle In Talks to Diirect Live Action Akira

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fresh off his mega-successful directorial debut, “Get Out,” Jordan Peele has now been courted by Warner Bros. to helm the live-action adaptation of the iconic cyberpunk manga “Akira,” as reported by The Tracking Board. According to the site, the studio is moving “aggressively” to seal the*deal with*the comedian-turned-filmmaker, and the talks seem “encouraging.”

Set in a dystopian version of Tokyo called Neo-Tokyo, “Akira” centers around two teenage bikers, Tetsuo and Kaneda, whose lives change dramatically after Tetsuo realizes he has psychic powers. Fearing that the city will be hit with another catastrophic psychic explosion, a government agency goes after Tetsuo, all the while fearing the monstrous power of the mysterious Akira.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni60941480/

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Get Out was too good now they trying to sabotage this ? . This ? is a set up. Thats some make or break ? to take on so early in his directing career. Hope he proves me wrong tho.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Get Out was too good now they trying to sabotage this ? . This ? is a set up. Thats some make or break ? to take on so early in his directing career. Hope he proves me wrong tho.

I wouldn't touch this project neither, it seems like a trap. The studio are now desperate for Akira to get made now they've seen Ghost In The Shell get released, and he's the talk of the town as he's had a successful debut as a director... these Hollywood studios have no shame. I don't see Akira working on the screen at all, but then I personally don't rate the original film much neither.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That death scene with that girl was disturbing.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Akira one of them movies that only worked because it was animated. I hope he turns this down
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Black excellence
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are they serious with this. Directors are like actors. I don't care how good a director is, that doesn't mean he's good for every movie. I can't see that goofy ass ? doing this movie justice.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are they serious with this. Directors are like actors. I don't care how good a director is, that doesn't mean he's good for every movie. I can't see that goofy ass ? doing this movie justice.

Why not? "Goofy" ? are the ones that are into this type of ? .

I'm in agreement with KingFreeman though, this is a sabotage mission.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why not? "Goofy" ? are the ones that are into this type of ? .

I'm in agreement with KingFreeman though, this is a sabotage mission.

Akira ain't really goofy ? though. Akira is in the same vein as like Blade Runner or some ? like that. They need a director with some classic SciFi experience. I'm not really sure how, Peele doing a good job with a vastly different genre would make him seem like a good fit for Akira.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id rather see his next in line of the thrillers he has planned.

Idk nothin about this anime ?