FXX cancels Man Seeking Woman

Options
marc123
marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.avclub.com/article/fxx-no-longer-seeking-man-seeking-woman-253225

Damn. That sux. FXX really cancelling shows now. Bootleg knock off channel really cancelling good shows.

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ..."Man Seeking Woman"???

4ea.jpg

Never heard of it
  • marc123
    Options
    @TheGOAT

Binge it bro. Jus 3 seasons, 10 eps each.

https://youtu.be/HxURCAJaZ6E
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Danger from Million Dollar Baby

Ill check it out
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaaaah man, this is one of my favourite shows.

Dammit
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    I mean they got married so i dont see where they could go from there
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It had a good run imo
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Yeah it basically became Man Found Woman. Where else could they really take it? premise was already stretched pretty thin.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great show. I was late as hell on it though so that sucks. Havent seen any of season 3, but Seasons 1 and 2 were great.

I think FX ? up making that FXX channel. Because of them swapping the shows to that station, a few great shows have now gotten cancelled. This and Legit.
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    Options

Life.

Buying a house. Having kids. The ups n downs of marriage etc etc. It pretty much would be like any other married couple com rom show with all the sur real comedy. Im sure it woulda been funny.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Life.

Buying house. Having kids. The ups n downs of marriage etc etc. It pretty much would be like any other married couple com rom show with all the sur real comedy. Im sure it woulda been funny.

Don't they already have a show with that exact same premise?

• marc123
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Great show. I was late as hell on it though so that sucks. Havent seen any of season 3, but Seasons 1 and 2 were great.

I think FX ? up making that FXX channel. Because of them swapping the shows to that station, a few great shows have now gotten cancelled. This and Legit.

Yea. I have no idea why FX is tryin to push this bs FXX channel. Makes no sense, FX is basically the darker version of FOX. And FXX is pretty much a bootleg FX and few cable providers carry it. And alotta ppl irl never even heard of FXX

Imo Fox should with FXX as NBC did with Hulu. Make it a full online streaming service. Release full seasons online, also add the library of all FOX shows. Makes sense to me.
  • marc123
    Options

Life.

Buying house. Having kids. The ups n downs of marriage etc etc. It pretty much would be like any other married couple com rom show with all the sur real comedy. Im sure it woulda been funny.

Don't they already have a show with that exact same premise?

Yes. But the sur real aspect adds some thing new.....didn't i jus say that.
  • Broddie
    Options
    You ungrateful ? should hear yourselves. FXX (FX Xtra) was created because Fox was producing too much cable shows for one channel as is. They needed another one in order to keep the volume up & not prematurely cancel anything.
  • Broddie
    Options

Life.

Buying a house. Having kids. The ups n downs of marriage etc etc. It pretty much would be like any other married couple com rom show with all the sur real comedy. Im sure it woulda been funny.

I guess you forget the fact that the objective of the show was exploring single male life and it's obstacles. Once you marry off the protagonist you render that point pretty moot.
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Life.

I guess you forget the fact that the objective of the show was exploring single male life and it's obstacles. Once you marry off the protagonist you render that point pretty moot.

I guess. But if its still funny, then whats the problem. Plus in the article the creator says he has still has "more story to tell". So why not let him tell it.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    They should have sold it to people differently then. I dont know how the cable works, but in order to acquire FXX up here you have to purchase a package of channels. All the other channels besides FXX are sports channels or one channel that just shows infomercials lol. Not cool sports either, our package was sports like water polo and other random ? you would never watch. I heard it was a similar deal for other providers like direct tv to have to order a whole package of channels.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Damn Alaska lost.

Here in NYC I got it automatically cause I have FX.

FXX is to FX what TBS is to TNT and IFC to AMC an extension with more focus on younger audiences via comedy and action. So I figured just like with those if you had one you had the other no matter where you were.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Maybe Hulu could pick it up. They need some good "Originals". They promote the hell out of it too.
  • marc123
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Maybe Hulu could pick it up. They need some good "Originals". They promote the hell out of it too.

Doubt it.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Watching the 1st ep now.

This ? is wild.

? & a troll?
  • Broddie
    edited April 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Watching the 1st ep now.

This ? is wild.

? & a troll?

Think of it as representing exaggerations people make in convo. It's almost like it's mocking all those people who tend to misuse the adverb 'literally'. Like "her new man is such an ass, she's literally dating ? " or "she was so crass and ugly it was literally like dating a troll".
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Ep2 with the situation room deciding what to txt is pretty funny.

I might rock with the show for a lil bit
  • marc123
    Options
    Watching the 1st ep now.

This ? is wild.

? & a troll?

The 1st ep is prolly the least funny of season 1. It gets much funnier imo. Real lol comedy. Enjoy.
  • marc123
    Options
    Watching the 1st ep now.

This ? is wild.

? & a troll?

Think of it as representing exaggerations people make in convo. It's almost like it's mocking all those people who tend to misuse the adverb 'literally'. Like "her new man is such an ass, she's literally dating ? " or "she was so crass and ugly it was literally like dating a troll".

I don't think you had to explain it, its pretty self explanatory. But what ever.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Watching the 1st ep now.

This ? is wild.

? & a troll?

I don't think you had to explain it, its pretty self explanatory. But what ever.

You know how it is with comedy. A lot of times people might miss the actual joke.