Boston x Racism: Blk baseball player faces racism @ Fenway Park.. Update:KKKurt Schilling chimes in…

Options

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just ? hate Boston. So they give me a reason, I'm gonna ? on them period

? em all except Isiah Thomas lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

conspiracy? no. i'm certain they earned their reputation
    and i made clear in my original post i have nooooooo problem ? on Boston (seriously, ? that city)

but when it comes to racism and us getting mistreated, i have a hard time JUST pointing the finger at Boston and not america as a whole. it's more of an attack on people who'll get on their high horse ? on Boston for their racism when similar or worse incidents occurred in their own backyard

I feel you, but I don't think that's what's going on here. If there is one thing the people on this site are good at, it's complaining about racism. Oh, and calling people ? . So attacking people who attack black people and attacking other black people are IC specialties.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember when ? khaleesi and that other chick from boston tried to tell us that ? city wasnt racist?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crackas are racist. Water is wet
  • Trillfate
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Remember when ? khaleesi and that other chick from boston tried to tell us that ? city wasnt racist?

Lol.. she said she had never experienced racism in boston.. to me she sounded like a person that born into slavery not really realizing he/she doesn't have freedom, things just are the way they are
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Fining fans for words tho?

I get the a salt with deadly peanuts, hell yeah a fine should be tied to that.

Imagine how many charities could be taken care of.......

I wouldn't call for a fine but definitely should be banned from the Stadium.

Considering the lifetime ban
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read $40 million Slave

There will always be conflict between black athletes and the whites who cheer for/against them
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next day dude goes 0/4
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://mainepublic.org/post/boston-red-sox-fan-reports-racial-slur-and-lifetime-ban-results#stream/0
    Boston Red Sox Fan Reports A Racial Slur, And A Lifetime Ban Results

At the same baseball game that saw Boston Red Sox fans make amends with a player targeted by racial slurs at Fenway Park, one fan reportedly used a slur to comment on a singer — and that fan has now been banned from the stadium.

"Yes, it was a racial comment," Red Sox club President Sam Kennedy said, according to the team. "It was a racial comment used to describe the national anthem that was taking place, the performance of the national anthem. It was sickening to hear."

The fan was ejected and told not to come back to Fenway after he used a slur in speaking to another fan about the Kenyan woman who had just sung the anthem before Tuesday's game.

Both of the men who were speaking are white. But the man to whom the remark was addressed is Calvin Hennick, the father of a 6-year-old, mixed-race son who was sitting with him in the stands.

"Took my son to his first baseball game tonight," Hennick wrote on Twitter, adding that he had "spent the day mentally defending my city" after Monday night's game in which Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones was subjected to racial taunts and a bag of peanuts was thrown at him.

Describing the encounter with a man he described as a "middle-aged white fan," Hennick said the fan had criticized the woman who sang the anthem by saying, "It was too long, and she n******* it up."

"I thought that surely I'd misheard him," Hennick wrote, saying he asked the man to repeat himself.

"Just to be clear," Hennick said he then responded to the man, repeating his words back to him once again.

"That's right," the man replied, according to Hennick. "And I stand by it."

Hennick said he "immediately found an usher and told him what transpired."

"To the Sox's credit, they took the incident seriously," Hennick wrote, adding that when he was brought to identify the fan, the man denied using the slur. Hennick, his son and his father-in-law were given better seats, and the man was eventually kicked out.

While he initially thought the other fan had spoken in the belief that they shared the same views on race, Hennick tells The Associated Press, "The more I think about it, the more I think it was a deliberate thumb in the eye."

The ousted fan hasn't been publicly identified; the Red Sox say the Boston police were also involved in the case.

"When we see this sort of thing, we must fight back," Hennick wrote on Twitter. "Our opponent lacks a spine. There is no way for us not to win."

Hennick has spoken out about racism before — most notably in 2014, when the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., prompted him to write an essay for Ebony titled, I Hope My Son Stays White, in which he admitted to fears about how his son is perceived.

The Red Soxes' Kennedy said he couldn't recall another incident in which a fan was permanently banned from Fenway Park. He thanked Hennick for reporting the issue and said he was proud of how the park's staff had reacted.

The interaction came on the same night Red Sox fans had been urged to show they welcome all races, after Monday's ugly incident that targeted Adam Jones. And thousands of Boston fans did that, giving a loud and hearty round of applause for the Baltimore player.

As NPR reported, "At Tuesday's game, many fans applauded and stood up as Jones went to bat in the first inning. Boston pitcher Chris Sale stepped off the mound to let Jones relish the moment and some Red Sox players also applauded."

After Monday's game, the Red Sox issued a statement reading, "The Red Sox have zero tolerance for such inexcusable behavior, and our entire organization and our fans are sickened by the conduct of an ignorant few."
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

? the entire Celtics team. I'm already tired of the constant media coverage about him.
  • KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Remember when KG was being traded from the wolves, and didn't wanna sign off on the trade to the Celtics until Shuttleworth said he was going to the celtics. He didn't wanna play there because of that racist ? .
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wonder whats gonna happen when a black fan refers to one of the players as a ? (for example : That ? Cant Catch) and a white fan reports him?!
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »

? the entire Celtics team. I'm already tired of the constant media coverage about him.

Don't worry, bruh. They make it past Wall and Co., best believe we gon smack them ? up and not apologize for it. Word to J.R...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/i-say-hes-lying-curt-schilling-doubts-that-orioles-player-adam-jones-was-called-the-n-word/
    ‘I Say He’s Lying’: Curt Schilling Doubts That Orioles Player Adam Jones Was Called the N-Word

Earlier this week, we posted about Baltimore Orioles player Adam Jones, who received apologies from the Boston Red Sox and the Mayor of Boston after an incident in which a fan called Jones the N-Word and threw peanuts at him during a game at Fenway Park.

But even though Jones’ account of the incident was good enough for the Boston Red Sox, it is apparently not good enough for their former star pitcher, Curt Schilling.

In comments reported by the New York Daily News, Schilling, who currently hosts a show on Breitbart, said on Periscope that he believes Jones, “is full of sh*t, honestly.”

“If somebody did say it, we’re going to see it and hear about it, and I would apologize to Adam Jones for doubting him, but until then, I think this is bullsh*t,” Schilling said. “I think this is somebody creating a situation.”

Schlling added:

I don’t believe the story, given the world we live in. I don’t believe it, for this reason: Everybody is starving and hungry to sit in front of a camera and talk and be social justice warriors. And if a fan yelled loud enough in center field for Adam Jones to hear the N-word, I guarantee you we would’ve heard and seen fans around on CNN on MSNBC, they would’ve found multiple fans to talk about what a racist piece of junk Boston is.

On top of the apology, the Red Sox managed to identify the offending fan. The organization has taken the measure of banning the fan from Fenway Park for life.

Despite all this, Schilling still doesn’t believe Jones’ account of the incident.

“I say he’s lying,” Schilling said.
    “If he isn’t, I will apologize.”
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    And today's ? you goes to........

Curt Schilling

? Curt Schilling
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    i dont think anybody is surprised bro
  • Trillfate
    Options
    This shouldn't surprise anybody. White people always think we're lying about racism. A white cop could shoot an unarmed black, light up a blunt with his partner, and reminisce about the joys of beating up ? all on camera and most whites would still be like "You know...I just don't see it."

Its weird tho becuz Kkkurt is a known bigot giving his opinion on breitbart, a racist/hate site. So that means the ppl most likely to use racial slurs dont believe it happened.. in boston at that.. wtf?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston the only city on the east coast i've never visited or even thought about visiting
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this is why Curt Schilling's stupid ass will never get into the Hall Of Fame.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/i-say-hes-lying-curt-schilling-doubts-that-orioles-player-adam-jones-was-called-the-n-word/
    ‘I Say He’s Lying’: Curt Schilling Doubts That Orioles Player Adam Jones Was Called the N-Word

Earlier this week, we posted about Baltimore Orioles player Adam Jones, who received apologies from the Boston Red Sox and the Mayor of Boston after an incident in which a fan called Jones the N-Word and threw peanuts at him during a game at Fenway Park.

But even though Jones’ account of the incident was good enough for the Boston Red Sox, it is apparently not good enough for their former star pitcher, Curt Schilling.

In comments reported by the New York Daily News, Schilling, who currently hosts a show on Breitbart, said on Periscope that he believes Jones, “is full of sh*t, honestly.”

“If somebody did say it, we’re going to see it and hear about it, and I would apologize to Adam Jones for doubting him, but until then, I think this is bullsh*t,” Schilling said. “I think this is somebody creating a situation.”

Schlling added:

I don’t believe the story, given the world we live in. I don’t believe it, for this reason: Everybody is starving and hungry to sit in front of a camera and talk and be social justice warriors. And if a fan yelled loud enough in center field for Adam Jones to hear the N-word, I guarantee you we would’ve heard and seen fans around on CNN on MSNBC, they would’ve found multiple fans to talk about what a racist piece of junk Boston is.

On top of the apology, the Red Sox managed to identify the offending fan. The organization has taken the measure of banning the fan from Fenway Park for life.

Despite all this, Schilling still doesn’t believe Jones’ account of the incident.

“I say he’s lying,” Schilling said.
    “If he isn’t, I will apologize.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/curt-schilling-doubles-orioles-adam-jones-lying-article-1.3136600?utm_content=bufferc2d49&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter
    "First off, they say there is racism in Boston. And I have to say, listen, there's racism everywhere," Schilling said. "There's no more racism in Boston than there is San Francisco, in Chicago, in Detroit, in Dallas. … Calling Boston racist because somebody might have yelled the N-word at a Red Sox game is like saying all black people are criminals because somebody that's black went to jail. It's stupid, it's dumb.

"So I posted (Wednesday) night, I questioned whether this event actually happened. Because Adam Jones is the same guy who, unasked, last year came out and said that baseball is a white man's sport. … I don't know what the point was. OK, football is a black man's sport, basketball is a black man's sport, hockey is a white man's sport. So what? What does that mean? Are you saying that the sport is racist? Because I can tell you, being a six- or seven-billion dollar a year industry, that's not how it works. If you can play, you play."

"I spent most of my adult life in baseball parks. I heard the N-word out of my black teammates' mouths about 100 million times," Schilling continued. "For somebody to talk loud enough for Adam Jones to hear the N-word in center field, other people would have heard it."
    Schilling then cited several examples on the air, such as the Duke lacrosse case, of what he termed "the list of multiple hundreds of fake racist hoaxes perpetrated by black people, on black people, to make white people look racist."

Of course, there was no mention by Schilling of the countless examples of the opposite being true, including the recent shooting of 15-year-old Jordan Edwards, which resulted in the firing of a Texas police officer.